size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Teegan

Student
12-31-2023, 02:22 PM
Ely had heard stories of wolves wielding weapons and armor long before she came to join her cousin in his quest to raise his empire. But she’d never once seen it for herself. But as she had time on her hands, she wondered if it was true, and if she herself could make these things. Especially because it could be a helpful way to prove her worth to Sephrian.

She wanted to ask one particular person if he had any knowledge on these topics, and to see if he would be willing to share it with her if he did. Hell, she might even attempt to sucker him into helping her learn how to make weapons and armor so they could make their bandmates even more formidable. And so she threw her head back and called for Aresenn.

If anyone might know about it, it would be the man of fire. He seemed to know a great deal about battle strategy already. So it was obvious that he was the best person to ask about it.

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
12-31-2023, 06:13 PM

Days had passed since the clash with the polar bear, and the taiga had settled into a quieter rhythm. Aresenn found himself near the outskirts of their territory, the towering pines casting long shadows in the fading light. The scent of pine lingered in the crisp air, a reminder of the recent battle that had unfolded in this wilderness.

As Aresenn took in the serene surroundings, Elysia's approach caught his attention. Her eyes held a determined gleam, a curiosity that sought knowledge beyond the primal instincts that had guided their recent victory. She spoke of tales featuring wolves wielding weapons and armor, and the notion lingered in the air like the scent of pine.

"Elysia," Aresenn acknowledged with a nod, meeting her gaze. Her inquiry about crafting these tools hinted at a desire to enhance their bandmates' capabilities. A subtle smile played on Aresenn's lips. "Crafting weapons and armor requires skill, but it's a valuable endeavor. I've dabbled a bit. What's on your mind?" The aftermath of their recent triumph seemed to have opened a gateway to exploration, and Aresenn stood ready to share his knowledge with his bandmate. The taiga's tranquility framed the conversation, a moment of quiet potential in the wake of the recent battle.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Ely

The Syndicate
Effendi- Muqatil

Expert Intellectual (155)

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Teegan

Student
01-25-2024, 06:16 PM
"I want to learn to make these things, i feel like it will help our band level the playing field in future battles if we can learn to wear and utilize them in battle now, especially training to fight in them and against them" She didn't waste any time trying to beat around the bush with him, no she wanted to dive right in to this topic. And with Aresenn, it was perfect as he was running their fight trainings. And apparently, he had some small amount of expertise with this, which only made her more positive in herself for thinking he was the proper person to talk to about this idea of hers.

"I was hoping you would have some knowledge on the matter, to point me in the proper direction. Even if that means lesson to further train myself for this" She squared her shoulders. She wasn't above hard work and dedication. This was her idea to help contribute to the strength of her family. And she'd Glady pour her sweat, blood and time into it if aresenn thought it was worth it.

Sitting before her bandmate she waited for his response, or well anything really that would tell her if this visit would be useful to her plans.
"Ely & Ezekiel"

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
03-02-2024, 09:33 AM
Aresenn listened intently to Elysia's words, impressed by her determination and foresight. Her desire to learn the craft of weapon and armor making resonated with his own belief in the importance of preparation and strategy. "Your initiative is commendable," Aresenn began, his voice low and stoic, but genuine in a sense. "Crafting weapons and armor is certainly a valuable skill- albeit a complex one, one that can greatly benefit the group. While I’m not an expert on the matter by any means, I can certainly point you in the right direction."

He paused for a moment, considering the best approach. "To start, we can explore the basics of weapon and armor construction. Understanding the materials and techniques involved is crucial. Then, we can delve into practical training." Aresenn nodded with his words, his gaze shifting to the surrounding forest as he began to describe the different materials used in crafting weapons and armor. "For weapons, the choice of material often depends on the intended use and desired characteristics. Common materials include various metals such as iron, steel, and bronze- all of which is difficult to come by. Iron is sturdy and relatively easy to work with, making it a popular choice for more blunt objects. Steel, on the other hand, is harder and more durable, making it suitable for weapons that require a sharp edge, like knives or swords. Bronze, while seemingly less common, is used for its strength and resistance to corrosion." In his previous life as a raiding pirate, he had seen a vast array of different weapons. Though they were mostly just stolen rather than made.

"As for armor, materials like leather and plate are commonly used. Leather provides flexibility and protection against cuts and abrasions, making it suitable for lighter armor pieces such as chest pieces or bracers- it’s also fairly easy to make all things considered. Plate armor, made of metal plates, provides the highest level of protection but can be heavy and restrict movement, so it's often used for chest plates or helmets." Aresenn paused, allowing Elysia to absorb the information before continuing. "Understanding the properties of these materials and how they can be manipulated is key to crafting effective weapons and armor … Practical training will involve working with these materials, shaping them, and understanding their strengths and weaknesses.” He allowed his voice to trail off, searching her expression for any sign of understanding before moving on.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Ely

The Syndicate
Effendi- Muqatil

Expert Intellectual (155)

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Teegan

Student
03-10-2024, 08:58 PM

Elysia almost laughed when Aresenn called her initiative commendable. Because it wasn’t really. She was a saxe, and her name alone gave her some status but not much. She had to make herself useful to prove she was more than just a girl carrying the same last name as Sephrian. She had to prove she could help him build his empire. ”Barely. I can’t succeed on my name alone. This is just a way to prove to my cousin I’m worth keeping around, keeping me alive. Nothing more” she shrugged. She was raised for this. It wasn’t a shock to her that she’d have to prove herself, it’s all she’d ever done since the day her mother birthed her into this world, into this family.

She sat down listening to him attentively. Even if all he could teach her was the basics, I was a start. And she needed to perfect the basics before she could even begin to work on anything else. This was the step in the correct direction.

She nodded her agreement. First lesson would be theory. Something she was quite used to in Aresenn’s lessons. And she respected him for it. He wasn’t a sink or swim kind of teacher, not like her mother. He wanted those he taught to succeed. It was strange to think about how it could be that way. When all she’d ever known was her mothers way.

“How would one go about finding such materials? And identifying them? Because where I was raised this wasn’t something we were taught to do” she asks genuinely. She didn’t feel ashamed to admit such things to him. She didn’t feel like he’d judge her for her lack of experience on the subject.

As the subject shifted to armor she drank in everything he said and when he paused she spoke up again. “And how would one get their hands on some leather? Is it something I’d have to find or could I harvest it like with the pelts Absinth taught me to harvest?” She tilted her head.

“Would you be willing to come with me occasionally in search of these materials so that you can further teach me?” She asked.

"Ely & Ezekiel"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I Gotta recognize the weapon in my mind The Polar Sound 02:22 PM, 12-31-2023 06:06 AM, 03-23-2024