size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Double MasterStudentRapid Poster - Bronze1K
03-16-2024, 08:41 PM

Visits, assignments, and life moving on-- Dread couldn't say he was surprised. Staying busy, moving forward. As long as he keeps moving forward, nothing behind him could keep up. He'd pretend as much, anyway. Packing a borrowed bedroll for the short trip, Dread sets off a bit ahead of the rest of his outriders. Given their track record, he wouldn't ask for Deluge to go with him to see the family. Something he'd probably be better off doing alone, anyway.

The walk was long, and Dread was more than familiar with it. Fern Gulley was a decent enough place to stop, at least during the highest afternoon heat. Any farther, and cover would be scarce. Finding a stout, shady tree to rest under, Dread sat to gnaw at some of the preserved meat in his pack, peering out over the lush grasses. Who knew when the last warm autumn day would come. Hell, maybe today would be it, too. Yesterday had been chilly and raw, the day before, too.

Ah well. He has the warm sun to tip his chin against today. That's enough.

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (265)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-16-2024, 08:52 PM

As Mariah approached Fern Gulley, the familiar scent of lush vegetation and earth filled her senses, a stark contrast to the barren lands she had traversed to reach this place. The trees loomed overhead, their leaves casting dappled shadows on the ground, offering a welcome respite from the harsh sun. She spotted a lone figure sitting beneath a stout, shady tree, his silhouette blending into the tranquil scenery.

Curiosity piqued, Mariah approached the stranger with cautious steps, her silver eyes scanning his form as she drew nearer. The man seemed lost in his thoughts, gnawing on a piece of preserved meat as he gazed out over the landscape. She cleared her throat softly, announcing her presence before speaking. "Hello," she greeted, her voice gentle yet curious. "I hope I'm not intruding ..." She settled herself on the ground nearby, her gaze wandering over the landscape before returning to the man offering him an amused one-sided-smirk. "It just looked like you could use some company." The idea of being forward with someone she didn't know all that well made it difficult for her to keep a straight face.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Dread

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (295)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

03-16-2024, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2024, 09:11 PM by Dread. Edited 2 times in total.)

Warm day, and the desert beyond would only be warmer. Dread doesn't find himself concerned, at least initially, with the girl's arrival. He'd remain regal, respectful-- knowing what it is to be a man of his size, if nothing else. Tail twitching in the grass, offering a smile of his own as she neared.

"Please do. I'm just waiting for the sun to come down some before heading north." a tip of his dark muzzle, humor resting in his gaze. Not that there was much to intrude on, anyway. Gaze quick over the girl's face, taking her in. She's slight, in a way that's somewhat disquieting.

"Are you hungry? I have plenty." The offer is gentle, beckoning her closer. Dried meat and a packet of dried spiced minnows set before him, Dread was raised by the patron saint of overpacking.

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-16-2024, 09:20 PM

Mariah settled herself on the ground, grateful for the shade offered by the tree. She shook her head in response to Dread's question, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. "No, thank you. I'm not hungry, but I appreciate the offer," she replied politely, her gaze drifting to the landscape before them.

She glanced back at Dread, her silver eyes notably intrigued. "Heading north, you said? Are you traveling far?" The prospect of travel always intrigued her, the idea of exploring new places and meeting new faces sparking a sense of adventure within her. She couldn't help but glance at the packet of dried meat and spiced minnows he had offered, noting the generosity in his gesture. "You seem to be well-prepared," she observed, a more obvious hint of her curiosity in her tone.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Dread

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (295)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

03-16-2024, 09:32 PM

She's polite, carrying around an energy that's not unlike many of his sisters'. Manners that came with being raised... just so. Dread should have felt the need to sit up straighter, but the day had been long already. He expected it to be longer yet. Times had changed for the young man.

"The Armada-- some of the best deals come at the very tail end of market season." The man's voice dropped, as if he was saying something confidential. It was more common sense, but he'd embrace the theatrics of it. In reality, it was more that the merchants weren't interested in hauling large goods back, and would be grateful for useful supplies on their return trips. "I'm Dread. Grateful for the company." Right, manners. Even if he was growing rougher around the edges, he'd been civilized enough once.

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-16-2024, 09:39 PM

Mariah nodded, listening intently as Dread spoke of the Armada and the opportune timing of market season's end. She admired his practical approach to travel, finding value in the knowledge he shared. "That sounds like a smart strategy," she remarked, a hint of admiration in her tone. "I’m from Elysium- I’ve heard of the Armada’s marketplace, just have never seen it for myself."

She smiled warmly at his introduction, appreciating the courtesy in his demeanor. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Dread," she replied, inclining her head slightly in acknowledgment. "I'm Mariah." She shifted slightly, settling more comfortably on the ground as she gazed out at the landscape before them.

-end thread?-

"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. sick of driving so slow Fern Gulley 08:41 PM, 03-16-2024 06:12 AM, 03-23-2024