gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu
06-25-2024, 02:14 PM
Ludovic prowled silently through the underbrush, each step slow and a bit clumsy, but only practice would make perfect, right? His gaze was sharp and focused, locked onto his target ahead: one of his sisters.

She was unaware of his presence, just wandering near the den. Ludovic's lips curled into a small, predatory smile. He relished the thrill of the hunt, this the silent game of cat and mouse. Though the stakes were hardly high at all.. Every movement he made was with purpose, his body low to the ground, tail whipping noisily behind him as he wiggled in excitement.

Ludovic's heart beat steadily, his breath controlled and quiet. He closed the distance between them, each step bringing him closer to his goal. His ears flicked back and forth, the snow crunching under his paws — but she wouldn’t hear that, would she?

ludoviciana

Sericea

The Syndicate
Khalif

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Intellectual (80)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
06-27-2024, 06:00 PM

Stood by the edge of the water, looking out at the frozen expanse of Polar Sound. Her creamy white mask framed her thoughtful acidic eyes as she watched the waterfalls in the distance. The late winter chill hadn't yet released its icy grip on the valley, and ice formations glittered magnificently in their frozen splendor. Her slender, yet stubby legs were firm against the cold ground, her bushy tail swishing idly behind her. Her mind was filled with curiosity and questions about the world around her - how the waterfalls freeze, where the seals go during winter, why the whales never came this far up the inlet.

Suddenly, a faint rustling sound met her ears. She blinked, slowly turning her head to look over her shoulder. The underbrush was still, save for a small movement. And there...a pair of eyes, watching her from the shadows. She let out a soft huff of amusement. Of course, it was only Ludo. The scarlet tones of his coat were difficult to miss in the otherwise grey and white terrain. “Caught you!” She exclaimed, whipping herself around to face her brother. What exactly was he planning?

"Sericea Praetor-Inferos"

Ludovic

The Syndicate
Khalif

Expert Fighter (140)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu
06-30-2024, 11:08 PM
She did hear him! Ludovic stepped out from the underbrush, his predatory smile widening as he met his sister's amused gaze. “Almost had you!” He replied with a growl, his voice carrying a playful lilt. The scarlet tones of his coat contrasted sharply with the gray and white surroundings, but he took pride in his ability to remain undetected for as long as he did. Especially with a sister of equal coloration.

He sauntered closer, his tail flicking behind him as he huffed. “I was practicing my stalking,” He said, his mismatched eyes glinting with mischief, his puppy fangs glinting in a smile. “But you’re getting too good at this game.”

He glanced at the frozen waterfalls and the glistening ice formations, his curiosity piqued by her contemplative stance. “What were you thinking about, anyway? The waterfall?”

ludoviciana

Sericea

The Syndicate
Khalif

Advanced Fighter (90)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
07-01-2024, 09:04 AM

A burst of laughter escaped her lips- a sound that was full of warmth despite the chill in the air. “You wish! You were as quiet as a bull seal!” She tossed her head back and continued giggling, her acid-green eyes twinkling with amusement. The once-calm atmosphere of Polar Sound now rippled with lighthearted energy as if it had been waiting for their harmless games. She couldn’t help but try and playfully nudged him with her nose as he drew closer.

Sericea blinked her eyes once, then twice, as if contemplating his statement. She had been practicing, of course, but she never considered the possibility that she was getting better— faster even. "Well," She began, her voice carrying a hint of surprise. "I suppose we'll just have to make the game harder, won't we?" She grinned, her bushy tail sweeping behind her in a display of excitement.

"Partly," Sericea responded, her eyes drifting towards the icy spectacle. The frozen waterfall sparkled under the sunlight, glistening like a sheet of diamonds. “I was just thinking just to think. Coming up with questions to ask Momma.” She turned her gaze back to Ludo, her acidic green eyes reflecting his image in their mirrored depths.

Ludovic

The Syndicate
Khalif

Expert Fighter (140)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu
07-02-2024, 03:34 PM
A boyish chuckle rumbled in Ludovic’s chest, tail waving in the air behind him. “A bull seal? Please. I don't smell nearly as bad.” He teased, nudging her shoulder with his own. “I’ll work on it, then.” His own eyes twinkled with amusement, the boy moving to pace in the snow as he semi-practiced his stalking with a half-grin. But of course it was for show, since he moved right back to her side to be a nuisance that took up too much space, his side brushing up against her roughly.

“I propose we make it our own little greeting, yeah? Can't have you getting too confident, now. I say we always creep up on each other, best two out of three wins.” The boy winked, tail swishing again with excitement. The idea was a simple one, but he was quite proud of it.

He followed her gaze to the frozen waterfall, its beauty captivating even his mischievous mind for a moment. “Questions for Ma, huh?” He echoed thoughtfully, settling into a more reserved demeanor. “Like what?” His curiosity was genuine, matching his sister's inquisitiveness. His paw fiddled with a small rock on the ground, the boy smirking before he swats it off into the water with a puff of his chest. “Let's hear some of those questions, Seri.” He urged, his mismatched eyes gleaming with interest as he rounded on her. “Maybe I can help you come up with a few more.”

ludoviciana

Sericea

The Syndicate
Khalif

Advanced Fighter (90)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
07-03-2024, 03:49 PM

A loud, high-pitched giggle broke from Sericea's lips, her bushy tail wagging furiously as she took a playful step back. "That's just because you've never smelled a bull seal," she replied, her jovial tone laced with a hint of mischief. She watched as Ludo paced in the snow, his playful antics causing a second wave of laughter to bubble up within her. But as he moved back towards her, invading her personal space with a rough nudge, her laughter subsided and she flashed him a mock-glare. "You're on," Sericea accepted the challenge, her voice full of determination. "But prepare to lose." She smirked, her acidic green eyes dancing with a competitive fire.

Sericea paused, regarding her brother with a tilted head. The playful banter was expected, but the invitation to share her thoughts caught her off-guard. "Well," she began slowly, her acidic green eyes wandering up to the frozen waterfall, the icy crystals reflecting the pale lighting. "I just want to understand... everything. How does the waterfall freeze like that, yet still seem so alive? How does the snow fall so lightly, but cover everything in its path? Why do some stars shine brighter than others?” She paused, looking back at Ludo, her brows furrowing slightly before flashing a playful grin. “What are your questions?”

Ludovic

The Syndicate
Khalif

Expert Fighter (140)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu
07-04-2024, 01:48 AM
Sericea was probably the most similar to him, in looks and in temperament, and Ludovic relished the connection. She teased him, that competitive smirk and the spark in her eyes bringing the girl to life in his eyes. He would be sure to make her pay for those words. “Those are some deep questions,” He mused, a small awed tone and a cocked brow of contemplation aimed at his sister. “The waterfall freezes… because of the cold? But if you listen, the water is still flowing underneath. Is that how it’s alive? I don’t know about the snow. And the stars? ... maybe they shine brighter because they have something special inside them.” A twitch of the boy’s ears, a subtle tremble of his lips, reminiscent of their mothers when she could not control her expression.

He paused, thinking over her question. “As for my own questions, hmm...” He looked up at the sky, his expression thoughtful as he leaned back on his sister obnoxiously. “Why does the wind whisper secrets? How do the trees know when to shed their leaves? What makes the scent of mother so comforting?” He glanced back at her, a smirk playing on his lips. “And why do you always seem to have the best questions, Seri?” Ludovic nudged her shoulder again, his playful nature resurfacing as he gave her a cheeky grin. “One mystery at a time.”

ludoviciana

Sericea

The Syndicate
Khalif

Advanced Fighter (90)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
07-05-2024, 05:29 PM

Sericea playfully pushed her brother from where he leaned against her, a shake of her head and a bemused grin upon her face. "Hmm, there's that competitive spirit again," She commented light-heartedly, though she tended to agree with Ludo's responses to her inquiries. Her gaze turned thoughtful at his questions, her head tilting slightly as she considered each one.

"The wind... well, it carries the voices of everything it touches," she began, in her soft and thoughtful voice, "The rustling of leaves, the whispers of the grass... even our own voices are carried on the wind. Maybe that's why it seems to whisper secrets. As for the trees, maybe they just get sleepy? I don’t know.” Her green eyes sparkled with fascination, her mind racing with new thoughts and discoveries. "Momma's scent... it's probably because it's so familiar to us. And we know she loves us ... so she smells like love.” she mused, her gaze drifting toward the direction of their family’s den.

"And as for my questions..." she began, a lively glint in her eye as she turned to face him, "I think a question is just a question. Your questions are good too!” Sericea insisted, a grin on her lips as she teased him gently. "Maybe you should just ask more of them?" She answered in amusement. Afterall, practice was supposed to make perfect.

Ludovic

The Syndicate
Khalif

Expert Fighter (140)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu
07-14-2024, 12:05 AM
Ludovic laughed, pushing back gently against Sericea with a playful shove of his own. “Competitive spirit? You mean pure curiosity. He countered with a mocking wink. He listened intently to her musings, appreciating the tone she always carried when she was deep in thought. She took things as serious as he did, at least. Maybe that was why they were so in sync.

“Voices of everything it touches, huh? I like that. Makes the wind sound… wise.” He said, nodding in agreement. “But the trees? Getting sleepy…? That's a question. Maybe they do need a nap after all their hard work. Making shade. Rustling leaves. They make roosts for the ravens too.” He grinned, his tease evident.

When she mentioned their mother's scent, he couldn't help but stop his antics and smile softly, looking in the direction of their den as well. “Love… momma smells like love. It’s warm. Yeah. It’s… I don’t know, forever? Do smells last forever?” The boy shared a brief display of whimsy, his mismatched eyes gleaming in memory before he shook himself back to reality.

He grinned wider at her teasing. ”Well, if my questions are good too, then maybe we make a good team. I'll just have to keep asking more and more, until we uncover all the mysteries of the world, yeah?” The boy said, his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. “And who knows, maybe one day we'll have all the answers. But until then, I'll keep practicing with you.” He offered, a playful thing.

ludoviciana

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Look Alive, Stay Alive The Polar Sound 02:14 PM, 06-25-2024 05:59 AM, 08-21-2024