Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

OverachieverOoh La LaSnake Eyes
02-27-2024, 09:12 PM

Kina

The spar had been a lot of fun and now that it was over the girls agreed to spend a little time getting to know each other while their adult guardians talked about boring grown up stuff. They'd moved from the battlefield and headed south into a lovely grove of willows. Settling next to a stream Kina pulled out the items she wanted to work on while she got to know the other girl. She had a few strands of leather that she wanted to make into a bracelet. She padded over to a flat rock, taking three leather strands and carefully tying a knot in the top of them.

While she worked so glanced over at the blue-pelted girl. "I don't believe I caught your name. Are you from a pack around here?" Although she had introduced herself before they sparred the other girl had been so excited she'd leapt right into the attack without giving the Tojo pup her name.

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

UnderachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La La
02-27-2024, 09:13 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna followed the girl to the waters edge where she intended to do a little fishing while the other girl crafted. Star had never caught a fish before but she was keen to try. Within the river that ran between the willows she could see some little brown trout. Carefully she waded into the water, which of course scared them off but maybe if she waited long enough they'd come back. Fishing was a waiting game, she knew that much. "Oh, sorry, my name is Stjarna, but you can call me Star." Few could hit the accent on the 'j' right. "I'm from Avalon to the south. What about you, where are you from?" She figured it wouldn't hurt to find out more about the other girl. Seemed only fair.

Speech

Kina

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Fighter (270)

Master Intellectual (248)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-27-2024, 09:14 PM

Kina

Kina listened as she separated out the three strands of leather. Then, using her teeth she folded the right strand over the middle so that it became the new middle strand. Next she took the left most strand and crossed it over the middle strand so that it was now the new strand. Taking the right she crossed it over the middle again and kept repeating the process. She carefully used her claws and toes to help pull the braid tight. Once she did she set her paw down to hold it so she could continue talking.

"A pleasure to meet you Star. I am from Tojo Kai, far, far, south of here in Auster." She had not heard of Avalon before, but made a note of the pack. While she had no intent of becoming the pack's heir she felt it was still important for her to know the packs her father might be dealing with. "You fight quite well, is that what you are training to become?"

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-27-2024, 09:14 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna carefully positioned her weight over three of her limbs so that she could use her free paw to swipe for the fish. Well… she set the paw down and tried to stop fidgeting. Maybe her jaws would be faster. The fish were definitely faster than her in the water but maybe if she dived her head in like the herons she could catch one of them. They were starting to return, cautiously swimming about her legs but not quite close enough to where she felt like she could get one. She listened as she waited, the other girl explaining she was from Tojo Kai. At her question, Star shook her head. "Not really. I want to become a huntress but I've had… bad experiences with predators. I want to be able to defend myself and my kills. What about you?"

Speech

Kina

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Fighter (270)

Master Intellectual (248)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-27-2024, 09:15 PM

Kina

Kina continued to create the braided strand, folding the outside strands over the middle and pulling tight when possible. Finally she got to the end of the braid. Using one paw to help keep things tight she carefully tied a knot in the other end of the strand. There! She held it up and tested it before wrapping it around her wrist and then frowning. It was a bit big. She should've measure before tying it but maybe she could give it to her mother.

Kina nodded as Stjarna spoke of predator encounters. She was of a similar mindset, especially after being attacked by those coyotes. "My family believes it is important to become good warriors so we can protect our homeland. But my heart is indeed in crafting. I wish to become a Shokunin, like Aka. At least for now. Do you like it in Avalon?"

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-27-2024, 09:16 PM

Closer… closer… Stjarna eyed the trout as the grew closer and closer to her. Then it suddenly dawned on her. Instead of trying to dive her head under water could she maybe stun one if it got close enough to where her body produced electrocytes? There were a couple nibbling at the fur on the back of her thighs. She probably had some bugs somewhere, it didn't surprise her. Then one came close to her front leg, nibbling along up to a bright blue stripe. Star released a shock and just as she hoped it stunned the fish. Her head dove down, seizing it in her jaws while the other's scattered. Pleased with herself she bounded back onto shore and pinned the fish with her front paws, starting to eat. She nodded at Kina's question. "Yea, everyone there is really nice." She opened her mouth as if to continue but thought better of it and got back to eating. She didn't want to think about her life before Avalon.

Speech

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Even Trees Need Friends Whistling Willows 09:12 PM, 02-27-2024 10:49 PM, 03-25-2024