An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - GoldWordyUnderachieverCritical Fail!
04-23-2024, 12:54 PM
Delphi was unsure whether she should be happy about the news or not. Being named Heidinn’s heir wasn’t exactly a good thing. The fact that it was her and not one of Vidarr’s own blood meant shit was going down the drain faster than expected. Did Vidarr not believe he had time to hold out before the pups turned of age? She hardly agreed she would be of age to lead a pack, let alone a one year old so they wouldn’t be good fits either.

Letting out a sigh, Delphi finishes her day by shutting the gate to the sheep pen. Having finally herded them all into the pen without much failure, she’s tired and ready to turn in. Hoping Strai has the fire lit and warm, she heads straight for their den out on The Stone Steppe.

Once she’s inside, she grabs some water and a piece of dried meat before stretching out over the rug that is place haphazardly in front of their hearth. She was glad she had somewhere that actually felt like home. Waiting for Strai to settle in, Delphi turns her gaze to the boy with a look of apprehension.

“I have news,” she says quietly before aggressively ripping off a chunk of her snack. It was clear she had a lot on her mind.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-23-2024, 10:49 PM
Strai returned with an extra bundle of firewood, just after Delphi entered the den. He placed them to the side where they usually left their firewood, and collapsed onto the rug beside her with a sigh. He was putting rather a lot of effort into perfecting his hunting lately. Trying to prove himself, and reach that level that Vidarr expected from him. It was just taking a little longer than he would have liked.

He grinned cheekily at Delphi “So do I” He said, thinking of the elephant tusk he had scored from that hunt. “But you go first” He said, having the grace to see she looked like some heavy thoughts were cluttering in there. The last time she had news… well, he just hoped this time it wasn’t another death.

"Delphi" & "Strai"
[Image: Au67KGz.png]

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

04-24-2024, 10:23 AM

She looks up to watch him toss the firewood where it belongs. As Delphi aged, she began to appreciate Strai bit more. He was growing into a handsome adult who definitely wasn't bad on the eyes. It wasn't like it was that time of the year for her, but since they'd met, he'd changed. More muscle, more tone, more mature. Delphi admired it and it was clear she didn't mind looking either.

When he plops down beside her, she offers him the remainder of her snack before moving to sit in front of him. While she would rather snuggle up into his arms, pressing her face into his chest, this was a topic she wasn't sure he would be ready for. Inhaling a deep breath, leveling her gaze to his, she comes right out with it. "Vidarr is stepping down and I am taking over," the words are quick, almost a blur as she exhales and lets her shoulders slump slightly. Eyes still on Strai, she gives him a moment, waiting to see his reaction. Was this news crazier than his own?

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-24-2024, 12:30 PM

She pushes her snack towards him, and the day he declined a meal would be the day he died. He bit into it with pleasure, his eyes looking up at her as he ate, wondering what news she had to share today. The look she gave him almost made him choke on the meal, and he cleared his mouthful. Tilting his head a little, and giving her a puzzled expression. Vidarr is… it was lucky he’d cleared his mouth. He still gave a surprised cough all the same.

“What?” He croaked in surprise. “You’re…. Of the whole pack? He asked her in astonishment. There was already an imbalance in their relationship, with her being like family to Vidarr, and him being a slave. But this. This!?

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

04-25-2024, 08:45 AM

Delphi isn't surprised by the look on his face. She knew the news was going to be hard to take. Especially with his position in the pack, knowing that his girlfriend would be stepping up might crush his ego a little bit. Her face wrinkles, feeling sad for Strai, but also proud of herself that Vidarr trusts her enough with this. Slowly, she nods to confirm his question. Yes, the whole pack. The idea is daunting and very terrifying if she were being honest with herself, but she would put on a brave face anyway.

"Things are happening and he needs someone young and determined, someone he trusts," her voice is quiet as she looks away from Strai for a moment. "Vidarr will still be around, but not like he used to be. Said his son, Erik, is going to come up and help out when I need it," letting out a sigh, she brings up a paw to rub at her eyes. "It's a lot to think about it, to adjust to, but I know I can handle it," Delphi puffs up her chest a bit as her gaze returns to Strai. "And I still want you there beside me," there is a pleading glint to her eyes, hoping he understands.

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-25-2024, 11:51 AM

“He couldn’t pick a better wolf than you” Strai said quietly when she told him Vidarr needed someone he could trust. Whatever his own feelings on the matter, he knew the fire that lived in Delphi. The strength of her. He played with the dried food in front of him almost absently, still trying to wrap his mind around the colossal change. He hadn’t chosen to love Delphi. In fact, he had been rather determined to hate her. He had seen her as everything he hated about authority. Spoilt, selfish, stupid. But the more they had fought, the more he had seen her headstrong determination, had seen how nothing could turn her from a path. There was nothing stupid about Delphi.

“What are people going to think? The Heir and the Thrall?” he asked, turning his own insecurities into a joke.

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

04-26-2024, 10:17 AM

Her tail wags as she smiles up at him, feeling a little better about the situation. Inwardly, in a mature manner, she understands how Strai must feel. For as hard as he's worked, she's surprised that Vidarr hasn't promoted him about Thrall. The "Thing" never happened and it makes Delphi wonder just how long the Viking King's descent has been going on.

Strai's question though turns her thoughts from serious to a burst of laughter. "It'll give Maki some juicy details for her story," her smile turns into a smirk as she scoots closer to Strai, putting her face right in front of his. "Besides, maybe I like you being my Thrall," she whispers, a glint of mischief in her eyes.

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-26-2024, 02:05 PM

He scowled at her burst of laughter, but the expression didn’t reach his eyes - which held its own spark of amusement. “Please, no. Anything but a character in Maki’s stories” He groaned with feeling. Surely he was destined for more than that…

When she scooted closer, he wrapped one paw lightly around her side. “I could be your Thrall.” He whispered back at her. “But not your paramor. I’ll be your only, Delphi. I’d kill anyone that tried.” Very few things mattered to the orphan. But no matter how much he loved Delphil, he wouldn’t stand by and watch her find a partner who would rule the pack beside her. Even if him in that position made no sense to him.

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

04-27-2024, 05:42 AM

His paw wraps around her and she scoots in closer. As Strai speaks, Delphi's smile diminishes. What did he mean? Paramor? Her brow furrows a moment, ears falling backward as she begins to understand. Letting out a snort, her head gives a small shake as she pushes away from him. Making space to stand, Delphi turns to Strai and gives him a hard stare, trying to look at stern as she possibly could. It was hard when she was so tiny.

"No one will be taking a spot beside me, understand? You will be my Thrall, my advisor, my most trusted secondary, my heart belongs to you. But politically? As the leader? It will be me and me only. I may be small, but I can't have others thinking some big brute is actually the leader or that I need a bodyguard to follow me everywhere I go," anger bubbles inside her as her muzzle wrinkles into a sneer. "I don't need anyone confused as to who the fuck this pack now belongs to," her eyes narrow, clearly upset that Strai or anyone else would think her weak or stupid enough to go falling for anyone other than him or even wanting a total stranger to lead at her side.

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-27-2024, 11:41 AM

Strai raised a brow as Delphi pushed away from him. She stood before him, clearly intending to make a point. Through valiant effort, he managed not to grin at her tiny form. But he did listen when she spoke, calling him her advisory and secondary. She made her point that politically it would be her up against the world. He hadn’t thought that far ahead yet, her news had caught him by surprise. He didn’t want her to stand alone against the other alphas of the world, even while he wanted nothing to do with the leadership of this pack. He didn’t want Heidinn, he wanted Delphi.

“You don’t need a bodyguard, but I’d still beat up anyone that hurts you.” He said quietly. He felt like so far he’d been failing in that regard. She’d had so much hurt lately, and he’d been able to do nothing to stop it.

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

04-30-2024, 05:47 AM
His words diminish the boiling temper that rises to the surface. She had expected some kind of push back, a fight of sorts, but he received the opposite. A reassurance actually and it made her smooth out, body relaxing and a sigh escaping her lips.

Looking at Strai for a silent moment, a smile spreads across her expression. The mischievous glint in her eye is either worrisome or exciting. “Oh, I’m counting on it,” she replies, winking at Strai before returning to lay back on the rug beside him. “You’re going to be the one responsible of getting me out of any trouble I find,” Delphi teases, a bit of a laugh on her tongue.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-30-2024, 11:53 PM

While Strai didn’t mind a fight - in fact, he quite looked forward to his spits with Delphi - He also felt that it was important that she understood that he would have her back in this. He wanted nothing to do with power or leadership, and he might take some time to wrap his head around this change But he had her back.

“Getting you out of trouble?” He spluttered in surprised amusement. “I’m more likely to get us, into trouble, aren’t I?” He grinned, rolling over, and half on top of her. She didn’t really think he was responsible enough for that, did she?

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Thrall, Sit! Fenrir's Maw 12:54 PM, 04-23-2024 03:55 PM, 06-10-2024