gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
03-17-2024, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2024, 07:05 PM by Caedes. Edited 3 times in total.)

Caedes moved through the dense underbrush with determination, his emerald eyes scanning the lush landscape for any sign of elusive wolfsbane. He knew that the herb possessed potent medicinal properties, making it a valuable resource for his arsenal of herbs. It was a toxic little lady, though and needed to be handled with care. As he searched, Caedes remained vigilant, senses attuned to the slightest rustle of leaves or shift in the wind. He wasn’t in the mood for being interrupted, and it showed in the furrow of his brows. He sighed. Wolfsbane was known to grow in shaded, damp areas, and Caedes focused his efforts on exploring the shadowed corners of the cliffs where the plant was most likely to thrive. Being near the sea meant the herb had plenty of water to absorb as well.

After what felt like hours of searching, Caedes finally caught sight of a cluster of dark green leaves poking through the undergrowth. It was with a sense of satisfaction, he knelt down beside the plant, careful not to disturb its delicate roots as he began to carefully harvest the leaves and flowers.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Cadaver

Insomnia
Reaper

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Indie
03-18-2024, 01:52 PM
Cadaver crept stealthily through the dense underbrush, his keen senses on high alert for any signs of movement. The vibrant green foliage enveloped him, masking his presence as he stalked his prey. Suddenly, in the midst of the lush vegetation, a solitary figure caught his eye. The man's resolute stance and precise movements struck a stark contrast against the wild backdrop, captivating Cadaver and drawing him ever closer with each calculated step.

Cadaver's eyes widened as he recognized the man standing before him. They had crossed paths before, their encounters always coinciding with dangerous predators that roamed these lands. Though their meetings had been brief and distant, Cadaver couldn't shake the sense of familiarity that now washed over him at the sight of the man's rugged features and piercing gaze. Yet in this moment, with the man before him, there was also a sense of camaraderie, knowing that they had both faced and conquered the same deadly beasts.

As he watched from a safe distance, the young wolf observed the man's careful harvesting of something of interest, his movements calculated and deliberate. There was a sense of purpose in the man's actions. Intrigued by the man's presence and eager to satisfy his curiosity, Cadaver approached cautiously, his steps measured and quiet. He observed the man with a mixture of respect and curiosity, wondering what had brought him to this secluded corner of the forest and what secrets he might hold. But in the end, he couldn’t stay silent for long. “What are you doing?” He asked, interested to see such a well-practiced fighter taking interest in some kind of plant.

"Cadaver Nightwing"

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-18-2024, 02:19 PM

It was a quiet task, one that allowed Caede’s mind to drift into a monotonous rhythm, running through the uses of the wolfsbane as he carefully picked it, placing it onto a small animal skin that would be used to transport. He wasn’t nearly finished though.

So as the boy approached, the obsidian brute turned to regard him with a steady gaze, his expression betraying a hint of surprise at the sudden appearance of the young child. However, his demeanor remained calm and composed, if not a touch annoyed. He wasn’t in the market of harming little kids though, so he was forced to deal with the kid while he worked. His attention was beckoned though, emeralds flicking down to the boy with a smirk. Curious, was he? Well, this was a fun one – the plant that is.

"I am gathering wolfsbane," The scarred male replied, his voice steady and measured. "A potent toxin. But it does have other properties. Do you know what poisons are?" Sure, indulge the kid.

"speaking"

Cadaver

Insomnia
Reaper

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Indie
03-18-2024, 06:23 PM
Eager and attentive, Cadaver leaned in closer to Caedes as he began to explain, his curiosity piqued by the mention of poisons and the mysterious wolfsbane. His mismatched eyes, one a piercing blue and the other a near translucent pink, flickered with interest as he absorbed the information, his mind racing with questions,  yet daring not to interrupt. He watched as Caedes plucked a sprig of the poisonous plant from a nearby bush. The leaves were a dark jade- the scent bittersweet, carrying an underlying danger that lingered in the air.

The tranquil overlook echoed with the soft rumbling of Cadaver's voice as he spoke. His keen interest was evident in his focused gaze, fixed upon Caedes. "I've heard of poisons," Cadaver replied, his voice a soft rumble amidst the tranquil forest. "But I've never seen wolfsbane before. What do you use it for?" His curiosity was genuine, and he eagerly awaited Caedes' response. The enigmatic plant and the man who wielded such intimate knowledge about it both intrigued him deeply. "I'm KD, by the way." The boy quickly interjected, remembering that they didn't even know each other's names yet.

"Cadaver Nightwing"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-18-2024, 07:33 PM

Caedes could feel the boy's keen interest, his unwavering gaze locked onto his face as he absorbed the information eagerly. It was clear the boy had questions, a thirst for knowledge burning within him. With a deliberate motion, Caedes plucked a sprig of wolfsbane and presented it to the boy, laying it gently on the ground between them. "It has various uses," Caedes explained in his characteristic low rumble. "Aside from its toxic properties, wolfsbane can be utilized in herbal remedies and potions, provided it's handled with care. It possesses the ability to slow the heart, disrupt the nervous system, and even halt the lungs. However, in small quantities and when properly administered, it can also be used to treat certain ailments." Having finished his explanation, Caedes carefully returned the sprig of wolfsbane to his collection hide, preparing it for transport to his stores.

As Cadaver introduced himself, Caedes nodded in acknowledgment. "Caedes," He replied, his voice steady and measured. Then, a trace of curiosity crept into his demeanor as he regarded the young boy. "You are young, KD. Why are you alone?" The question hung in the air, accompanied by a faint hint of interest from the typically stoic brute.

"speaking"

Cadaver

Insomnia
Reaper

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Indie
03-18-2024, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2024, 08:01 PM by Cadaver. Edited 1 time in total.)
Cadaver listened intently to Caedes' explanation, absorbing every word with rapt attention. As the man finished speaking, Cadaver's curiosity only deepened, his mind buzzing with newfound knowledge about the potent plant before him. The wolfsbane, with its multifaceted properties, intrigued him greatly, and he couldn't help but feel like maybe plants weren’t entirely worthless after all. "Interesting," Cadaver replied, his voice filled with genuine intrigue. "I never knew a plant could be used in so many ways."

But when Caedes asked why he happened to be alone, Cadaver’s expression darkened a bit. “Oh, I uhh … “ He began, reeling for a good explanation. But an excuse didn’t readily come when he needed it to. “I’m just alone, okay?” He answered a little bit sharper than intended- but it frustrated him that he didn’t know what else to say. “I belong to Insomnia, but I just do my own thing.”

"Cadaver Nightwing"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-18-2024, 09:55 PM

"This is just one of many," Caedes remarked, his voice carrying a hint of indifference. "Each has a unique use, different as night and day." With that impromptu lesson delivered, he moved on to gather his belongings, wary of delving too deeply into conversation with the young boy before his curiosity became an unwanted distraction.

Observing KD's reaction with mild curiosity, Caedes noted the subtle shift in the boy's demeanor as he struggled to explain his solitude. Sensing there was more to KD's story, Caedes refrained from prying further. "Fine," he replied in a tone that brooked no argument. "Grow strong, KD, so that you can continue 'doing your own thing.'" His gaze steady and calculating, Caedes offered a cryptic piece of advice before refocusing on his task at hand.

With his attention now fully immersed in the hunt for other herbs, Caedes left KD to his own devices, the encounter serving as nothing more than a brief interruption in his day.

"speaking"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. dogs like socks Moontouched Cliffs 06:52 PM, 03-17-2024 06:11 AM, 03-23-2024