size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Aislyn

ScarredSnake EyesCritical Fail!
05-13-2024, 10:23 PM
Beneath a midnight sky dancing in the colors of the aurora borealis, Nimue is standing tall on top of a rather large boulder. She’d hoisted herself onto it, using her new claw accessories to help her in the pursuit. And now that she was perched on it, she was growling and swiping at something below, similar to a feline swatting at an annoying littermate. “Go away!” She says, catching the dog’s nose with her claws, which made it yelp. A whine followed, but the large canine still wouldn’t leave, even after it chased Nimue across the plains and wouldn’t leave her the hell alone.

The dog said something about Chimera commanding it to follow her around; said he was a gift from the monochromatic male, to help keep her safe. Yeah right. He wanted to keep tabs on her probably, because he could barely leave his den anymore. Last she saw him, he looked like a skeleton, his three wives clinging to his bony body. His weakness was starting to make her resent him, but more than anything, she felt sorry for him. Even if he was weak, he’d taken her in and given her a home. Not that she asked for one, but he’d never mistreated her. Hmpf. Why did shit have to turn out this way?

The dog released another woof, wagging its tail and encouraging her to come down and interact with it. But Nimue was stubborn, so she’d swipe at it again, growling and trying to drive it away.

"Nimue Vasanti"

Caution: Nimue is unpredictable, ornery, & loves to fight!

Barghest

Obscura
Philosopher

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (280)

An icon representing the specialty Blessed Blessed

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualPride - Pansexual
05-16-2024, 06:43 PM
Would Estie be Estie if she wasn’t lurking about, looking for something to grasp her interest in these trying times? Obviously, recently, that meant sniffing out the trail of her father’s ward. They had been running into each other quite often as of recent – definitely not because Barghest kept tracking her down – But upon finding the small girl? Comedy. Pure comedy.

The mottled girl padded softly up to observe Nimue's actions from a distance, humor for the scene and pity for the whining dog fills her. Perched atop a boulder, Nimue uses those feisty claws to swipe at the dog below, growling with irritation at it. Poor thing. But it was damn funny to see her like this. A proper cat up a tree, hissing at a dog below.

Despite the dog's attempts to engage her, Nimue remains stubborn, rebuffing his advances with aggression. The canine, loyal and eager for her attention, persists in his efforts to connect with her, wagging his tail in hopeful anticipation. Ah, a well trained dog, just as her father always maintained. Barghest shook the cynical thoughts that came with that musing away, her paws leading her out into the open with a huff of air. “Nimue,” She begins, her contradictory figure approaching with a sway in her hips. “You know if you don’t like him around, give him an order, a goose chase – they like purpose. They really are very devoted. I have two. Haven’t you heard of a dog’s unconditional love?” She smirks, brows moving up and down as she makes her suggestion.

""

Barghest is an androgynous woman, meaning she exhibits both masculine and feminine traits at the same time.

Nimue

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Master Intellectual (270)

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Aislyn

ScarredSnake EyesCritical Fail!
05-19-2024, 01:09 PM

No matter how hard she tried to drive the dog off, it didn’t work. The stupid thing stayed there , staring at her, trying to get her to engage and accept it. Panting and barking, spewing saliva from its floppy jowls. Yuck.  Couldn’t Chimera have chosen a better spy? A raven or something? Anything could have been better than a dog. 

Of course, Estie would show up; why wouldn’t she? She always seemed to be popping out of the woodwork when something was going on with Nimue. The two of them gravitated towards each other, unintentionally of course. Even though sometimes Estie stalked Nimue, and Nimue stalked Estie. But it was purely out of curiosity, and the possibility of some fun. Because they always seemed to find trouble together. 

But right now, Nimue wasn’t in trouble. She was annoyed.

Estie calls her name, and she shifts her amethyst eyes in the girl's direction. A little scowl contorting her features, when Estie tells her what to do. “Never been one for unconditional love.”   She retorts, snarky and irritated. “Besides, it doesn’t matter what I do, this damn thing won’t leave. Give it a command, it just finishes and comes right back.”  She turns back to the dog, who is whimpering and sitting on its rump. It raises, sitting pretty in front of Nimue. And she’s not impressed. “He couldn’t have picked something better?”  By he, she means Estie’s father. “A raven? A hawk?”  She scoffs. “A bird is better at stalking than a dog.”  She’s still convinced Chimera sent it to watch over her. To control her in his absence.  And she wants nothing to do with it.

"Nimue Vasanti"

Caution: Nimue is unpredictable, ornery, & loves to fight!

Barghest

Obscura
Philosopher

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (280)

An icon representing the specialty Blessed Blessed

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualPride - Pansexual
06-01-2024, 01:10 AM

Barghest chuckled, the sound a low, rumbling purr in her throat as she sauntered closer to Nimue and her dog. She kept her distance though, so she didn't peeve off her father’s ward. “Oh, Nim, don’t be so hard on the poor creature! He’s just doing what he’s told, loyal to a fault.” She settled herself on the ground, reclining against a rock with a relaxed grace, her eyes twinkling with amusement at the use of the sudden nickname. It was all so silly, but she understood just how stubborn and headstrong Nimue was. Maybe she’d like to poke at her, push buttons, see what made her tick? Estie wasn’t sure yet. Time to find out?

“Come on down, join me. Let’s have a chat, just you and me.” The mottled fae coaxed, patting the space beside her invitingly with a mischievous smirk. But she doubted it would take only that much. “Leave the dog be for a bit. He’s harmless and, honestly, quite funny in his own way.” Between the drool and the desperation, she meant. Barghest’s sharp gaze softened as Nimue mentioned the ‘he’, which was obviously her father. Sick, bed ridden, and- well. Barghest didn’t dwell on that. So she continued speaking, a hum in her rather masculine voice as she avoided that troublesome line of thought, “And as for my father’s choice,” She began with a wry grin, her tone light. “I suppose he sees some value in a dog’s loyalty that a bird might lack. Ravens and hawks are clever, sure, but they’re not quite as devoted. Not to mention, they don’t have those endearing floppy jowls.” The young woman added with a wink, erupting into laughter as she pointed at Nimue’s dog with one of her metal taloned claws.

After a few moments Barghest let out a soft sigh, her expression turning thoughtful. “You know, Nimue. I grew up without too many worries. Dealing with things I didn’t want to have been few and far between. So, come on down, sit with me. We can figure this out together. Besides, I want to know why my father took a liking to you. Though I think I already know.” She extended her hand, a gesture of friendship and solidarity despite Nimue’s distance from her, Estie’s eyes holding a glint of sincerity and a hint of mischief. Why not? Her and Nimue had been in a few tough situations as of late, and… Barghest wasn’t particularly close to any of her siblings anyways. Everything fell apart after Ashen fell.

""

Barghest is an androgynous woman, meaning she exhibits both masculine and feminine traits at the same time.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Whose Dog Is This The Rock Garden 10:23 PM, 05-13-2024 01:24 AM, 07-07-2024