Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
08-20-2023, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2023, 10:48 PM by Rivin. Edited 1 time in total.)

Rivin was less than pleased. She left the raid in a huff, realizing that she was shit, her skills were… pathetic. Her anger spiked, and even after everything was said and done she was still angry. No doubt their father was going to come at them with that same shade. Disappointments? She had sent her companions away, too irritated to avoid lashing at them. But it wasn’t enough. She didn’t want to wait for their father to address them again. It was time she and Diablo said screw the adults - they were going to take their training into their own paws. The other fighters were likely tending to their wounds, but Rivin was on the hunt for her brother.

She had lurked at the raid long enough to see her brother fail again. That had only made her angrier… knowing Ignis would blame his son, instead of showing them what he wanted, he just bitched about the lack of results. She trailed after his scent. She didn’t care how far she came, or how long it took her to find him. But when Diablo had finally paused and Rivin caught up to him she approached her brother with the look of hellfires in her eyes.

“Diablo!” She called out to him. “Get your ass in gear and follow me. We’re going to that other island, the one that the others don’t try to get to cause the waters are rough. We are going to stay there and train until we are ready to come back and face dad.” Rivin spoke like there wasn’t another option. Her tail lashed back and forth and a growl slipped past her lips.

“They want results without offering instruction, expecting us to do well in a raid when we STILL don’t know shit? Even after last time!? We’re going to surpass them. …and if ANYONE has issues with us losing our fights this time, I’m going to personally give them a piercing!” Her words were heated and venomous, her anger making her skin crawl. She drew in a breath, so angry she was shaking, waiting to see what her brother would say now that her explosive rant had ceased.

"Talk," 'Think.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Diablo

Loner

Expert Fighter (191)

Expert Intellectual (137)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

OverachieverLoserUnderachieverCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
09-08-2023, 02:10 AM

He was pissed. Some stupid-ass winged guy had beat the fuck out of him, and there wasn't much he could do about it. How the hell was he supposed to fight a wolf with wings? He wanted so badly to shred the pretty boy's wings, but he had a feeling that if he tried to go that far, the Armadans would get butthurt and would come after him. He snarled, tail lashing as he kicked the sand. He knew he needed to do some actual training, but his drive and motivation to do so was not really there. Even after their dad's last tongue lashing, Diablo simply didn't care enough. At least...not until Rivin had something to say about it.

He heard her call his name and he paused, turning around to face her as she approached. Ears swiveled to her words, gaze narrowing as she finished. "What? You think dad'll give a fuck if we do better? Have you seen the way he looks at us? Or rather...at me?" He huffed, the red mohawk upon his back bristling more as he felt that anger rising. "You're lucky you at least win some of your fights." He scoffed. He wasn't mad at her for that, no. Just pissed that he had nothing but humiliation and embarrassment to show for his.

"Speak"

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

09-12-2023, 08:40 PM
His words took Rivin aback. She would frown and, after a moment of thought, she shrugged. "He's not treating us fair, Diablo, but I know you're worth more than he says you are. Not like he has helped us with training… and he loses fights too." Rivin sighed. Him pointing out she was lucky for winning some of her fights stung, but Rivin couldn't blame his anger. "Diablo…" Her voice softens. "I want to prove to them that we're better than they say, but moreso I want them to lay off you. It's not fair. And… I hate you're the target." What's this? A sudden heart to heart? Rivin broke away from him before walking a few steps away.

"Diablo… If not for them, let's get better for ourselves." She looked over at him as her ears fell. "I know we haven't always hung out, but you're my brother, you know? If you're hurt I want to tear into the ones doing it… even if it's dad." Rivin lowered her gaze as she said that. It seemed like all Ignis would understand was fighting anyway. It hurt. She was angry, frustrated, and…

"I'm not going to have them belittle my brother. So come on. Let's train together. Besides… I'm sure it was only luck I won that first fight anyway. And my companions." She looked back to him. "What do you say Diablo? You in?"

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Diablo

Loner

Expert Fighter (191)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

09-16-2023, 11:04 PM

His eyes narrowed as she frowned then proceeded to talk. "Since when has he ever cared about fair? He left a bunch to go look for them and it was as if we didn't exist." Granted, Ignis had eventually abandoned his search after a while, but still. Diablo felt resentment toward it. He sat his ass down on the ground as he listened to her, though it didn't help to lessen his anger. Not by much, anyway. He was aware his father did lose some of his fights. And honestly, he couldn't fathom how his dad wasn't bothered by that. Every fight he had himself ended in a loss, and each lost fight made him angrier and angrier until he ended up doing stupid shit and taking it out on others.

"Diablo… If not for them, let's get better for ourselves." His ears perked up a bit and slowly, he let some of his anger go. He shrugged, and remained quiet as she continued. He wanted so badly to yell at her to just go away and leave him alone, that he didn't need anyone's help and that he could do it himself. He didn't need her, or Dad, or Gil, or Aresenn...

But then again...if his brother managed to get to figure himself out, and Rivin was figuring herself out too, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to try. "Fine...you win. What do you have in mind then?"

"Speak"

Diablo has three Doberman companions named Roscoe, DeSoto, & Cujo. Assume they are with him at all times unless otherwise mentioned!
Diablo is a rated M character! He is unpredictable and may become violent with or without cause. Consider this your warning!

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

12-27-2023, 05:51 PM

Rivin had to admit that Diablo was right. Their father hadn’t exactly been the best at being around, but… well that was why what they did for each other mattered! If they couldn’t count on their father, and if Aresenn had set off on his own… then all they had was each other. Well… she could have relied on Jack, but… Rivin frowned. She worried for Diablo. Who did he have at the end of the day besides her? But would he even believe that she wanted to help him? Or would she think that she was just showing pity? Rivin frowned, expecting him to lash out, but instead he relented and Rivin gave a nod. “Other predators, for a start. With the two of us we should be able to take on big cats, or bears if we go to the mainland. Hell, I’ve seen some gators here we could take out too. We build our strength and refine our attack strategies. Spar each other. Then move onto others.” She would motion with her head. “There’s a pool on black island that one of those gators live in. Let's start there.” Without waiting for an answer Rivin set off across the sand. She’d meet him there if he didn’t get going.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Diablo

Loner

Expert Fighter (191)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

02-15-2024, 08:04 PM

Well, she certainly had a lot to say. While he usually didn't give a damn about shit, Rivin was really trying to put in some effort here for him...though he still didn't understand why, really. He was a jerk flat out, and he highly doubted that was going to change anytime soon, if at all. But when she mentioned starting with actually fighting things, he was all in. Of course, he had to act like it was of no interest to him for a bit. Can't seem too excited, right? He watched her and listened, seemingly appearing bored and uninterested about the idea. But...a tiny part of him couldn't exactly leave her hanging. After all, she was here, trying to help him. Trying to help each other. No harm in that, right? "Alright...you've got me." He stood up, shaking the sand off his behind, but she was already moving. "Hey! Wait up!" Honestly, fighting a crocodile sounded fun...hopefully it would go smoother than the time he was ambushed by that big ass anaconda!

"Speech"
Diablo has three Doberman companions named Roscoe, DeSoto, & Cujo. Assume they are with him at all times unless otherwise mentioned!
Diablo is a rated M character! He is unpredictable and may become violent with or without cause. Consider this your warning!

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

04-10-2024, 10:04 AM

Rivin let Diablo catch up, at least slowed enough that he could, but kept up her pace to the water. The waves were a bitch, tossing her about as she made her way across to the different islands. At last she and Diablo had pulled themselves up onto Black Island… This island was the hardest of them to get to, and for good reason. She gave a cocky grin as she glanced back at her brother. “Hope you’re ready to get down and dirty, bro!” And like a shot she was off again, darting through the territory as she made her way to the mentioned pool.

The water was murky, the sandy soil that made up the bottom of the pool causing it to be murky. But you could see several of the fuckers just poked out of the water… and one that was sunning itself on the beach. Rivin slowed as she laid eyes on it, gaze slipping to Diabo. “Keep away from the water and go for the one on land. They’ll fuck things up that get in there.” She warned. “You want first go, or you want me to lead off?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Diablo

Loner

Expert Fighter (191)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

04-16-2024, 06:08 PM

He followed her into the rough waters, realizing he wasn't exactly a strong swimmer as the water threatened to take him under and toss him about. But luckily, the pair had made it to Black Island without anything bad happening to them. As he reached the sand, he shook the water from his body while Rivin spoke. He offered a mischievous grin, "I'm already ready!" He playfully (shocker, right?) shot back. But like before, she shot off without warning and he was forced to follow after her at a hurried pace, their paws eating away at the ground as she led them to the place she was talking about. He had never fought a gator before, didn't know if she had, but he trusted her to know what she was doing...hopefully.

As they arrived to the location, he slowed down, fur bristling a bit as he smelled the strange creatures poking out of the murky water. He was...unsure...but he couldn't let Rivin see that. Looking around, one of the beasts was sunning itself, but he couldn't tell if it was awake or sleeping? She explained that he should keep away from the water, what would happen to things that got into their domain. He nodded in understanding as she directed attention to the one on shore, asking if he wanted to go first or not. "Uh, you take the lead...I've never fought one of these before." He wanted to see how she approached it, first.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. We're going to fight the world or we're dying trying Dove Island Archipelago 10:47 PM, 08-20-2023 04:45 PM, 05-12-2024
2. We're going to fight the world or we're dying trying IC Archives 04:45 PM, 05-12-2024 05:21 AM, 11-16-2023
3. We're going to fight the world or we're dying trying Dove Island Archipelago 05:21 AM, 11-16-2023 06:18 AM, 11-05-2023