Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
06-13-2023, 09:35 AM

After the announcement Gil was taking over, Aresenn had made it clear he wasn't sticking around to witness what the ragtag group of pirates was being transitioned into. And while he did leave the gathering area, Aresenn chose to linger on the beach for a while longer. Watching the ocean fall and rise over the black sand beach for the last time as he knew it. While he could get away with a wave and a nod to most, he knew he owed his siblings more of a talk than that. And as the final gathering dissolved, he hoped to catch at least one of them in their scramble to mobilize- he wasn't sure how long Gilgamesh was going to get them to tie up loose ends. Diablo hadn't made it to the summons at the time he passed through, so who knew if he had even shown to begin with. He suspected that his father was probably drunk somewhere- maybe even with Sparrow. Perhaps he would join them when he was done here.

Rivin on the other hand, he expected her.  His own sister was like any other girl he had ever met. She was strong, brave, independent, intelligent, had a no nonsense drive that could answer any challenge an authority figure may lay before her. He wasn't concerned for her safety- she could take care of herself. Though, it was going to be strange not seeing her around regularly. While they might not have an inseparable bond, he knew she was there if he needed her, and truly hoped that he had given her the same impression. While it wasn't a goodbye- this 'see you later' was going to be one of the more difficult things in his short lifetime he had to accomplish, and he wasn't looking forward to it.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
08-09-2023, 04:45 PM

Even if Gilgasmesh was eager to get to their new lands, Rivin refused to leave until she spoke to Aresenn. He had approached her at the meeting, making it clear he would not be leaving with them. It caused a bit of confusion to bloom, and a touch of hurt. While she wanted her siblings to be happy, that protective, and almost possessive nature in her heart flared. Something within screamed at Rivin to make Senn stay, but as she broke away from the others she knew she couldn’t do that. She loved Aresenn, had seen him growing, had noticed that, like herself, he spent a bit more time away from the lands the pirates called home. He was more adventurous, she supposed. Growing and taking a path that was different from the rest of her family. Were it not for Jack and Diablo, would she have left too? Would she have followed Senn into the unknown? Rivin let a sigh pass her lips. She didn’t want to think about that.

She would find him lingering on the beach. Rivin would approach, that mingling of emotions stirring with her. Still, she knew that Senn would be alright. She’d be more worried if Diablo had wanted to go off, truthfully. Aresenn had proved his fighting skills alongside her, and as she came to sit in the sand beside him, the girl couldn’t resist a cocky grin as she glanced at him. “I should have guessed you wouldn’t stick around forever, given how things have been. Since Pyralis died things have stagnated, you know?” Her gaze would switch to the ocean. “I think Sparrow took it harder than any of us. They were probably close.” The grin would falter, giving way to a thoughtful frown.

“Still… Part of me wants to tell you not to go, though I doubt it’d do any good. Besides, it’d be pretty damn selfish if I didn’t let you live your life. Especially after how dad was.” Rivin looked back at Aresenn and her green gaze softened. “I’m not great with this sentimental stuff, but I want you to know that I care about you, Senn. A whole lot. We’ve been the closest in our litter, and not seeing you is going to suck.” She gave a chuckle. “You better still come around and say hi if you see me outside pack lands. I’ll do the same, should I catch you around.” The femme would tilt her head to the side.

“Gotta know though, what prompted this? I doubt it was just dad’s talk and the shitty raid loss. Where are you planning on heading next?”

"Talk," 'Think.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
09-11-2023, 08:40 AM

It didn’t take long for the meeting to wrap up, and with his attention fixed on the beach, he immediately identified his sister approaching out of the distance. He watched her silently for the longest time, not entirely sure what to say- what to call out. It wasn’t until she was sitting next to him did she have the bravery to break the silence, pointing out that she should have been able to predict his departure. That she wanted to insist that he stay. He wasn’t sure he could have told her No. “I know … just as it would be selfish of me to ask you to come too.” Aresenn echoed the sentiment in a mumble.

The next part brought a short and soft chuckle. “I don’t think any of us got good at the sentimental stuff. But that’s quite alright. We managed ...” He interjected while trying to swallow whatever it was making his throat feel tight. “Thanks for always being there, Riv. It meant a lot. I care for you too, and any amount of distance won’t change that.” Aresenn assured her. His sister’s own laughter broke the tension a bit, before insisting that he return for an occasional visit. Of course he would. “I certainly will. You won’t get rid of me that easily.” The boy vowed.

As to why he was leaving … that was a more complicated issue. “As we’ve gotten older, things have just become clearer. The ones we looked up to, the ones who we thought knew everything and the ones we thought made the best decisions for everyone … well, they are just as lost and clueless as we feel- or at least that’s how I feel … I won’t speak for everyone in that aspect.” Maybe Rivin felt like she was well-adjusted and had everything she needed at her disposal. He wouldn’t deny that for her if that was her experience. He on the other hand, felt that the progress he had made was solely due to his own making. He felt most of his skillset had been developed on his own accord. Not that he was asking for someone to lead him now, he supposed that he had things pretty well figured out … but it would have simplified things a lot when they were young had they received more consistent input. “We needed guidance, Rivin- I needed direction from someone, anyone. But there were way too many children and not enough adults who gave a shit, or had the time to invest.” The adults were outnumbered by pups that felt like three and four to one, which was poor planning on their part. But there was another root of the Pirate’s problem in his eyes- the lack thereof a plan. That was a whole different tangent, though. “But as it turns out, things aren’t always as black and white as they seemed when we were kids. We are all just figuring things out as we go, and we all have flaws. I get it. I won’t hold it against them. I’m not mad at anyone ... It’s not good. It’s not bad. It just is.” Aresenn finished with a sigh.

He let his amber gaze momentarily drift out over the ocean. He’d miss that part too. Returning his attention to his sister, he looked at his sister for a quiet moment, before offering her a saddened grin of his own. “At the end of the day, I found direction … it just leads away from here.” It was hard to say, but needed to be said. As to where he was going … that was a little easier to convey. Aresenn quickly began the transition into a different line of thought- because god, emotion sucked. “I need to figure some things out. But for now, I’m going north. Sephiran’s up there … and I’ve met a girl a few times who lives … in the mountains.” He knew Rivin was aware of the Saxe boy, but wasn’t sure if she had ever crossed paths with Andromeda or not. He also wasn’t ready to admit that he had an interest in a girl from Armada due to the longstanding rivalry between packs. Whether his sister bought into that relationship or not, he wasn’t entirely sure. But the truth of the matter was, Andy’s sister was the one who had finished Pyralis off … and while he hadn’t necessarily been close to the old woman, he knew Rivin had been fond of her. So that was a conversation he would avoid for now.

“Where is Gil moving the pack? Did he say?” He asked, wondering if the new alpha even really knew. Knowing where the new territory was would make finding his way back easier in the event he needed to.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

11-09-2023, 08:08 PM

Her brother would echo her sentiment, and Rivin managed a small, sad smile at that. They were alike in many ways, getting along just fine. But she supposed all good things came to an end. As he thanked her, the horned girl gave a nod. “I was happy to be there. For you. For us.” Though she did not thank him the same way out loud, as she let her green gaze fix on her brother that gratitude reflected in her eyes. The she-wolf knew her brother was someone she could count on. Had always known, really, and him moving on, away from the pack was going to be an adjustment. She had Jack… and she was trying with Diablo, but she doubted their bond would be as solid as hers with Aresenn.

His next statement, and thoughts about the pack, earned a snort from the femme. “No kidding. Dad’s solution of us getting training from the other wolves in the pack was a joke. I don’t think he realizes how ass backwards his ‘solution’ was.” A heavy sigh left her lips. She had no recollection after snapping at her father what even happened in that cave. Her gaze fell and her ears slid back as Aresenn spoke. He wasn’t wrong. They had needed guidance and when they didn’t get it they were the ones looked at as if they had done something wrong. That was something she was bitter about, even if Aresenn said he wouldn’t hold it against them. She… would take some time until she was okay with how things were. That was just how she was.

Rivin lifted her gaze back to Aresenn as he continued to speak. “Sephiran, huh? That was the purple yearling at our party, right?” She remembered him, at least vaguely. The alcohol had started taking effect by the time the spar occurred and she noticed him, but she had some memory of the other male. “If he gives you direction, Aresenn, then you follow it. Go where you want to go.” She meant those words, offering her brother a more reassuring smile.

“He’s moving us to the islands in the west. Some seclusion while we get our shit together I think.” Rivin shrugged. “We’ll… see how that goes. Honestly… If it wasn’t for Calico Jack I’m not sure if I’d be staying at all myself.” That smile fell. “...I’m not even sure if one wolf is the best reason to stay… but he was the first one outside of you that really took an interest in me outside of the kids our age. Well… the only one, really.” Rivin lowered her gaze once more.

“He’s a good friend, and if he is willing to give Gil a shot… I think I will too. But if things continue to go south… I dunno… maybe I’ll come find you and Sephiran...” She sighed. She hated the mixed feelings about her decision to stay. She just hoped that it would be the right choice for her in the end.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
12-24-2023, 10:32 AM

As Aresenn sat in rapt attention, Rivin's bittersweet words washed over him. A deep sense of pride surged through his being, their father aside, he had watched her grow into a fiercely independent and courageous individual. Yet with each passing moment, the sorrow at the impending departure only grew. Knowing that their paths were diverging, leading them down separate roads was something that he still needed to come to terms with. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of sadness at the realization goodbye was coming. But amidst the warring emotions, there was also a sense of hope and excitement for what the future would hold for both of them.

Sephiran's name hung in the air between them, evoking memories of the young purple yearling at their party. Aresenn nodded, acknowledging Rivin's recognition. "Yeah, that's him,” he confirmed with a half-smirk. "I wouldn't say he's any better off than the rest of us. But he's driven in a similar way that I am. Bloodlust aside.” Rivin's reassurance on the matter was certainly appreciated. He knew that following his own path meant leaving behind the familiarity of Pirates, but her support made it easier to bear. "Thanks, Riv. I really appreciate that,” he said sincerely, offering her a shallow nod.

The news of the pack's relocation to the islands in the west piqued Aresenn's curiosity. It seemed like an interesting choice, secluding themselves from the mainland in search of stability. He wondered what Gil was thinking, and if it would truly provide the solace they all needed. "Well, seclusion might do everyone some good,” Aresenn mused, his gaze drifting towards the distant horizon. "Or at the very least, it might cut down on the distractions so he can stream-line everyone.” He finished with a chuckle.

Rivin's mention of Calico Jack and her mixed feelings caused a knot to form in Aresenn's chest. He could sense the uncertainty in her voice, the conflict within her. He knew all too well the weight of such decisions and the fear that came with them. After a moment of contemplation, he reached out and gently placed a paw on Rivin's shoulder, offering her a reassuring squeeze. "Sometimes, one wolf is enough reason to stay,” Aresenn said lowly, his amber eyes glinting with subtle understanding. "If he's been there for you, if he sees you for who you are and accepts you, that's something worth holding onto. Just remember that your happiness matters too, Riv. And if things ever become too much, if staying no longer feels right, you come and find me.” She already implied that she would, but he wanted to make sure and reinforce that open invitation as an option. There would always be a place in the future he was making for himself for his sister, should she ever want to take it.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

01-10-2024, 02:48 PM

So Sephiran was driven, though it seemed he had a bloodlust that was noted. None of them were saints by any means, and hell, when Rivin went to her first raid it was with the intention of leaving a maim, right? It should be fine. And even if she didn’t know Seph well… Aresenn trusted him… and she trusted her brother. He had a good head on his shoulders, and would get what he wanted and needed no matter what. Rivin admired that. Maybe… maybe she had been trying too hard to please their father. That thought caused a bitter feeling to rise in her gut. Maybe it was time to start living for what she wanted to do. She wasn’t a child anymore after all.

At Senn’s musings Rivin shrugged. “One can hope.” She didn’t know if it would be enough. “I can definitely say that things need to change. Whether or not this is the change that we need… I don’t know.” She told him. Even now that uncertainty within her lingered. A sigh passed her lips, gaze only lifting as Aresenn placed his paw on her shoulder. It was his turn to offer reassurance now. Rivin listened quietly, giving a small nod as her brother finished. “Thank you, Aresenn.” Rivin moved, drawing her brother into a quick hug. It was short, but it held everything she wanted to give him now.

“It's a promise… not that this is goodbye. I know we’ll see each other again.” She grinned, tilting her head to the side as she spoke in a teasing voice. “So until next time, yeah?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Caught at the Crossroads Obsidian Beach 09:35 AM, 06-13-2023 08:06 AM, 01-30-2024