take it all back a little closer than I needed

pack only / open

Rawhide

gems
size
build
player
11-16-2023, 12:56 AM
The sun is going down and Rawhide hunkers down on herself, her ears flicking back and pinning against her head. The chimeric girl scratches under her chin, shivering at the feeling of an itch being satisfied. What a good feeling...

She sneezes, then.

Rawhide gets up, all chubby puppy body and big feet that promise she's going to be a big girl when she's older, and yips up at the sky, watching colors spread across the clouds. Her teeth chatter and she tries to hop up on her back legs to try and catch a cloud.

Of course, all Rawhide does is bowl over.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Bunni

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
11-16-2023, 05:00 AM

Puppies. He knew they were coming. Had seen Medusa plump and rather unkempt. It hadn't been a great look on her, but he kept his opinions to himself. Once they arrived, Ghoul kept his distance until she unleashed them to the world. No sense in butting in where he didn't belong.

Until, as he's on his way back with several hares strung over his back, he sees one of them flopping over into the grass. A brow raises momentarily, a sigh releases from his lips, before he's heading in the pup's direction. "Do I dare ask what you are trying to do?" He questions, the gravelly tones obvious as he comes to sit beside the chimeric girl.

Warning: If anyone dares to fuck with Cricket, their pups, or Macabre, you will be answering to him.

Rawhide

gems
size
build
player
11-16-2023, 05:59 AM
She stares up at the sky, oversized puppy feet pedaling in the air before she manages to roll herself over. She's got a bit of pudge to her, and she will until she gets bigger, broader, stronger. But for now... she's just... a chunky skeleton.

Rawhide stares at Ghoul as he gets close to her. Her ears swivel forward and wriggle. He's big! Wow, he's big. He's broad, too! Rawhide's ears perk forward and she cannot help herself. In her later months, she will grow more reclusive, more paranoid -- but here, now, the girl is just... curious about the large stranger. And his tail! Rawhide blinks and then speaks, careful. "I was... tryin' to reach up --" And she gestures with her paws. "Up! Up." Those eyes, so bright. "A-wanna get the fluffy clouds!"

But she has more important curiosities, and so the pup gestures with her paws again. "Will ... will my tail get like that when I'm d'older?" She's not so good at speaking, yet. Her voice is a bit squeaky, of course, and it's higher than it will be when she's older, and -- "I like d'at tail, mista!" He smells like Pack and Food and so, Rawhide has decided, he is Safe. Ghoul is quietly, promptly, filed away into a chamber of her mind: safe. It doesn't mean much now. But it will, and the girl has no idea.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Bunni

OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
11-16-2023, 06:10 AM
Does he... entertain the child? As she wriggles and rolls around in front of him, claiming that she wanted to reach the clouds. His eyes turn upward, his brows raising more, he has to hold back his laugh. Ah, puppies were funny. "We cannot get up that far," Ghoul replies plainly, that humor lingering in his tone as he looks back down at the girl who stares back at him.

Honestly, it would be a little creepy, but he is used to... creepy. His brother was creepy. Medusa was creepy. Her other litter was equally creepy. So the wide eyes of the pup staring at him from the ground didn't deter him or throw him off balance. Instead, he slides his front paws to the ground until his elbows are digging into the dirt.

When she asks about his tail, he glances back at the fluffy deer-like tail that he wiggles a few times to maybe get a laugh out of her. "Ah, probably not," he begins, his ruby stare slowly turning back to her as he leans closer to her. "My brother and I made a deal with a demon to get a tail like this," Ghoul lowers his voice to a raspy whisper as a devious smirk curls the edge of his lips.

Warning: If anyone dares to fuck with Cricket, their pups, or Macabre, you will be answering to him.

Rawhide

gems
size
build
player
11-16-2023, 07:45 PM
Rawhide was told she could not reach so high, and she squinted at Ghoul, then looked back up. "No'even if you t'row me?" she frowns, but shakes her head.

If he says so, it's gotta be true. That's how adults work. Medusa is an adult!

When Ghoul wiggles his tail, Rawhide laughs-- soft and bubbly-- before swatting at it. But then he talks about a deal with the devil and Rawhide looks at him with huge, wide eyes, her ears forward and her little body shaking.

"A demon!?" She gasps. Touches her nose to his-- or tries to. "You're so cool! Tell me about d'demon!"

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Bunni

11-29-2023, 09:57 AM
Rawhide's reaction is humorous to him. Ghoul lets out a rumbling chuckle as she giggles and reaches up to touch her nose to his. Staring back at her eyes with his own, he pushes back lightly. "Yes, a demon," Ghoul begins as he pulls back and moves to slide down into a laying position so that he was more eye level with the pup. Clearing his throat and tilting his chin upward before he began his story, he looks at the girl with a smirk to see if she is paying attention.

"Now, this demon is the nastiest of demons all around," he begins with a slight raise of his brows. "The demon is not physical of any sort. Rather, he is made up of merely a cloak and millions of fireflies. Do you know what those are?" Ghoul poses the question knowing she won't know what a firefly is yet. "They are small bugs that glow and though they appear nice and fun, they are not," he warns her as his smirk grows. "When I was a pup, my brother and I met this demon. He was very tall and scary-looking, but at the time, he was nice. My brother and I had found some crystals and mushrooms. With those, we were able to convince him to trade what we found for some cool things like my tail and my brother's glowing eyes," Ghoul pauses again for dramatic effect. Had she come across Mac yet and witnessed the eerie glow of his brother's eyes?

"The demon may sound nice, but last autumn, before you were born, my brother and I were not so nice to him. We disrespected his altar and tried to steal the fireflies. In return, the demon broke all of my legs," Ghoul tilts his chin down to stare at Rawhide with wide horrified eyes. Of course, he would leave the gruesome details of his brother's conditions out for now... Surely not something he should be teaching a pup. "I was spared my life and thanks to your mother, I was able to survive," he ends his story with a smile and boop of his nose atop her head.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. take it all back a little closer than I needed Dancefloor of the Gods 12:56 AM, 11-16-2023 05:55 PM, 01-29-2024