An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
10-13-2023, 01:21 PM
Swimming wasn't really one of her favorite things - in fact, to be totally honest, she kind of fucking hated it - but she'd gotten talked into joining Raider's Hollow before she realized she'd be doing a whole lot of swimming now. Sure, she could just stay on the islands if she wanted to, but staying put wasn't her style. And it wasn't like she was going to back down now just because of a little water, but that didn't mean she was totally thrilled about it. Deciding to give herself a few days to dry off before she fully got into the swing of things again, Kaija took to wandering around the Isle without a real goal in mind.

She'd yet to really meet any of her packmates, but she'd just gotten here, so she supposed that was expected. Maybe today was the day for that to change? Huffing as she veered toward the shoreline, the tusked woman let her eyes wander over the horizon. The sand beneath her toes was pleasantly warm for winter, thanks to the mid afternoon sun beating down on the beach, though Kaija had no complaints. She'd spent so long in the north that being in a different climate was a welcome change now.

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
11-13-2023, 07:51 PM

Ooc: Set before Halloween event thread.

-------------------------------------------------

Winter was a pain in the ass. It wasn’t so much the cold, however, as she had figured out how to make a fire after observing her packmates. But when it came to gathering herbs her only option was to travel down to Auster and while she had managed to snag Scald for one trip, she felt like she hadn’t gathered near enough herbs to get them through the rest of the winter AND harvest seeds from so that she could work on a garden when spring came. But ah well, crying over it did no good. And there were still things she could focus on in the meantime. She had training to tend to, both in healing wounds, prepping salves, and keeping her fighting skills up. As well as reaching out to her father and brother… the former she was still uncertain about going to see.

The day found Rivin walking the beach of the isle. The sand was pleasantly warm for winter, and for that the red streaked woman was grateful. Her gaze was focused on the waves as she walked, mind trailing back to Obsidian Beach. Things had changed so much since those days. The wolf she was now wasn’t the one she was back then. And maybe that was a good thing. If not, it was up to her to change it, wasn’t it? No one else could do it for her.

Rivin’s gaze shifted ahead as a scent hit her nose. Another wolf, one bearing the pack scent but one she didn’t recognize, was heading in this direction. A new recruit, perhaps? Hmm… Well, she supposed it wouldn’t hurt to introduce herself. Rivin picked up the pace, heading for the tusked femme.

“You’re a new face around here. I’m Rivin, one of the healers of the pack. You going to be one of our raiders?”

"Speech"

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Kaija

Obscura
Prisoner

Expert Navigator (200)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
11-21-2023, 10:05 AM
Well hot damn. Was that a wolf with antlers? Kaija nearly halted in her tracks, paws dragging through the cool sand. She was pretty sure seeing a wolf with antlers was a first for her, but she wasn't really the type to stare and gawk, not really. She remembered clearly just how fucking annoying that had been when she was young, everyone staring at her tusks and asking if they were teeth or horns or something else. Annoying. Anyway, she was a nice woman to look at, even with her antlers. Kaija let her eyes rove briefly over her form, deciding she quite liked her red markings in particular.

"Yep, I'm pretty new," Kaija confirmed with a friendly enough grin. She hadn't gotten to know too many wolves yet within the pack and the one kid she'd met had been a little shit, so she was pleased with the prospect of better company. "Name's Kaija Jarvela. And you betcha," she answered. Truthfully she was eager to get raiding, to get some blood flowing. The target of their attacks - or even what they might gain - didn't really matter to her. "Can't wait to get started, if I'm being honest." It'd been awhile since she had a good fight, and she was antsy to get back into it. "You a raider too? Or do you just focus on patching up the dumbasses who get themselves hurt?" She cracked a grin at the thought, knowing Rivin would probably be a good ally to have in the future, especially when it came to raiding.

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
12-27-2023, 06:00 PM

Good, it was about time the Raiders got some fresh blood outside of just reproducing. Kaija Jarvela, a name that she’d commit to memory. Another raider. Perfect. Rivin grinned at her enthusiasm. “Both, actually. I like to think that by knowing how to fix wounds, I know how to hit my enemies where they hurt too.” She had done pretty well in the last raid, though she had been trying very hard for Calico Jack’s sake. She wanted the first raid he had led to be a successful one, and it had been. “I’m sure we’ll be going for one in the warmer seasons. Give us time to get through the winter and make sure everyone is in top shape.” Rivin swished her tail thoughtfully.

“In the meantime though, we can always see if another predator has been dumb enough to try and invade the isle. I’ve seen gators and massive snakes on the islands around here, though we’ve been pretty on top of making sure nothing is lingering in the brush around here.” Didn’t need something getting ahold of the pups. “...and if we can’t find anything, we can always have a bit of fun on our own. If you impress me, maybe I’ll patch you up afterward.” She was teasing about the last part of course, but who could resist a good challenge?

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. wildflower Daager Isle 01:21 PM, 10-13-2023 07:52 PM, 03-18-2024