size
Toy size
build
Heavy
player
NachoMumma

1KSamhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
01-25-2024, 11:26 PM

She'd only come across the guy the night before. There was no need to drag him home to her mother or Tori. She didn't have an obligation to go out on a limb like this. He mentioned his condition was bought about by tiredness and he'd had a decent, safe rest, so it should be fine to send him on his way.

But Fuji didn't like the idea of him leaving.

Things had been said, whether in jest or certainty, and she certainly wouldn't be going back on her word. They padded along the sand in step, a couple of curious manatees watching them from the water as she subconsciously made sure to keep him close enough that their fur practically mingled, even if they weren't physically touching.

Her mother should be around here somewhere, it would be best to get a medical assessment first before getting Tori involved, right? Kenta would have passed the message along... but they were getting close to the bamboo, and the leader had kids to consider. The conflict was clear on her face, but there were enough bodies that frequented the bay surely? Kuroo wouldn't be far.

“Maaaaa!” the sound was jarring in the peaceful morning and far better suited to the animal her horns had come from than the tiny pink and white wolf that mad made it. This required a real adulty adult. Thinking too much was making her surly.

“Speech”

[Image: i0F1X8z.gif]

Midas

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (10)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser
01-26-2024, 05:27 PM
Had Midas perhaps said some things while he was coming around out of his seizure the night before? Yes. Did he regret any of them? No. Did he mean all of them? Well, shit, was Fuji ready to find out? There's something to be said about first thought best thought, though this wasn't his finest moment. Midas was still limping, sore, and looked a bit like he'd been through the ringer as he followed after Fuji. There was no wiping the look off his face either, something more than a little lovesick. That was gross. Midas didn't care.

The manatees are the only one to witness them at first, and for that, he's pretty glad. Sure they're not quite touching, but almost. It's not until they come to rest, standing within the Bay, that he reaches out and touches her. Fuji called out into the peaceful morning, summoning her mouther-- her mother. Midas reached out to brush his muzzle across her cheek, letting his focus be getting rid of her surly expression rather than any sort of anxiety about the girl's ma showing up. Maybe it's self soothing, too, the way he bonks at her. Gentle. Clowning is a coping mechanism after all.

Sedna

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fitness Coach Fitness Coach

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

TeacherDouble MasterSamhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
OverachieverCritical Observation!Halloween 2020 - Witches HutBeevent1K
01-26-2024, 06:21 PM

Sedna had been on her way to the bay to do a spot of fishing (her stores were stocked, thanks to Fuji's industrious nature, her youngest litter were off being Archers, impossible to tie down to one place at their age), and life was... okay. Raijin hadn't been home in what felt like an age and she was getting on in years. She was terribly lonely.

The shade of the undergrowth would hide her flinch as her daughters demanding holler came to her ears, folded back against the shrillness of the summons. Fuji worried her too, all serious straight laced and duty and honour... All Archer women traits back to her great-grandmother, but not terribly evident in her own mother's line. They were a wilder sort, so she had struggled to connect with the girl in the way she had with those that left.

Fuji rarely left the bamboo unless it was on a summons for healing assistance, and Sedna worried that perhaps her remaining daughter might never find someone of her own. That worry was put to rest when her fiery eyes finally fell on the form of her smallest (if not youngest) daughter, and a smirk crossed her features. Well, if she hadn't inherited the chaos, she had certainly inherited the Archer women's typical taste in men, tall and dark, with a little hint of something else. Their scents were all over each other, and the casual contact between them didn't escape her notice. "Darlin', jus' because yer finally fucked a boy, doesn' mean I need ter meet 'im right away." There was mirth dancing in her eyes, she didn't really think Fuji had it in her, but it didn't hurt to poke and prod occasionally to see what reaction it might bring about.

"speech"
[Image: mangomouse.jpg]

Fuji

Tojo-kai
Yakuzaishi

Master Fighter (245)

Master Healer (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Toy size
build
Heavy
player
NachoMumma

01-26-2024, 06:40 PM

Midas's insistent contact was a welcome distraction, her lip pulled back over saber teeth, but a grin pulled at the corner of her mouth, she didn't mean it aggressively at all. Well, until her mother came out of the underbrush and said the things she did. The girl positively bristled, burning under her fur at the accusation. Perhaps in her dreams but that just wasn't the done thing, was it? And even then, she had felt terrible. He probably didn't even like her, regardless of what was said the night before.

“S'not like that!” yet... She responded in the frustrated whine reserved specifically for discussions between mothers and daughters. How could you possibly understand, you've never been young, and if you were you forgot, it's so hard being me... I'm sure you know the one. It was in her mother's smirk that she realised she had been baited, and she snorted her annoyance and stamped a paw in protest.

This is Midas, he had a seizure. She slipped to her father's tongue, it would make her mother think about what she was saying and distract her from teasing her daughter, or so she hoped. Sedna's Japanese wasn't as fluent as Fujis. While her mother took a moment to process what had been said, she took the opportunity to switch back to common. “This is my Ma, Sedna, but if yer call 'er Ma, she'll answer anyway.” She offered what she hoped was a reassuring smile.

“Speech”

Midas

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (10)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser
01-26-2024, 06:56 PM
The little smile that comes, lips pulled back to expose her teeth, leaves Midas chuckling softly. Breathlessly. He's so fucking close, but still... ah just far enough. He'd tell himself that he wasn't pushing, that he wasn't trying to get the girl right where he wants her. No. There's no grand plan, just a man setting eyes on something he wants and being more than happy to charm his way into her. As her mother draws near, Midas offers her the same dazzling smile, a little dip of his dark muzzle, polite. Unable to conceal his laughter at her words, and at her reaction. "Cute when you're salty, aren't you?" A little smirk, the words spoken gently.

As she slips into something that's decidedly not common, Midas catches only his name. Hell, it doesn't matter what she says-- she could have been reading out of the dictionary, for all he cared. The boy's tail twitched, happy to just take in her voice and her words. Pretend he's not whipped for like two seconds, please, as he's brought back down to earth and compelled to introduce himself. Offering a respectful dip of his muzzle, Midas spoke to Sedna.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Midas, your future son in law." A twitch of his tail and a smile on his lips, he doesn't dare look at Fuji. Was he teasing her? Maybe. Was he teasing himself? Yeah, that too. His tail wagged, he's... kidding-not-kidding. Blame the exhaustion or something.

Sedna

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fitness Coach Fitness Coach

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

TeacherDouble MasterSamhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
OverachieverCritical Observation!Halloween 2020 - Witches HutBeevent1K
01-29-2024, 02:51 AM

A quirk of her brow is all that is offered in response to her daughter's revelation. Those things could come for any number of reasons, Given his age she wasn't too concerned about sinister causes, as to remedies, well she'd dragged that back the first time she'd ever gone looking for herbs herself.

She was distracted from her answer by her companion introducing himself. She laughed, refusing to pass up an opportunity to tease her daughter once more. "That's exactly wha' Fuji was jus' tellin' me..." She smirked at the tiny girl. "We should head home, I think I migh' 'ave somethin' fer those aches an' pains, but firs', we should get Hattori out 'ere. Not jus' anyone can come inter th' bamboo." and well, he'd figure it out soon enough.

"speech"
[Image: mangomouse.jpg]

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
01-31-2024, 01:28 PM
Fuji was pushing it. Though less stringent about the outer territories, Hattori did not want to think strangers could just be let in as they pleased. Arriving a little late on the scene, as he'd been lingering on the western reaches of the maze, his gave flitted between his pack mates, before settling on the outsider. It did not seem like an immediately pressing matter at a glance, but the sooner he got an understanding of what was going on, the better.

He exhaled through his nose, the sand soft beneath his paws, the scent of seaweed and salt strong in his nostrils.

"What is going on then?"

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Fuji

Tojo-kai
Yakuzaishi

Master Fighter (245)

Master Healer (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Toy size
build
Heavy
player
NachoMumma

03-18-2024, 01:37 AM

Fuji could have bitten her mother for her smart assed remark. If she hadn't been distracted by the arrival of the Kaicho of course. Finally, a real adulty-adult.

I found him in the dragon's blood grove last night when I was looking for more of the marauders. He was clearly exhausted so I offered him shelter in the Oaks. He had a seizure. I was hoping mother might have some idea of how to treat it, but I also don't think he should leave just yet. What if it happens again? She answered as respectfully as she could, as a healer (and a girl with her first crush). Tori would probably see right through it, so she turned back to Midas. “Yer got anywhere else yer'd rather be?” Her grin was fearless but her stomach was churning.

“Speech”

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. intoxicating insanity Manatee Bay 11:26 PM, 01-25-2024 11:39 PM, 07-22-2024