gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
04-28-2024, 06:15 PM

Tripwire. It was an underused tool. Not enough wolves cared to fuss with it. Instead, they wanted to just run things down. Well, Kaino liked to work smarter, not harder. The lavender and smoke fae had traded one of her lower quality furs for a long roll of twisted metal rope. She imagined that it would be easy to run one of the horses nearby through such a trap. Once it tripped, it would be easy to make short work of it.

Kaino set about perusing the area. Mint and ice eyes scanned the trees, searching for two that were near enough together to suit her purpose. They needed to be close enough together for the wire to stretch securely, but also open enough that it would look like the ideal path for a prey animal. She also needed ample grass coverage to hide the wire within. It was a tricky situation, but she would eventually find what she was looking for.

"Speech"

Despite being absolutely adorable, Kaino is an adult character that indulges in adult situations. Viewer discretion advised.
[Image: fGJURoI.png]

Eltrys

Vedia
Archdruid

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
04-28-2024, 06:58 PM

"Speech"

Eltrys crept between the slender trees, his nose picking up what his ice blue eyes could not. This place was frequented by beavers, elk and... Horses? Fascinating. This would be a new territory to test his hunting skills and learn something new in.
What's this? He lifted his nose higher over the grasses as he caught the scent of a pack wolf he hadn't encountered before. They must be here to hunt as well.
He spotted the wolf with shades of violet doing something curious between two trees.
"Hello, I am Eltrys, mind if I join you? What technique are you using here?" He asked politely.

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
04-28-2024, 07:06 PM

Mismatched ears flicked towards the sound of a male voice and, as Kai swung her equally mismatched gaze towards him, she gave a brilliant smile. Giving her delicate skull a cute little tilt, she motioned towards the large spool of twisted wire around her neck. "Hello, Eltrys. I'm Kaino, but you can call me Kai." The woman smiled yet again. Clearly she was the pleasant sort.

"I plan to string this wire between two sturdy trees and force a little horsey to trip." As she spoke, she saw exactly what she'd been looking for. One silver gloved paw motioned for him to follow. "These trees are the perfect distance apart, the path between has been run by prey before and the grass cover will hide the wire." Perfection. Thank you, Gods.

Kai began to unwind the wire, giving one end to Eltrys to hold. "You tie your end around that tree as tightly as you can, then I'll make up the slack with my end. It has to be tight with very little give. Understand?"

"Speech"

Despite being absolutely adorable, Kaino is an adult character that indulges in adult situations. Viewer discretion advised.

Eltrys

Vedia
Archdruid

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
04-28-2024, 08:00 PM

"Speech"

A pleasant femme with a cute smile, Eltrys dipped his head greeting in kind and eagerly listened to her instructions.

As she explained the wire Eltrys looked around for such a position just as she spotted one herself and motioned to follow her.
"Intriguing... The wire will hardly be seen." He commented observing the path and the lush grass.

He took the end offered him and carefully made his way to the tree she indicated. Lashing it to the tree was harder than braiding a leather strip and tougher than it looks. He found out how to twist it tightly and nodded for her to gather the slack.

"How'd you come by this trick?" He asked, probably for the time letting a more casual grammar enter his lexicon, slowly adopting the ways of his new homeland.

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
04-29-2024, 05:33 PM

Kai was pleased when the earthen brute took the wire and went to his side to string it up. She waited until he had his side secured, then worked to secure her own. Using a thick stick, she wound the wire around it and twisted, drawing the metal tighter and tighter until there was barely any slack. Slack meant that the wire might be pushed by the wind. If a horse caught even the smallest glint of sun on metal or the smallest hint of something being amiss, it would balk and the trap would fail.

Eltrys asked how she'd come up with such an idea and the smokey woman laughed softly. "You'll come to find out that I'm a very clever lady," Clever, witty, playful, terribly vain, full of herself, you know... all of that good and bad stuff. "In reality, my father taught me. I was a very good student." She'd taken the lesson and improved it.

Dusting off her silver gloved paws, Kai turned to the chocolate colored brute, her bobbed tail flicking back and forth like a little rabbits. "Now we choose a horse and make it run this way. You up for it, big guy?"

"Speech"

Eltrys

Vedia
Archdruid

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

04-29-2024, 08:03 PM

"Speech"

Eltrys walked over as she was taking up the slack and noticed how she used the stick as a handle. It made it even tighter!
He let his gaze follow the wire he could see until it veritably disappeared. If he got close to it he could see it easily but backing up a bit it could easily be mistaken for a spiders web in the corners.

He lifted his brow as she responded to his question saying she was a clever lady. "No doubt." He said dryly. Was she flirting? He was far too dense for it, his ice blue eyes were keen for only one other.

Ah she learned from her father. Clever and lucky.

He nodded his head with a gruff affirmative, "you may lead the way." He replied politely.

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
04-29-2024, 08:17 PM

Gods, had she been able to hear the mans thoughts, she would have laughed herself silly. Kaino flirted with everyone, Man, woman, everything in between. It was just her way. She was confident and charismatic. Flirting was second nature. It didn't mean that she was interested in him in the slightest. Sorry, guy.

Eltrys confirmed that he was ready and Kai nodded. She gave a little salute with one paw and marched off through the tall grass towards the river where the horses were drinking and grazing. She could hear their horsey sounds, huffing and puffing and nickering and all that. Gently parting the grasses, she looked at the herd. It wasn't terribly large, which was fine. Less chance of being trampled.

As she scanned the different horses, Kai noted that one of the older mares had slash marks down one haunch, likely from a big cat or a bear. Nudging Eltrys, the lavender woman whispered. "That one. You get on one side. I'll get on the other. Even if she sees the wire, she won't be able to jump it well. You agree?"

"Speech"

Eltrys

Vedia
Archdruid

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

04-30-2024, 03:42 PM

"Speech"

The ranger followed the silver and violet female closer to the smell of horses. He wasn't at all used to being flirted with and had always struggled with attentions of that nature. He had only come to the realization recently that he was technically allowed to flirt now away from his cultish religious sect.

He crouched beside her, listening to the huffs and thuds of the creature's pawing. He hadn't seen many horses before and was surprised by their size. He was just trying to get the look of them when Kaino pointed out one. He picked it out fairly easily. She was right, it seemed to have come across a beast larger than them. Despite their size, the idea should be relatively the same between horses and deer. He might even get a nice portion to take back for the pack without much pushback from the woman.

"Agree," He said simply, nodding. He slunk into the grass with practiced ease, his chest fur nearly grazing the soil as he slowly came about the other side of the horses. Closer... closer... he tiptoed toward the one they planned to take and waited for the signal.

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
04-30-2024, 04:24 PM

With the target chosen, now it was time to run. Eltrys went and got into position, Kai assumed. She didn't check to see if he was in place, her gaze being locked upon her prey. The injured mare wandered closer to the edge of the grass where the wolves lay in wait. It was time.

With a snarl, Kaino ripped from the grass, sharp canines snapping at the horses hocks to send the herd into motion. As the duo ran their quarry towards the trap, the other horses took the opportunity to split off. Kai let them go. They only needed one horse, afterall. Not like they could each carry one back home, eh?

Kaino ran along one side of the equine, her svelte frame flying with ease across the relatively flat plain of the dam. Yes, she had to dodge an aspen here and there, but it was nothing to a wolf with quick reflexes. Plus the injured mare was struggling to move as quickly as she should have been able to. Up ahead the tripwire loomed and Kaino recognized the pair of trees. All they had to do was lead the horse through and it was time for lunch.

"Kaino Saxe"

Eltrys

Vedia
Archdruid

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

04-30-2024, 05:16 PM

"Speech"

They waited for the mare to come closer, a noticeable limp under the scratches. Oh yes, this will do just fine.

When Kaino appeared with a snarl Eltrys followed suit a heartbeat after with a growl. He ran hard on the mare's heels, ducking out of the way of a different horse intent to trample him. He snarled and snapped at it then turned back to their original quarry, nearly getting kicked in the face by the injured mare. These were intense prey! Observing his lesson he pulled along the other side of the mare from Kaino and snapped at its heel to urge it further. Kaino's light frame made quick work over the ground while Eltrys thundered a whisper behind.

As the twin trees with the wire appeared ahead Eltrys eased up his pursuit for just a breath. Then pulled forward just before the mare could have a moment to decide to avoid the trees. Together the wolves drove the horse through the wire!

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
04-30-2024, 06:57 PM

Finally, the mare was ready to fall into their trap. Kaino leaped over the wire but the horse did not. The horse groaned in pain as its forelegs caught the wire and it went crashing hard into the ground. The amaranthine fae wasted no time in leaping upon the horse and latching her teeth just behind the curve of the equine's jaw. She hoped that Eltrys would help to keep the mare on the ground.

In time, the horse's thrashing gradually stopped. Only then did Kaino release her hold and toss herself backwards into the grass. She panted for a moment and gave a little stretch and roll. "Good job, big guy," she spoke from her place upon the cool grass. "Take what you want, just leave me the pelt, eh?" Yeah, eating the horse wasn't the plan. Meat was nice too, but Kaino, lover of unique furs, just wanted the dappled hide as a rug for her den.

"Kaino Saxe"

Eltrys

Vedia
Archdruid

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

04-30-2024, 07:55 PM

"Speech"

When the horse went down the earthen male dove in for its vulnerable underbelly. He held it down and tore into it. He spilled its entrails over the earth. The mare's scream gurgled and strained against Kaino's grip on its throat.

When it finally ceased its thrashing, Eltrys walked over to the prone femme, quietly whispering a grateful prayer over the beast then lay down panting nearby.

"It was a good hunt." He growled back appreciatively. With a sigh after a good stretch, he got up and grabbed his hunter's portion, a piece to refresh him and give him the energy to haul as much as he could carry back.

"I'll remember your clever trick Kaino, Thank you, the hide is yours." He dipped his head and got to work trying to get as big as possible pieces he could easily carry over his broad shoulders. When he was satisfied he could carry that much he started his journey back to the pack.  

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A Snacky Snack Commeth Aspen Dam 06:15 PM, 04-28-2024 01:04 PM, 07-16-2024