Intermediate Healer (45)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
03-18-2024, 11:22 PM
Triss was an impatient young woman, and the season that passed without hide nor hair of Crux felt like a very long one. Feeling a little like a woman spurned, Triss decided enough was enough. She was (once again) going to be the one going to see him. Perhaps Medusa had really given him a scare, and he didn’t want to come too close to Insomnia.

Whatever the reason, she was determined to track him down. Packing a small day kit, she trotted out of Insomnia and headed down to the Armada. Her head raised and determination in her steps. But her breathing was light and even, she knew better than to compromise her airways.

"Speech"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
03-18-2024, 11:54 PM

Crux did feel guilty. He'd had every intention of being the one who sought out Triss this time. He'd wanted to give her a visit and a return gift for her birthday... And now he was a whole season too late. At first it had been because it had taken him longer than anticipated to get her present and then- Well it was safe to say he wasn't exactly in a great frame of mind. Crux had always known that his father would leave one day but somehow it had always felt so much further off... And it was reopening some old wounds that had never healed properly. Not to mention he wasn't too sure about his nephew as the next Warlord.

It was finally a day that he felt like he could manage the walk to Insomnia, not just physically. In truth he'd often thought of Cryptis, wanting the simple ease of just being with her. But he wasn't a kid anymore and he knew he needed to prepare himself to grieve... The last thing he wanted was to make any time spent with Triss anything but pleasant. It was pretty damn lonely to shoulder it all by himself though. Maybe that was part of it, he'd just hit his breaking point and he needed the simple comfort of the little wolf he'd come to care for so much. With Riya left in the Col (to make sure if Stratum needed help he'd have it, much to the cat's great consternation) Crux made his slow way southwest, a shoulder bag he normally used for when he went gathering herbs instead stuffed with the girl's gift.

And the guilt he'd been feeling for neglecting her was only about to get much worse as he caught a familiar scent. His whole body seemed to perk up and he picked up his pace, eager to see her again and when a familiar form finally came into view that's when his stomach dropped. He'd made her come to see him... Again. Still he couldn't help the smile as he breathed her name, all the affection he felt for her flowing through his words. "Triss." He practically sprinted to her, closing the distance. "I missed you!"

"Speech"

Art by TheStarvingRaven
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
03-19-2024, 12:33 AM
She found him before she reached the pack. In fact, before she’d even had a chance to call for him and announce her presence. “You!” She said, except there was a touch more accusation than joy in her tone. Her breathing had hiked up a little, and she took a slow breath out. Concentrating on it.

Except Crux was sprinting towards her, and the joy on his face was breathtakingly sincere. “No, I’m mad at you!” She said, but it was ruined by the laughter in her voice, and the fact that she reached out a paw to the larger man, practically demanding he put a paw around her.

"Speech"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

03-19-2024, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 12:57 AM by Crux. Edited 1 time in total.)

Crux wasn't sure he'd ever felt quite so wounded as when her little "you" reached him but nothing could have stopped him. Well okay that's not true. She could. The last thing in the whole world he wanted was to ever do something she didn't like. Which was why her tone stabbed right through his chest. Still she was reaching out to him and laughing and fuck he just had missed her so much! He immediately wrapped her in his embrace, practically throwing himself to the ground in front of her to get as close to her as possible. He let himself just enjoy that for a moment, breathing in her scent, feeling the familiar comfort of getting to be so close. Then he looked at her.

And man did he not hold his guilt back. The look he gave Triss was one he couldn't have replicated on purpose if he tried, head on the ground, ears pulled back slightly, big steel blues round and searching and worried. "I'm sorry." For exactly what he didn't know. Sure he felt bad for letting so much time pass since he'd seen her last but he didn't know if that was what he'd done or if there was something else. But whatever it was he'd do better!

"Speech"

Art by TheStarvingRaven
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
And then he was there, his arms around her. He had to scoot close to the ground to do so, but she didn’t mind. She wrapped her tiny paws about his neck, and held on tightly. Almost surprised by how delighted she was to see him again. Every time they met, things changed between them a little more. He meant more to her, every time. When a season had passed, she had started to worry. Started to think that perhaps she didn’t mean the same to him… but his paws told her otherwise.

When he pulled his ears back, and struck a very sorrowful pose in front of her, she unwound a paw so she could bop him gently on the nose. “You should be. A season! I was starting to worry. Between the flooding, and the fire worm… you seem to find trouble very easy, Crux” She told him. “You need me there to keep an eye on you.”

"Speech"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

03-22-2024, 02:22 AM

The fact they spent so much time away from each other was the worst part of their whole relationship. The rush of feelings he felt upon seeing her again was intense though and he wasn't sure he'd ever get tired of that excitement, the way it thrummed through him. Her paws doing their best to hold him back helped to soothe some of his worry, all she had to do was push back, say something and he'd have released her in an instant, painful as that would have been for him but that she seemed just as eager to be close as he did, he let himself relax just a tiny bit.

Crux did his best to look properly penitent, even when Triss bopped him on his snout. But he couldn't help the breaking of a smile, more of a smirk really, when she said he seemed to find trouble easily. "You're one to talk." He teased softly, not wanting to undermine her, frankly, very valid point. "I'm sorry." He repeated again. "Things got a little away from me. For one it took me much longer than anticipated to get this." He shifted so he pull her present from his bag, doing his best to be gentle so as to not tear it. Slowly he worked free a small hooded cloak, black fabric with a near golden fur trim. Perfectly Cryptis sized.

"I'm a lot less good with making things than you are, and it turns out dye making is quite a bit different from making medicines." He felt his face grow warm. "So I had to source most of the pieces from others. Except for the dye, I wanted the trim to match... You." He gently placed the bundle on the ground, the least dirt covered spot he could find immediately around them. "I was trying to think of something that might be useful for you, so I hope at the very least it might help to keep you warm. Don't think it gets as cold in Insomnia..." He was letting himself start to doubt so Crux decided not to keep talking, watching instead for Triss' reaction. There was a second more selfish reason for his choice, okay maybe actually two. First he hoped if the cloak could keep her warm that it might help to mitigate her attacks and the second, much more selfish reason, was that he wanted her to remember how much he cared about her even when he wasn't there. "Happy belated birthday." He gave her an awkward but genuine smile, feeling very self-conscious about his attempt at a gift and wanting to just bury his face into her so he didn't need to look at it anymore.

"Speech"

Art by TheStarvingRaven

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
04-08-2024, 12:14 PM
She tilted her head, wondering what he was talking about until he pulled free the cloak. She gasped, instantly recognizing the size was for her. She was of rather unique structure after all. How many other tiny wolves was he running around with? That thought gave her pause. She better be the only teeny in his life. 

She reached out a paw, but he wasn't ready to hand it over first. First, he explained the process of making it. Hearing the effort he went to to make something for her only excited her more, and she was wiggling under his paw, her tail waving behind her. With him holding it, she could see the gold trimming - which did indeed match her. 

He laid it on the ground and she snatched it up. Pressing it against her chest and hugging it. She leaned her nose into it and breathed deeply. “It smells like you” through she knew that part wouldn't last. “Iloveit.” She said, face muffled by the cloth. 

She unravelled it and wiggled out of his grip so she could put it on. It settled across her back, warm and soft. She wiggled back into her space beside him again. “Well, now you're winning. Your present is way cooler.”

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

04-08-2024, 01:04 PM

He really should have known better than to worry. Crux tended to second guess himself, a lot, but it seemed even more common when it came to Triss. He just- Wanted to make her happy. It wasn't a foreign feeling. He wasn't heartless and there were wolves in his life he cared for deeply. But he would rarely be willing to put his own needs below another's. Not that he'd had to for her but he knew, almost innately, he would if it ever came up.

Her immediate reaction and then quick movement to snatch it up made him chuckle. Somehow everything she did was so goddamn endearing! He easily released her so she could wiggle her way into her present and then more than happily hooked his wrist around her again once she stepped back in. His brows lifting as she claimed he'd "won."

"I wasn't aware it was a competition." He teased. "But I think it's worth noting my coolness factor has gone up at least 20% since I started wearing this." He gently shook his foreleg to make her bracelet rattle. "And you forgot to add the bonus points for it being homemade." He grinned at her. "If my math is correct I think that makes us tied." Flashing another grin he leaned over and gently placed a kiss on her forehead.

He really liked her! If anyone else had been there to witness their exchange it would have been immediately obvious he was hopelessly head over heels for her. Crux breathed a deep contented sigh, and rested his head back down, steel blues just focused on Cryptis. "I really missed you." His voice was soft, tender.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
04-08-2024, 08:14 PM

Oh, did he not? She raised a cheeky brow at him but didn’t speak. He clearly wasn’t done yet. He continued on, and stifled a giggle with her paw as he spoke of his ‘coolness factor’ “Your maths is shit.” She teased him, but lost her train of thought when he reached over and kissed her forehead. She paused, and then swiped at his cheek playfully, hooking her claws in his fur and dragging his head back down again. This time, to her lips. Stealing a kiss for herself.

“I missed you, too. This whole distance thing sucks.” she admitted, though she knew there was no easy answer in sight. They were both loyal to their packs. She couldn’t imagine leaving Insomnia, and couldn’t imagine him leaving the Armada.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

04-08-2024, 09:54 PM

Her kiss made his heart beat so hard he would have believed it capable of breaking free of his ribs altogether. Yet she was so comfortable, able to help him to relax just by being there. He could stay there, just watching her for hours without ever getting bored. Her words drawing a slight frown to his brows. He had to agree. He wasn't about to ask her to leave her whole life behind for him and he wasn't sure he'd be able to leave his family either. There wasn't really a solution right now...

"I think we need more sleepovers." He teased lightly. Stepping down soon or not Crux wasn't sure his father would take well to him going missing for too long. Especially not after the night he'd gotten the prominent scar that marred his throat. "Or at least regular dates." The words left his mouth before he had a real chance to realize what he was saying. They hadn't ever really said it... Crux wasn't going around kissing anyone else of course but there was some sort of unspoken line between the playful flirting and making their relationship official. A line he struggled to see. But he did want to cross it, make his intentions clear.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
04-11-2024, 11:22 PM

“I could live with that.” she said with a grin. One that grew at the thought of bringing him home for a dinner. Medusa would have a cow. And what would her mother think? Then again, her mother was busy. She had new kids now, and she was spending so much time in the infirmary.

His next words surprised him, and she twisted in his gentle grasp, looking up at him from her back. She poked his cheek with a paw. Date? She repeated. “What exactly would a date entail, then? And don’t say floods. Or fire worms.” She teased him lightly. She definitely wasn’t opposed to dates…

"Triss" & "Crux"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

04-11-2024, 11:52 PM

Honestly Insomnia aside Crux was pretty sure he could have swung a sleepover. Sure his dad was intimidating at times but there was some part of him that assumed if he explained how Triss made him feel his father would struggle to say no definitively. Exactly where he'd stand with his nephew was another matter. He was less optimistic there.

As Cryptis spun in his grasp and placed a paw on his cheek he felt his face fill up with heat. He tilted his head to rest part of his brow on her skull, his voice soft as he answered. "How would a picnic sound?" He chuckled softly. "I can't promise no more fire worms but I'll make sure to bring you with me next time." Crux closed his eyes for a moment, relishing in the contact. "Whatever you want to do, I'll do everything in my power to make it happen."

"Triss" & "Crux"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
04-12-2024, 12:56 AM

“Alright, a picnic.” She agreed. She was tempted to ask him where they would go, or what they would bring, but an element of surprise to it sounded delightful. She didn’t want to pull all the fun out of it with insistent questions. “I’d kick the butt of a fireworm” she said, as if her tiny bean sized form would have any impact on something as big as what Crux described.

Whatever you want to do… A little sadly, she said. “I want to stay with you. But I don’t know how to make it happen. I can’t have you, and my family, while keeping you with yours.” It was something that was growing in her chest. A worry. If she wanted Crux for keeps - and she did - how were they going to make it work?

"Triss" & "Crux"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

04-12-2024, 10:33 AM

Somehow Crux had no doubt that if Triss was there she'd kick the butt of anything that threatened him, regardless of size. Not that he'd let her, at least not alone. He'd never forgive himself if she kept getting hurt on his behalf.

Her next words cut deep, right to his soul. Crux sighed. The truth was there likely wasn't going to be a better chance than when his father stepped down, which was feeling like any day now... But he had to admit, Crux wasn't sure he wanted to leave his family either. He felt seen by Triss, felt like they could share much of their experiences even when their circumstances were different... But the same would not be true for Kite. Sure Stratum was also now in the club with them, and he could probably use support from someone who'd lived it too but Crux wasn't sure he could just up and leave his sister... After Vanta had left they'd been the only siblings who'd known what it had been like. The struggles they'd endured. And though he wasn't as close with either of them he knew he'd miss Andy and Charlie too.

Still... He sighed again. "There's a chance that could change. For me." He started carefully, slowly. "My dad's getting up there in age and he's planning to retire soon, pass Armada on to my nephew. The son of the brother I told you about. I want to give him a chance, want to not just assume he'll be like his father but-" Well he had his doubts. Which Crux knew wasn't exactly fair. But he'd learned scepticism and a healthy dose of caution were necessary to survive. "I don't want to promise anything but there's no guarantee I won't be a free agent sometime soon."

It was a bittersweet thought. He still wasn't ready, not really. And he knew he'd hurt if he had to say goodbye to his siblings but- The idea that maybe sometime soon they'd not have to keep saying goodbye, wondering when they'd next see each other... It was exhilarating. He wanted to stay with her just as much as she did.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
04-24-2024, 10:44 PM

Triss straightened a little, listening as Crux sighed and told her something that was clearly weighing on his mind. She had a feeling this was important to him, and not just for what it might mean for her and Crux. “But you're worried. For yourself and your siblings.” she said softly, wondering if she wouldn’t have to go find this nephew herself and give him a piece of her mind. If he judged Crux and assumed that just because he had crystals growing out of his legs, he couldn’t contribute just as well as anyone else, she would definitely have to go over there.

“I want you all to myself… but I’m willing to share you with your siblings.” she said graciously, flopping a little more against him as she spoke.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

04-25-2024, 01:34 AM

How did she always manage to see right through him? Crux nodded slowly as Triss vocalized some of his worry. "My brother, he broke his leg in the flood. Stubborn asshole refused to stay off it and it healed wrong. He... Well he'll likely never walk the same way again. And he doesn't have the same life experience with it that I do. He doesn't know his limits yet and his pride hasn't adjusted for his new disability. Even assuming the best about my nephew... I have no doubt my brother'd pick a fight he can't win." Not to mention Stratum still hadn't really gotten over the whole thing yet. Much as Crux was beyond tired of hearing his brother complain about something that had been wholly preventable, something that was his own damn fault and something Crux hadn't had the luxury not to deal with... Well, he still wanted to protect his stupid ass.

As Cryptis leaned into him those thoughts were banished for a moment and he shifted his head towards her, voice getting low. "You're a better wolf than me." Crux sought to gently nose at Triss' side. "I don't think I could share you." There was a tiny bit of a growl there, not threatening but maybe a little bit jealous. He knew she loved her own family and Crux wasn't about to ask her to abandon them, least of all for him, but the idea of having to fight for her attention did make his stomach twist uncomfortably.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
04-25-2024, 01:40 AM

He explained a little more about his brother, and what had happened to him during the flood. She did feel sorry for this brother - because Crux cared about him - but she was mostly just deeply glad Crux had gotten out of it mostly unharmed. She knew how close she had come to losing him, and right when their relationship had just started to bloom.

Whatever her thoughts were on the flood, they fled her when Crux lowered his voice, leaning into her. She felt goosebumps form along her fur, and her attention zeroed in on him. “Oh.” She whispered, something else entering her voice. To distract herself from the sudden intense feelings going through her, she huffed at him. “Well, you don’t have to worry about my siblings. They’re mostly strangers to me anyway. But my mother… She’s my whole world.” there was a tinge of bitterness there too. Speaking of sharing, she didn’t know that she liked having to share Widow.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

04-25-2024, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 02:00 AM by Crux. Edited 1 time in total.)

The slight shift in Cryptis' demeanor didn't go unnoticed but for now it would go unremaked upon, his lips curling into a smile was the only response Crux would give.

Considering his own shakey relationship with his own older siblings he wasn't too shaken up by the idea Triss wasn't exactly on great terms with hers, though the news she had any to begin with did earn a lifting of his brows. He didn't know if they were younger, older, litter mates or what but she must not have been exaggerating about her feelings for them if he was only now learning of them.

As for her mother? Crux's stomach twisted yet again. He couldn't say he blamed her. His mother's passing had happened when he'd been so young and the truth was he'd never really gotten over it. He'd never, ever wish that sort of loss on anyone but especially not Cryptis. Not the sweet but feisty girl who'd come crashing into his life and made a home for herself in his heart. She deserved only good things. Especially after the hand life had dealt her.

Crux frowned exaggeratedly, and "hmm'd" in response. Before he finally spoke again. "Well, I'm sure me and your mother can work some sort of schedule out." In truth the idea of meeting Triss' mom scared him shitless. Not because he had any reason to assume she'd be hostile but simply because he'd never forgive himself if he left a bad impression with her. He was courting her daughter afterall and heck if he wasn't trying his best for her! To distract himself from those thoughts Crux instead went to place kisses slowly down Triss' back. Yes that was much nicer and definitely much less anxiety inducing!

"Triss" & "Crux"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
04-25-2024, 02:06 AM

A burst of laughter caught her by surprise, so sudden that she felt it scrap against her crystals, and she coughed twice, amusement making her breaths a little huffed. “A schedule, huh?” She teased him. “She--” Triss had been about to say ‘she’s shown interest in meeting you’ but the sudden fluttery touch of his mouth against her spine shut her brain down. Her breath became a little hitched, that feeling rising up inside of her again. She’d never felt this way before.

Even the first heat that came with her birthday hadn’t twisted her up quite as much as this had. She shuffled a little, turning onto her side so she could reach him, in turn. She pressed kisses to his chest, and trailed her paw up and down the fur there. “Crux. Do you…” She blushed, and didn’t finish that thought.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

04-25-2024, 10:02 AM

When Triss coughed Crux nearly faltered but instead he forced himself to focus, not stopping but turning his attention to her breathing. The last thing he wanted to do was act like the world was ending over what could just be normal coughs. Gods knew he hated it when someone acted like a simple inconvenience was going to kill him. Luckily it seemed like he'd been right not to, though her breathing hitched she seemed fine, at least if her shifting towards him was any indication. His own mind began to buzz pleasantly as her paws began to trace his chest. It felt like wherever she touched his skin tingled.

This time the "hmmm" that left him was a bit more quizzical. He'd let himself drift somewhat with the pleasant feeling and Cryptis' words took a moment to register. Did he... What? He looked at the young woman, took in her expression and felt heat rise in his own face to match hers.

Was she..? Was she suggesting what he thought she was? It wasn't as if the thought had never crossed his mind or anything, he was a young man after all... But he also just found bliss in simply being around Triss so he hadn't thought to really push the subject... Yet... But it was like every nerve in his body was on fire now that the thought was back in his mind.

Voice low and husky he whispered in her ear. "Do you Triss?" He gave a few very gentle, very careful (she was so small afterall) nibbles at her ear before he watched her carefully. He was worried about two things really.

One: That he'd misinterpreted her meaning and was about to make a pretty damn big fool of himself, if he hadn't already. He would suffer any bruise to his ego for her but that didn't mean it wouldn't hurt.

Or Two: That, if he was correct in his assumption, he'd hurt her. Their size difference wasn't exactly something he could ignore, nor was he naive enough to assume he couldn't easily do harm to her even unintentionally.

Okay there was a secret third worry: That it'd be extremely obvious he was inexperienced, and he'd also look like a fool even if he was right in his assumption.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Listen here, you Waterfall Peak 11:22 PM, 03-18-2024 02:54 PM, 07-18-2024