gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Aislyn
07-31-2023, 11:43 AM

Ever since she learned lizards didn’t have a smell and couldn’t really be tracked, it sparked a thought inside of her mind. If lizards did have a smell, would she have been able to use her senses to find it anyway? She wasn’t so sure. So, the only thing to do was to practice the innate skill, and work on perfecting it as she grew older. Perhaps someday she would be good enough to track down some type of rare animal… or even better, a rare item she could gift to her Mama or Daddy! But until then, she had a lot of work to do.

So when her mother arranged for her to meet someone who would help her, she was very excited. Mama said one of the pack’s hunters would help her work on her tracking, and they would meet her in the garden around noon to begin. Clove had showed up early, because she could hardly contain her excitement. Now all she had to do was wait for the woman to show up.

*skill: tracked another character

"Clove Carpathius"
Code by Shelby

Caladia

Loner

Expert Fighter (145)

Advanced Hunter (75)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Student
08-08-2023, 02:56 PM

Since Callie had turned one year old, the girl had been given the opportunity to choose what path she wished to take in the Hallows. Being a momma’s girl, the hodgepodge hued girl had ultimately decided to follow after Fern and took on the hunting track. Now, with Art and Briar’s newest litter romping around Hearthstone, it has become to apparent that some of the pups would also like to learn how to hunt. And that means that she will get the opportunity to teach them. It is big reasonability but one that Callie is ready and eager to accept.

It had been prearranged that she would take Clove on a little hunting lesson today and the girl had spent the morning scouting around the castle for prey for them to track. The sun was close to reaching its zenith when Caladia wanders to the garden, seeking out her new student. An excited pup is waiting among the blooming flowers and the girl smiles warmly as she approaches the pup. Gently, the yearling calls, “Clove? Are you ready to learn about hunting?”

Mismatched eyes gaze happily at the other girl as a warm, friendly smile rests on her lips. Once the pup confirms that she is, indeed ready, the hodgepodge colored girl introduces herself, “I am Caladia Carpathius, your cousin. But, please, call me Callie!” Happiness is evident in every line of Callie’s face as her tail wags lazily behind her and it is apparent that the girl is excited to teach Clove some of what she knows about hunting. Tilting her head slightly, the girl asks, “What would you like to learn about today?”

"Caladia Carpathius"

Clove

The Hallows
Rookery Ranger

Advanced Hunter (100)

Advanced Navigator (105)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Aislyn
08-08-2023, 05:28 PM

Only a few moments later a woman who was older, but not older like her parents, appeared in the garden. Her pelt was unlike anything she had ever since before, and as she approached her, Clove stood frozen and stared up at her in awe. She was so pretty! Clove’s tail wagged softly behind her, a shy smile lighting up her face as she looked up at the emerald and blue-colored eyes peering down at her. “Hello! Yes, I’m Clove, and I’m ready to learn about hunting!” There was a lot of excitement in her voice, which was paired with an increase in the wagging of her tail. Clove had an ever-growing passion for hunting and was ready to turn her passion into a skill set.

Claudia was the girl’s name, and she was Clove’s cousin. How cool! Clove dipped her head in a greeting. “Hi, Callie!” She didn’t reintroduce herself, because Callie already knew who she was. So she figured it was best to get down to business. “I want to learn how to track things.” She started, thinking back to her experience with the lizard. She had gotten lucky and found it in the bushes, but she would have never been able to sniff it out. “Maybe we can find an animal?” She said, making suggestions though she wasn’t entirely sure what to do. “Oh! Or we can play hide and seek!” She went quiet then, waiting for Callie’s thoughts on what they could do. Clove was the student after all, and would listen to whatever the woman told her.

"Clove Carpathius"
Code by Shelby

Caladia

Loner

Expert Fighter (145)

Advanced Hunter (75)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Student
11-09-2023, 05:19 PM

The hodgepodge hued girl looks down at her cousin with a wide smile as Clove excitedly confirms who she is. A warm laugh bubbles out as the pup eagerly talks about wanting to learn how to hunt and Callie cannot help but boast, “Well, between you and me, I know a few things about tracking. See my mom is the head hunter here!” Eyes sparkle with pride and she even puffs her chest out slightly but it quickly deflates as she excitedly says, “What do say we go on a proper hunt? There is a herd of gazelle grazing near the plains and we can bring one down! Come on, follow me!”

With a wink, Caladia turns and leads the pair out to where she last spotted the gazelles and, when they can spy the group in the distance, she calls a halt. Turning to Clove, Callie says, “Okay! So that is the herd. Take a moment and register their scent, for the future.” She sets the example by pulling in a deep breath through her nostrils and the girl quickly catalogues the various scents that linger in the air, labeling and setting aside the ones that are useful until she finds the herd’s scent.

Looking down to Clove, she makes sure that her cousin has the scent as well before Callie moves on with the lesson, “Now, it is important that we get as close to the herd as possible before revealing ourselves. We will crouch down low and slowly make our way toward them. Use the tall grass as much as possible to hide your form. And keep close to me.” A wide, warm smile is offered as Callie carefully reviews what else she should tell the pup.

“Okay, so, the plan is, when get close enough, I will give you nod and then that happens, we charge toward the herd. I want you keep level with my hip until I have separated the gazelle we will bring down from the group. At that point, I want you run up beside me and keep pace. Also, stay clear of the hooves and let me bring it down. Any questions?” Caladia’s smile brightens as she looks at Clove, hoping she has overwhelmed her cousin with the information dump.

"Caladia Carpathius"

Clove

The Hallows
Rookery Ranger

Advanced Hunter (100)

Advanced Navigator (105)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Aislyn
11-29-2023, 11:20 AM

This woman was skilled in tracking, and her mother was the lead hunter? Wow, Clove had gotten so lucky! Her tail started to wag faster, smile growing wider. Accompanying her on a proper hunt sounded like a great idea! Clove didn’t exactly know what a gazelle was either, so she could learn about some new prey too! “Yes please!” She said, bouncing on her paws, excited and ready to go.

Following Caladia out towards the plains, Clove practiced her tracking skills. Sniffing at the air, looking at the ground for tracks. Paying attention to how the wind blew, to try and conceal her scent. And once they found the herd, which to Clove looked waaaaaay off in the distance, she stopped beside her teacher. Being instructed to register their scent, Clove did just that- inhaling deeply in her nose, almost tasting the smell of gazelle on her tongue. Repeating this a few times, she wanted to get it down in her memory. “Okay, I think I got it.” She said, looking up at Caladia, waiting for whatever was next.

Caladia provides Clove with her plan, and she does her best to replay it inside her head. Not wanting to miss a step, or mess up on one either. This may have been practice, but Clove still wanted it to go well. "Okay, I will be super sneaky, and will stay close." She says, lowering her voice now, morphing into predator mode. Lowering herself to the ground, using the strength in her limbs. Clove was small enough to totally sink down into the grasses,. Staying beside her teacher, and mimicking her movements. The duo closed in on the gazelle herd successfully. Shifting her eyes to Caladia, she was waiting for the woman to give the signal and initiate the chase.  

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Sniff Sniff Amron's Castle 11:43 AM, 07-31-2023 03:13 PM, 01-21-2024