Intermediate Fighter (45)

Expert Intellectual (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
12-28-2023, 10:02 PM

Sol and Khonsu moved through the forest with a purpose, moving smoothly between trees and over underbrush - in search of something specific, someone specific. It couldn't be that difficult to track Absinthe down, her striking figure and distinct presence seemed impossible to miss. When they did finally catch her scent, she was alone; providing the perfect opportunity for what they had in mind.

They paused for a moment, gathering their thoughts and steeling themselves for the interaction. Absinth was still a stranger to them, but as far as the twins could tell, the woman had quite the fiery spirit.  

"Absinthe, may we have a moment?" Sol's voice was gentle, hesitant. Together, they sought her gaze, heads bowing slightly in respect. "We were hoping you might be able to spare some time for a lesson, one that's more... uh, physical, in nature." Khonsu paused, mulling over a way to elaborate that wouldn't come off as offensive to her nor to Aresenn. "Theory was fine, but it's difficult to learn well without the ability to practice with tooth and claw."

They waited, patient, ready to accept whatever response she might give. It was not just a request for training; the twins still held out hope that by working hard and proving their worth, they might be able to gain some semblance of respect in the Saxe's eyes. It was possible that their request would be denied entirely - after all, who wanted to arm a servant? - though it was a risk the twins were prepared to take.

Sol & Khonsu

Sol & Khonsu are RP'd as two individuals, although OOCly they are considered one character.
Their speech will be color coordinated to their eye colors (Sol & Khonsu) to designate the speaker.

They each have a crested caracara companion, and share a marmoset companion.
Unless otherwise stated you can assume their companions are somewhere close by.

Yarrabelle, as their mistress, may enter any of their threads.

They are never seen without their hourglass necklace, assume it is always present hanging below their necks.

DM me if you want to plot with them!

+ They do have a rather comprehensive backstory / religion in their profile, and I'm happy to allow anyone who's interested to jump in and make characters from their home land / family / religion.

Absinth

"I'll be a good Girl in Hell"

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

Master Intellectual (375)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
Double MasterWordyStudentBest BudsHomebodyRapid Poster - Rainbow
12-31-2023, 05:25 AM

Absinth was mulling about the Sound, her senses on alert for something; which was usually a polar bear. Damned things loved to find her and ruin her day, but also cast a good chunk of excitement into it. Today it appeared that she was not to be accosted by a beast, but rather something far stranger. The two headed wolf, she believed, was named… Sol and Khonsu. Yarrabelle’s unusual little pet. Ah, but what was this? It beckoned her attention, a respectful bow of its head left her lips spreading in amusement.

Physical?She toyed with him, offering a suggestive quirk of her brow even while understanding the meaning behind his mention of a lesson. It seemed that theory was not sufficient, and she was well in agreement. Absinth moved to draw closer to the man- men. Her emerald gaze intensely locking with whichever head met it, and she smiled. “Who would refuse a request from the likes of you? But… I have questions.” The woman spoke with a rugged tone of voice, stepping around the wolf as she appraised his odd appearance— and the necklace dangling against his chest.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 
Absi is a mature character. She's very vulgar and volatile. Discretion advised.

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
12-31-2023, 06:54 PM

As Absinth circled them with a predator’s casual curiosity (and a hint of something more) Sol receded, his presence dimming as Khonsu took the forefront. Khonsu's head lifted a fraction higher in turn, confident amidst the scrutiny. His eyes, sharp and attentive, followed her movement, not missing the suggestive quirk of her brow or the rugged tone of her voice. They remained still, allowing her the space to observe as she pleased.

As she voiced her interest in posing questions, Khonsu's posture subtly adjusted. His head tilted, a gesture of apparent curiosity, yet his gaze carried a hint of wariness. He nodded slowly, acknowledging her right to inquire. The twins were accustomed to scrutiny and questions, the mixed fascination and apprehension they often elicited. While Absinth's focused attention was not much different - and even might feel somewhat validating - they were ever mindful of the delicate line they trod as Sidi. It was a balance between accommodating interest, yet maintaining the dignity of their position. "As you wish." Khonsu replied, a faint, wry smile touching his features. "We're all ears — four to be exact."

Sol & Khonsu

Sol & Khonsu are RP'd as two individuals, although OOCly they are considered one character.
Their speech will be color coordinated to their eye colors (Sol & Khonsu) to designate the speaker.

They are never seen without their hourglass necklace, assume it is always present hanging below their necks.

+ They do have a rather comprehensive backstory / religion in their profile, and I'm happy to allow anyone who's interested to jump in and make characters from their home land / family / religion.

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
12-31-2023, 09:07 PM
Absinth enjoyed the look she got from the braver of the two men, relishing as he met her gaze. Such a stark contrast between them, and she dared to wonder if she could be privy to the circumstances that made such a contradictory being. She had gained his curiosity at her demand, with a tilt of one of his odd heads —  and a slow nod that ultimately gave her the go ahead to begin her line of questioning. And so she did, with an eager grin.

”What was it like growing up? She asked, her attention focused solely on him. Her voice was its usual firm yet feminine tone, eyes beckoning him to divulge his truth. She wagered it couldn’t have been easy, that it must have brought them great misfortune- which was why she asked. She was no stranger to the cruelty of life, but she had been born within the normal limits of physicality. They had not been. Her question was genuine and while a bit blunt, she was committed to listening if they were able to share.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
01-01-2024, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 09:02 AM by Sol + Khonsu. Edited 1 time in total.)

Absinth's keen gaze, unwavering and intense, pinned Khonsu in place more effectively than any physical restraint. The subtle lift of her brow, the slight tilt of her head.. did she truly wish to hear the answer? Was it morbid curiosity, interest, or manipulation? Khonsu felt the weight of her attention and for a brief moment, a flicker of vulnerability crossed his features - a rare crack in the façade of guarded stoicism he usually presented.

"It was... challenging." Khonsu began, hesitant, a slight tension visible in the set of his shoulders. "...In our home, Cinere, we were an abomination. A spectacle to be corrected or hidden away. Every day was a fight for recognition, for the slightest shred of dignity." His tone was measured but beneath the surface lay a roiling sea of anger and defiance.  "We were given a name to share, expected to act as one when we have always been two. Sol... -" He glanced towards his brother, his expression softening.  "- was denied everything; voice, identity, even basic sustenance, all in the name of maintaining a lie."

Khonsu's gaze then returned to the woman.  "But despite it all, we are here. We've survived, and we've found a semblance of freedom to be who we are, even if it is under the title of Sidi." He offered a smile, faint and tinged with sorrow.  "And now we wish to grow strong. Not just to serve, but to ensure that never again will either of us be reduced to less than we are."

Giving Sol a gentle nudge with his nose, he encouraged his brother to lift his head and engage with the present. Recalling their past was a painful, but Khonsu recognized the necessity of sharing a part of their story. If only to foster understanding in their new 'home'. He'd revealed just enough to convey their past without fully delving into the depths of their suffering; obeying Absinthe while attempting still to protect himself and his brother. In a world where information could easily become a tool for manipulation, especially when divulged to someone with power, discretion was key.

Sol & Khonsu

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

01-04-2024, 05:23 PM
It was to her great interest when the stronger of the pair immediately changed demeanors, appearing as though she had exposed a very sensitive topic he had not fully guarded against. It was a small lapse in his cold exterior, and one she was hoping to pry into as he began his story. Their story.

Challenging. Of course it had to have been. Abomination? Absinth hadn’t thought so herself, but apparently the wolves of that so called Cinere had other thoughts of the pair. They were stripped of dignity, shunned, and forced into what seemed like corrective behaviors. What? For a deformity? Khonsu appeared to grow more and more angry as he told her of their youth. His gaze only softened only to offer sweet Sol a reassuring look, then he told of how much the quieter twin had suffered. What was this, some sort of superstition? Religion? They and the fools of Cinere should praise whatever god they believed in for allowing them to live past puppyhood, rather than treat them so horribly. Wasn’t that a true testament to faith? Something other fanatics would worship? A miracle. Absinth didn’t understand the negative thinking, but she didn’t believe in gods anyways. As she retained her focus on them both, recognizing the bond they so obviously had, she held her mouth shut out of respect for their tale.

Absinth returned their smile, though hers twitched at its seams. What a chord they had struck with her. Though she had not grown so fully antagonized as they, she completely understood suffering. She had survived, chosen her own path which was freedom to her, and would stop at nothing to grow ever stronger. Absinth felt fire burning within her chest, that defiance to never be nothing ever again. The story had finished, and while Khonsu comforted Sol, the monochromatic woman sighed. Then spoke. “You certainly have survived. Much stronger already than some. There are those who start at the top, never experiencing hardship. And there are others who…” She paused, smirking to herself in light of the honesty she was dispensing to them both. “Well, We claw our way up.” She said the words purposefully, shedding a touch of light on who she was and why she was here in return. They were in entirely different positions, and that was simply because she'd allowed herself to grow into a malicious creature that could join the monsters they now bedded with.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
01-07-2024, 05:09 AM

The shift in Absinth's expression and the twitch of her smile caught Khonsu's attention. He felt a flicker of surprise, his head tilting almost imperceptibly as he considered the meaning of her words. The notion that she, too, had clawed her way up from adversity... well, it challenged his initial impression of her. He had assumed her strength and status were given, perhaps born into, not earned through trials, pain, or suffering.

Sol found his voice then, his expression a mix of curiosity and hesitance. "Are you a Saxe, Absinth?" He asked gently. The question was tentative. He did not want to overstep, yet could not contain his earnest interest. The need to piece together the story she had hinted at.

The twins remained still, ready to listen but prepared to retreat if they had asked too much. They recognized the privilege of receiving any response at all, understanding that their position did not entitle them to the personal histories of others - especially not those who held power over them. Yet, the shared moment of vulnerability, the brief insight into Absinth's past struggles... it had sparked some strange connection. One the twins hoped they could explore. Worst case, they could always backpedal and remind her of the spar they sought. If anything, it might give the woman an outlet if they'd offended her.

Sol & Khonsu

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

01-08-2024, 01:39 AM

Absinth was a careful listener, her sharp gaze giving them full access to the depth of her resonance with them. She almost laughed at their question of her heritage. “I am not a Saxe. I am Absinth Inferos,” Her voice that enunciated her surname cut like a blade through the tension, a mixture of even tones and softness as she answered Sol directly. She sought to reassure him. Absinth had known herself to grow irritated with the meek and weak-hearted, but there was the obvious conflict of their shared body having differentiated personas. Khonsu was far more assertive than Soul, who appeared almost… childlike? And Absinth wasn’t in the market for treating children badly anyways. A courtesy she had not been allowed in her puppy days. The thought of it made her follow up with a piece of her own past. “Im a child of a whore, born in the slums of my homeland. I joined the Saxe ranks to grow stronger. A purpose for being — something like that I suppose.” Her response was a femininely rugged thing, eyes cast upon the twins with a dominating intensity. Her gaze roved over their body, briefly inspecting for evidence of their hardships, before she rumbled out her next sentence. “You see, I refuse to be weak ever again.” She said with conviction, scanning their expressions with invested interest as she drew ever closer to the pair, inky lips twisting into a very playful smirk. It verged on flirtatious. “Not the most honorable affiliation, I’m well aware. But the saying goes; Better the devil you know. I don’t particularly have a heart of gold either. Sometimes the suffering has a way of working its way into your soul, and corrupting you.”  Her eyes captured both of theirs in turns, and again Absinth’s lips curved into a delightful smile. Her eyes peeking up at them through half lidded emerald orbs, She attempted to raise a careful paw up to the space between their conjoined necks, gently tracing there — back and forth if allowed.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
01-09-2024, 04:48 PM

Sol's reaction to Absinth's blunt reveal was immediate; ears slicking back against his head, eyes widening in a mix of empathy and shock. The word whore struck a chord, not just for its harshness but for the raw honesty it conveyed. "I... I'm sorry, Absinth. I didn't mean to..." Sol stammered. He seemed momentarily at a loss, his jaw tensing as he fought over the words, wishing he could retract the question that had prompted such personal disclosure. His gaze flickered away, ashamed to be caught prying.

Khonsu, more composed, focused instead on her decision to join the Saxe ranks. The notion of someone who had faced such adversity willingly aligning with the very forces that perpetuated suffering was a concept he could not even begin to understand. His expression was guarded, a thoughtful frown etching his features as he considered the choices the woman had made. Could they too, find their souls corrupted? The thought was unsettling.

As Absinth reached out to trace the space between their conjoined necks, their breathing hitched and both brothers grew very still, enveloped by the palpable tension. They were caught in a web of conflicting emotions - the awareness of their status as Sidi against the allure of her strength and the seductive promise of power she represented. They wanted to resist, to assert some semblance of control in a world where they had little, but the temptation to yield...

"Such strength is... compelling." Khonsu broke the charged silence carefully, his words measured and deliberate. "We aspire for that too - to never be vulnerable again." The bolder twin paused, his throat working as he swallowed. When he spoke again, his voice was lower and edged with a question unspoken. "At least, to be as strong as we're allowed to be. We're still navigating... what's permissible, what's expected... under Yarrabelle's guidance."

His gaze held Absinth's - searching, conveying the depth of his uncertainty and curiosity. The pause he'd taken was laden with meaning, an attempt to get across their current dilemma with subtlety, and an invitation for insight. A careful request for guidance on how one within the boundaries of Sidi should behave. Would Yarra be angered by this woman's paw upon what belonged to her? Or would she expect them to reciprocate, to serve?

Sol & Khonsu

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

01-13-2024, 12:17 AM
Absinth's eyes, though revealing nothing, absorbed every nuance of Sol and Khonsu's reactions. The weight of her gaze lingering as she saw surprise and shame wash over the more timid twin. Sol stumbled over his words, and Absinth's gaze softened slightly. "No need for apologies, Sol. Truth has a way of slipping through the cracks, doesn't it? At least it does for me." Her voice, smooth and unwavering, and held some semblance of understanding as she moved onto Khonsu’s frowning face and studied it. The word ‘whore’ still hung in the air, acknowledged by all parties but not dwelled upon. Absinth had long since, if she ever had, cast aside her feelings for her mother. The woman had been nothing motherly at all, just another whore. Another addict, another alcoholic willing to sell their children for their own benefit.

At Khonsu's words, Absinth's expression remained an elusive thing to read. The comparison of strength and vulnerability battled in their gaze, a dance that mirrored the plight of the Sidi and Saxes. They had grown with morality, with… more honor than she, most likely. They could not understand her choices. Though at least they did not spit venom at her like that tart Aurelia had. A faint, almost knowing smile played at the corners of Absinth's lips, a response that was neither approval nor reproach for their search for insight. "Strength is a double-edged blade. Whether you choose the more moral path or not. And at the end of the day… There is always someone who thinks you are a villain, or a hero.” She quirked a brow, huffing through her nose at the absurdity of opinion. “The labels and all — not something I fancy very much. Too complicated, and life is all about those little complexities." Absinth mused, her paw retracted from them, tracing patterns in the air to provide a visual. Eyes flashing to the conjoined space between them, insinuating they are one of those complexities with a smile.

Absinth giggled, her laughter laced with amusement and a roguish quality. She likes teasing them, but she wasn’t about to play master and servant with them, even temporarily. Dropping her coy smile, Absinth regards them carefully. "It requires finesse, an… artful hand." A pause, heavy with unspoken implications, lingered in the air as she kept her gaze fixed on the two men. Khonsu's invitation for guidance was met with a cryptic response, the only one she could give. "I know Yarrabelle as a brutal woman, lovely and fixated on vices. Her expectations are reliant upon the gratification she gets. As are most of the Saxe’s. Hedonists, all of them.  So. Adaptation is key, so is playing the games that keep you alive." Absinth's eyes, now fixed on Khonsu's, conveying a silent acknowledgment of the brothers' predicament. Her resonance with it. The fact that he needed her next words the most, to get him and Sol through it all. "To be strong within the confines of your rank is to know when to submit and when to assert, you can only learn that firsthand.” She peered up at them, trying to gauge whether or not they were absorbing her words. “Give them loyalty, but self-preserve, always. Aspire for more, but know missteps will have consequences – you must learn from those as well. Speaking from past experience – though not as a Sidi. A smart plaything, a changeable one, is one that lives.” With a subtle incline of her head, Absinth watches to see how her words would be taken. Call it a moment of.. graciousness, because that’s really what her advice was in that moment. She didn’t particularly care if they took it or not, and she wouldn’t dwell on it. She wanted to think they caught her on a good day, or that they amused her well enough to appease her impish side. But they would likely have to do all manner of things to state their insidious keepers, terrible things that would bring them closer to the monster she herself had become. But, in due time, wasn’t that the saying?

“Now then, about that physical thing. A spar, or something a bit more serious?” The woman questioned, drifting backwards as she allowed them space to decide. She adopted a defensive stance regardless, eyes locked onto each of their own in turn — awaiting the first move.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Care for a dance? The Polar Sound 10:02 PM, 12-28-2023 03:00 PM, 03-31-2024