Advanced Intellectual (100)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - AromanticSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Snake Eyes
Pride - Demisexual
07-05-2024, 12:03 PM
Onyx had been coming out to the knolls recently, surprising since she much preferred the winter temperatures of the north and not so much the warming plains. She was taking in the last of the winter snows that were mostly all melted puddles now. Good for spring she supposed.

She was just out on a stroll, no plans for the day. She felt a lot better being outside the pack as much as she wanted to try and make things work for herself. She wasn't social, she didn't like big crowds. She didn't like the more opportunity to face anyone the second she walked out of her den in the morning. And she did it all for that better life for herself. How peachy.

She took a seat as she watched the Bison off in the distance. If anything learning by watching. Their herding techniques, the way they interacted. She had assumed this may be where she came to hunt for prey often. So she would just watch and observe for today.

"Onyx Destruction"
F2U base by Snowylaika
Mature! For foul language. Can be prone to violence.

Finch II

Avalon
Apprentice

Intermediate Healer (30)

Advanced Intellectual (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Xarae
07-05-2024, 12:36 PM
Finch sang softly to herself as she worked, collecting some small new seedlings to transplant from the plains back to the gardens of Avalon. The more they could grow for themselves, the more self sufficient they'd be in the long run. It was necessary work, although she enjoyed it so much she didn't even think of it as labor. She had a few ceramic bowls that had leather knots attached to either side to make them easier to drag along back towards her home. Finch stood up and stretched thoroughly, wiggling all of her toes. She was covered up to her belly in wet loamy soil, but she was quite content. The spritely young female turned to begin dragging her haul of greenery home when she caught sight of a stranger up on the hillside.

She was young, still - and inexperienced. Finch hadn't yet met someone decidedly unfriendly, so she shook off the worst of the mud and padding over to introduce herself. When she got close enough to be within earshot, she called out a soft: "Hello!"

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - AromanticSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Snake Eyes
Pride - Demisexual
07-05-2024, 12:49 PM
Onyx was lost in the natural sounds of the wind and plains as the younger girl called out to her. Once she realized she was in company of someone else, she rolled her eyes slightly hopefully outside of view of the girl before turning more to look at her. "Hi." She responded less than warmly but well for herself she would say. She didn't smile, but she didn't show her teeth so that was good, right?

Onyx looked the girl up and down really quickly, noticing the amount of mud and dirt on her. Onyx didn't care much for dirt either, so it wasn't as off putting as it could have been for a first impression. She could tell the girl was busy at work getting her paws dirty. That was fine with Onyx. "You are from the pack south of here?" She questioned, just vaguely remembering the scent from being out this way so much. "I live in the pack just east of here, Hemlock." She straightened out her back a bit though didn't stand to shake paws or anything. "Onyx Destruction." She introduced in some weird way. Though if the girl had stopped to say hello, then she was probably willing to swap names. Easy enough to get it over with now.

"Onyx Destruction"
F2U base by Snowylaika

Finch II

Avalon
Apprentice

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Xarae
07-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Finch's tail was cautiously wagging in greeting as the woman slowly turned and asked which pack she'd hailed from. "Yes, exactly! Avalon," she replied courteously. Hemlock had once been led by a different wolf and she vaguely remembered strained relations with the pack when she was a child, but Finch only had the foggiest ideas what for. Corbie had seemed to warm up to them as of late, though, and they hadn't been warned against reaching out to the surrounding packs. Finch liked things as they were - pleasantly neutral all around, with Avalon standing alone as a little sanctuary. "I've heard of Hemlock, do you like it there?" she chirped, tilting her head to the side. She wondered what plants might be found growing within the depths of the mountain - certain mosses and fungi she'd never seen before, likely.

"Oh! Destruction? Well, I'm Finch Destruction!" She said eagerly, her eyes wide. "My father is Corvus, my mum is Twig, they used to live in a pack called Abaven a while ago,..." she babbled on and on, excitement zinging through her blood. They were relatives! The excitement overtook reason, which slowly sank in as her tittering ended. The Destruction family huge. "But... It is a pretty big family, I'm not really sure if we're related at all, really," she ended, sounding just a touch deflated.

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - Demisexual
07-05-2024, 01:33 PM
Her lip twitched with a bit of thought, maybe showing her not typically liking being in the pack. But still, "I just joined pretty recently. They seem pretty well off though." Onyx didn't really know much about Avalon as long as it had been around. Probably just as much as she knew of the Armada. Just knew they were there and not to step on any toes. Hemlock was even less than that to her if that was even possible. But Delphi had been kind enough to give her a shot she supposed.

The girl did catch her attention though as she mentioned she was also a Destruction. She had only met one other before if that was hard to believe. She also knew their family was long and far across their known lands. "My father is Song." That didn't really mean much in relation, she couldn't say she knew any of the girl's family. "We've always been pretty secluded in the north, so I'm not surprised I wouldn't know you." Not rudely, just facts. Being somehow related to this... wiggly girl was actually making her pretty tolerable for Onyx. She wasn't too bad. They just weren't much the same. Onyx may have been a black sheep of the Destructions. And maybe she was okay with that. "You don't look like you were ready for any meet and greets though." Onyx dryly joked mentioned that state of her coat due to the healer things she had wandered out here for.

"Onyx Destruction"
F2U base by Snowylaika

Finch II

Avalon
Apprentice

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Xarae
07-05-2024, 01:53 PM
Pretty well off for a pack that dwelled in the mountains was certainly interesting. Finch twitched her tail a bit at the thought, wondering what resources were available to them down in the dark caves. There were so many different environments across Boreas and Auster, she could only begin to guess. She tilted her head at the name Song - no, it didn't really ring any bells for her, just like the the names of her relatives hadn't rung any for Onyx. "Ah, yes - the North does kind of stand alone," she mused. The Armada now made up a great portion of it, with its bustling market the last real vestige of pack life before you traveled beyond into the bitter cold. She wondered what it must have been like to grow up in a place like that. So cold and often dark.

Finch glanced down at her muddy pelt and grinned. "What? I don't have a clue what you mean! I'm just a wolf hard at work," she said, with a tiny bit of a chuckle. She gestured towards the fields beyond with her shoulder, then turned to sit a comfortable distance away from Onyx and observed the buffalo. "What brought you out this way today? I've been watching this herd for a while," she stopped and pointed with her nose more precisely at a large, over-pregnant cow. The poor thing was almost spherical. "I think she's due any day now, really." That was what Spring so often brought - new life.