Expert Hunter (171)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
08-09-2023, 05:02 PM

Ooc: I am definitely awful, and Alexander should have been posted here ages ago but uh, life happened. He is here with the permission of Corbie and I’m going to use a bit of liquid time to say that Gavroche’s death happened and that’s why she never showed back up for him. Alexander is currently clueless of his father’s death and thread is open for any pack members to crash~

-------------------------------------------

It was strange. His mother had brought him to Avalon, intending to come back for him and bring the items to Corbie for trade but she didn’t come as soon as Alex was expecting. Boreas’ summer would give way into fall and still the boy waited, but there was no sign of her arrival. Worry gnawed at him, and he thought about asking Corbie how to get home. He had never traveled too far outside of Ethne, and he was worried about trying to make the trip back on his own. What if he got lost? What if he never found his family?

So he stuck close to Avalon instead, mostly hunting small or medium sized game that the pack could use for food and materials for crafting. That morning though Alexander was on edge, waking with that same, uncomfortable worry about his mother and why she hadn’t returned. He had moved to a den closer to the border of Avalon, hoping to catch a sign of her. But so far nothing… maybe it was just taking longer to get things gathered than she expected? Yeah, that had to be it. Alexander would stretch outside the den and perk his ears forward. He was sure the Avalon wolves had seen him around, but so far he hadn’t spoken to any of them.

…maybe he could change that?

"Alexander"
Alexander has two companions - an American badger and a sharp-shinned hawk. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
08-20-2023, 11:17 AM

Álarr returned the range with a basket of various plant roots. Fall was an excellent time to harvest these treasures but he knew he'd need to get them process into tinctures soon to minimize the risk of insect damage. As he traveled toward his personal storage den he spied the Ethne wolf that had come to live in Avalon for awhile. A brow raised in surprise that the boy was still here but Álarr knew little of the agreement made between Corbie and Ethne's alphess. He assumed the boy was here to learn something other than healing for he hadn't been spoken to about training yet.

Álarr set the basket down. "Hello, Alexander of Ethne, yes?"

Alexander

Loner

Expert Fighter (135)

Expert Hunter (171)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

08-28-2023, 09:51 PM

Alexander mulled over potentially meeting some of Avalon’s members, so caught in his own thoughts that he hadn’t noticed the approach of the monochrome wolf until he heard the basket being set down. Green eyes would shift over to him… an older fellow, but not unkind as he spoke. He seemed to know who he was, not that it would be too surprising when his mother had made the agreement with Corbie and she would have likely let her pack members know. A small smile touches his lips and the yearling gives a nod of confirmation. He couldn’t help but wonder what these wolves might have known about Ethne… but he knew that he had been born here. Did this wolf meet him when he was a child, he wondered?

“I am. I apologize for not coming to introduce myself earlier… I hadn’t expected to be here that long.” His wavering smile betrayed his worry but Alex would shake his head. It was fine, his mother had to just be busy was all. “But that’s alright, just more time to get used to hunting the creatures here in Boreas! Can I ask for your name? What do you do here in Avalon?” Was the other wolf a hunter like himself, or did the older male have different skills that he worked with?

"Speech" 'Thought.'
Alexander has two companions - an American badger and a sharp-shinned hawk. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
09-09-2023, 01:58 PM

Álarr shook his head. "Not to worry, I could've just as easily come and done introductions, though I'm afraid I tend to keep to myself." He'd never really quite gotten the hang of socializing. He could for awhile but his tolerance for it often ran short. Alexander mentioned that he hadn't expected to be in Avalon that long and Álarr couldn't help but wonder about that himself. How long did the alphess of Ethne intend to leave her child here? The young ones grew so quickly. He'd be an adult by the time she returned if this kep tup.

"Certainly, I'm Álarr Imperialis, a healer of Avalon." He set a paw upon the basket where he'd gathered various herbs. "What skills are you looking to sharpen here in Avalon?"

Alexander

Loner

Expert Fighter (135)

Expert Hunter (171)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

10-15-2023, 11:20 PM
The older male wasn’t worried about his lack of introductions, explaining he could have also come to introduce himself but… he tended to keep to himself. Alexander could understand that. Outside of his siblings socializing could feel a bit awkward… unless it was for the sake of hunting. But for those he was close to Alex developed strong emotional attachment. He adored his family, and making his parents smile. As well as pushing his own limits in both the hunt and sparring. He had even considered going after bears and the like, though he was doubtful that they tasted too great. They smelled awful and likely tasted just as bad. But ah well, sometimes beggars can't be choosers. And who knew? Maybe someone actually liked smelly bear meat.

Álarr gave his name and Alex couldn’t help but find amusement in the fact that both of their names started with “Al”. He was a healer though, an art more suited for his father, older sister, and brother Dorian. Shame… Alex shrugged as Álarr asked what skills he was hoping to improve on. “Hunting mainly, and I guess social skills… I’m not really great at getting along with other groups. It’s… weird… but it could be necessary to bring down bigger game… and mom trusts Corbie so… here I am.” He scratched at his ear. Even this conversation was odd, though that wasn’t Álarr’s fault.

“I like fighting too, but mom says I’ve got a talent for hunting.” Hmm… actually… “I know you’re a healer, but you used to hunting at all?”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
10-21-2023, 10:35 AM

Alexander explained he was there to sharpen his hunting skills and also his social skills. Well, Álarr was probably not the best to help with social skills given his tendency to stick to himself but he could help with hunting and fighting. "I hunt when the need calls for it. I am also a skilled fighter, my primary interest just happens to be in healing. If you like we could go hunting. There are many different kind of prey here in the range from prairie chickens to bison. Naturally, a bison would be a bit large for two wolves to tackle and it's out of season for the young." Bison calves were a suitable option if there were any about but they tended to calve in spring and by now the calves were probably good sized and just as dangerous as the adults.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Hey, Hi, Hello! The Range 05:02 PM, 08-09-2023 05:58 AM, 11-05-2023