gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

07-06-2024, 10:39 AM

In the depths of dreams, Mariah found herself once more in the cold grip of her recurring nightmare. She felt her body tense even in sleep, her senses filled with the ominous echo of impending terror as she was assaulted over and over again. The jet-black void around her pulsed with an insidious life, like the sickening heartbeat of a monstrous creature - one in particular. Her skin crawled with a visceral dread, each hair standing on end as if electrified by the paralyzing fear coursing through her veins. Even behind clenched eyelids, tears began to flow down her cheeks - soaking into her pillow. The crimson tips of her ears twitched in response to the laughing and degrading taunts, while the silver markings around her eyes seemed like glaring beacons of vulnerability in the oppressive darkness.

Her unconscious body trembled in fear, the nightmarish echoes of Moros' voice rippling through her mind like a venomous tide. Each word fell like a hammer, shattering her mental defenses and pushing her further into a corner of despair. The dread was palpable, constricting around her in an unyielding coil as she fought to escape Moros' cruel clutches as he took her against her will. Torturing her. Using her body against her. She thrashed against him as he held her down. “No! Stop!” She whined in a voice that weighed heavy by sleep. It was echoed by her physical form, her body writhing and squirming against the cold furs, limbs flailing as if to fend off an invisible attacker. Beads of sweat trickled down her face, dampening the fabric beneath her, while her whimpers filled the otherwise tranquil den.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
07-06-2024, 10:41 AM

It was the writhing, the whimpers that awoke him. At some point in the night, she had moved away from him, her thrashing figure illuminated by the soft glow of candlelight. He rose, immediately understanding that she was having a nightmare, that there was no tangible foe for him to face to ease her suffering. He stalked forward, gaze intent on her face, in panic there. It caused his hackles to rise, his lips to pull up in displeasure. Caedes crouched beside Mariah, his expression souring with each pained whimper that escaped her lips. The sight of her trembling and the tears soaking her fur tore at him. His usually firm emerald gaze softened as he took in the full extent of her distress, and he desired nothing more than to take her pain away. He gently placed his paw on her shoulder, feeling the cold sweat matting her fur.

“Mariah.” The dire brute whispered, his voice a gentle rumble to not scare her, but imbued with a warmth and tenderness he reserved only for her. He brushed his muzzle against her cheek, his breath warm and steady, trying to anchor her in the present. To reality. “Mariah, wake up. It is a dream, you are safe.”

His muscled form was a blend of tension and protectiveness, taut as if ready to battle whatever demons haunted her dreams. Yet, his touch remained gentle, caressing her fur in slow, soothing motions.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (265)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

07-06-2024, 10:43 AM

Her spirit fluttered, momentarily breaking through the thick fog of nightmares at the sound of her name. It was a spark of clarity amid the suffocating anguish that consumed her. But even as she struggled to grasp onto this glimmer of hope, the torturous tendrils of her nightmare clung to her stubbornly. Moros' laughter still echoed in her ears, his monstrous form looming over her like a grotesque shadow. She felt a touch, solid and real, and her muscles tensed immediately in response. Mariah's reaction was immediate, instinctual. With uncoordinated movements, she lashed out with splayed jaws, snapping at the sudden touch that jostled her. In her half-awake state, every sensation felt like Moros' violent touch, and she fought against it with all her might - however feeble it may be. Her silver gaze flickered open - pupils dilated in fear as they caught the dim light of the den. But even as she tried to make sense of her surroundings, she didn't recognize where she was. Completely overwhelmed by terror, she couldn't trust her own senses or thoughts. Her heart pounded violently against her rib cage, each beat echoing her raw fear and desperation for escape.

“Get away from me!” She yelped, her voice high-pitched and trembling with fear as she desperately tried to escape the grip of her attacker. Her body twisted and contorted, fighting against the hold and desperate to create distance between herself and the looming figure above her. But as she looked up, her eyes widened in confusion and disbelief as they met the gentle emerald gaze of the dire brute crouching next to her. His emerald eyes seemed gentle and concerned, yet they were alien, unfamiliar. Not the soulless black eyes of her assailant. Her confusion deepened, fear constricting her throat as she tried to reconcile the disconnection. Her memories of Moros, the nightmare, the horrifying violation, clashed with the sight of her soulmate, with whom she didn’t recognize.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

07-06-2024, 10:44 AM

Caedes barely flinched as Mariah's jaws snapped at him. His muscles tensed, yes, but he stood firm, his ears flicking back and his eyes narrowing slightly. Meticulous gaze seeking answers as the sting of her bite came; barely registering compared to the agony of seeing her so terrified. He held his ground, his massive frame unmoving as her distress enveloped them both. But even as her teeth bet his flesh, he knew… she needed to release whatever terror gripped her. His tail was low and still – submission to her frantic attacks. Accepting her ire.

“Mariah… Hear me.” The brute said softly, his voice a rough plea that cut through the chaos of her whimpers and yelps as he stood still. His ears perked forward, straining to hear any change in her breathing. As if he could find a sigh of her wakefulness, or at least a calmer breath being taken at his voice.

As she fought against him, he let her, absorbing her blows without resistance. Each desperate attempt to escape him was met with his unwavering presence, his stone-like body like a promise that he would endure whatever she needed to inflict. His eyes never left her, filled with a deep well of concern and love. Let her harm him. Let her vent. Let him be there for her like she was for him. “The nightmare is over. You are awake.” Caedes continued, his voice steady and calm as he clenched his jaw, his gaze locked on hers. “Look at me. Focus on my eyes. You are in your den, safe and sound.” He leaned closer, his forehead touching hers once more, his breath warm against her fur. His nose brushed gently against her cheek, hoping to pull her back from the abyss of her nightmare with the contact, but knowing he was risking another snap of her jaws. His tail twitched slightly, betraying the turmoil he felt inside.

His touch remained gentle, his paw caressing her fur in slow, soothing strokes. Each caress was a vow, proof of his love and dedication. He allowed her to inflict her fear and frustration on him, absorbing her anguish as best he could. His emerald gaze, softened with an endless pool of adoration tinged with his unique obsessive desire for her, willed her to see him, to recognize the safety and love in his eyes. “Whatever it is, I will not have you face it alone. Hurt me if you must, if it suits you,” The Saxe brute murmured, his voice a steady anchor in a storm. She was his altar of worship. If she wanted blood, she would have it if she needed it.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

07-06-2024, 10:48 AM

Confusion and panic surged through Mariah, a tempest ravaging her already battered mind. Nightmarish visions danced before her eyes, her ears filled with the echoing laughter of Moros. He was there, he was not. She was with Caedes, but she was also alone in the grip of her torturer. Reality blurred and melded with the nightmare, tearing at her sanity. The smell of Caedes, warm and familiar, was overwhelmed by the putrid stench of Moros. She whimpered in fear, her body convulsing as the two worlds collided within her.

Her vision wavered, the world tilting vertiginously as Mariah struggled to grasp his words. Her den? Safe and sound? Yet all she could see was the monstrous form of Moros looming over her, his malicious grin stretching wider with each passing second. She trembled uncontrollably, her claws digging into the bedding beneath her, desperate for something real, something solid. She could feel the warmth radiating from Caedes, his fur brushing against hers, offering silent comfort. Even so, she couldn't shake off the icy tendrils of fear that coiled around her heart.

Her breath hitched as she strained to focus on his words, her mind was a whirlpool of fear and confusion, her heart thundering in her chest like an erratic drum. He wouldn't let her face this alone...? Caedes' voice was a gentle lull in the maelstrom of her torment. The scent of him, earthy and familiar, began to permeate her senses, pushing back against the vile stench of Moros. Mariah pressed her nose into his fur, the physical reality of him a salve against her fears. She trembled still as her body clung to the remnants of terror that had gripped her so tightly. She let out a whimper, soft and fragile, and her silver marked eyes slipped closed, drawing in his scent, his presence. It was just a dream. This was real. Moros was just a dream.

Blinking open her eyelids once more, she was in her den. Safe. In a mess of bedding. But safe. Without looking at him, Mariah let herself fall against Caedes’ chest, her much smaller frame curling into his. His heartbeat was steady, rhythmic, and real beneath her. The sensation of it, the sound, began to seep into her own rhythm until they were synchronized She let out a shuddering breath, her ears flattening against her skull, the crimson tips still glistening with the remnants of cold sweat. Caedes’ voice came like a soft purr, a rumble deep in his chest that spread warmth into Mariah's trembling form. His words were muddied by her fear-addled mind, but his presence was a solid, inarguable fact; comforting in its unyielding reality against the phantoms of her nightmares. She clung to this, the physicality of him, the tangible proof that she wasn't alone.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

07-06-2024, 10:50 AM

When she blinked open her eyes, he saw the dawning realization in her silver gaze. That she was in her den, that he was not an enemy or attacker. This was a relief, but a bitter sweet one as it had happened at all. He could only wonder what had disturbed her so badly… Immediately after her understanding shone on her features, she let herself fall into his chest, her smaller frame curling into his. Caedes wrapped his massive paws around her, a melding of flesh and soul alike as they lay there, her body trembling and his skin stinging dully from her outlash.
He continued to stroke her fur, a careful and steady touch. His eyes staring ahead, at the fire, yearning to take her burdens away and toss them in — to burn the foulness into ash. “I am here.” He whispered, as though his voice could chase off the fear riddling her smaller form. “You are safe. You are not alone.” Yet all he could do was be here to hold her, not enter her nightmare and make it right.
As her breathing began to synchronize with his, he felt the tension gradually leave her body. He continued his work, speaking soothing words into her ears. “You have me.” The brute said softly, his voice filled with the deep love he held for her. “I will not let anything harm you.” Though, he could not do much when it came to her dreams, a thought that made the corner of his maw curl in distaste.
He held her close, his emerald gaze filled with a fierce protectiveness if she peeked up at him at all. He wasn’t sure whether to question her or not, or if this was a common event he’d not been privy to until now. The answers could wait though, he did not want to push her while she still seemed to be shaken.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

07-06-2024, 11:23 AM

The soothing cadence of his voice, the rhythm of his heartbeat against her own - that was what brought her back. His whispers threaded through her consciousness like a lifeline, guiding her back to reality. She was still trembling as she burrowed into his chest, her tears seeping into his dark fur. His words washed over her, warm and comforting as the touch of sunlight on a cold winter's morn. They melted into her heart, chasing away the lingering vestiges of terror that still had a hold on her soul. She nodded weakly, acknowledging his vow of protection even as her body relaxed further against him, a tired sigh slipping past her lips. Her eyes fluttered shut, the image of Caedes' concerned emerald eyes burned into her lids. The protective circle of his body encompassing her was what she needed, the sanctuary that shielded her from the relentless trendils of her nightmare. She snuggled deeper into his warm embrace, clinging to him, as if her life depended on him. It did.

It didn’t take long until her wherewithal had truly begun to return. The trembling slowly abated, replaced by a sense of exhaustion as the adrenaline that had fueled her frantic state drained away. And as she achieved realization of what she had done, she was overwhelmed with shock and embarrassment. Mariah’s eyes snapped open, fitting with the sudden dread that filled them. "Caedes..." she whispered, her voice just barely audible as she pulled back from him slightly, her gaze filled with regret and sadness. The corners of her maw curled downwards. "I... I didn't mean..." she stuttered out, the words hanging in the air unfinished. Her chest tightened, guilt gnawing at her like a relentless leech. She had given herself completely to the fear that had devoured her sanity and had drawn him into its sinister fold. In that moment, she reached for his wrist- to hold it up in the light so she could see the damage she had done.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

07-06-2024, 11:26 AM

Caedes saw the distress in Mariah's eyes, the way they shimmered with unshed tears and flickered with fear and shame. Her paw trembled as she reached for his wrist, lifting it into the light to inspect the damage she had inflicted in her panic. He gently grasped her paw with his other hand, halting her motion. His touch was tender, his fingers warm and reassuring against her fur.

“Mariah, look at me,” He said softly, his voice a gentle, rumbling caress. His emerald gaze met hers, steady and filled with understanding. “You did nothing wrong. You were scared, and I was here to help you through it. Do not think to carry guilt.”

He brought her paw to his chest, pressing it over his heart. So she could feel the steady, comforting rhythm of his heartbeat beneath her pads. “Feel this, instead,” The brute whispered, his breath warm in the space between them. “This is my promise to you. As long as it beats, I will be here for you. No matter what sorts of terrors come, I will stand by your side.” His voice was filled with unwavering determination and deep love, each word a vow that resonated with the steady thump of his heart.

Caedes’ eyes never left hers, his expression of strength and tenderness. He held her gaze, willing her to see the truth in his words. His fingers brushed gently over the back of her paw, a gesture meant to comfort and reassure. “Trust in that, and trust in me, Mariah,” He murmured.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

07-08-2024, 11:33 PM

Mariah blinked back tears, her silver eyes locked onto his. His soothing reassurances echoed in her mind, a balm to the guilt that had wrapped its cold tendrils around her heart. She swallowed hard, her throat dry and hoarse. "I... I hurt you, Caedes," she said, her voice barely a whisper, as if the silent confession would lessen the gravity of her actions.

Mariah felt the warmth of his heart beneath her paw, and the rhythmic beat seemed to mirror in her own chest. She blinked, silver eyes softening as they met his, the spark of fear slowly fading away as she absorbed the significance of his words. His words were not just mere sounds but promises breathed into existence, solidifying in the silence of their shared bond. Drawing in a shaky breath, she nodded, the corners of her mouth hinting at a subtle, relieved grin that flickered and faded under the weight of her lingering fears.

Her heart ached at his words, her breath hitching in her chest. "I do," she whispered, her voice barely a rustle in the quiet night. "I trust you, Caedes." She repeated the words, turning them over in her mouth like a prayer she clung onto for dear life. Her gaze never wavered, her words echoing in the stillness of the night, a proclamation of her trust and faith in him. Mariah leaned into his touch, her body melting against his strong frame. The shadows of her fears seemed to recede under the warmth radiating from his body.

She didn’t know quite how to tell him - how she could relive the tale of Moros in her nightmares without allowing the terror to consume her again. The dark void, the helplessness. The feeling of being violated in a space where she was meant to seek refuge. The beastly figure of Moros haunting her, reveling in her fear. How could she make Caedes understand this particular depth of torment it left her in. A shudder ran through her slender frame as she broached the edge of her nightmare, the threadbare veil between imagined horror and reality. Her silver eyes clouded with apprehension, the resilient spark within them flickering like a candle against a chilling gust.

"I..." She paused, gathering strength from the steady rhythm of Caedes heartbeat beneath her touch. "In my dreams..." Her voice broke and she swallowed hard, pushing past the lump in her throat. "Moros... this man... I don’t know him …" Fear sparked in her eyes as those haunting images flashed before her. The dark void, the grotesque form of the monster, the feeling of violation. But she pushed on, for Caedes. She owed him this. Owed herself this. "He...he looks like my father, but not. He is … well, also like me, more red. More sinister.” Her voice was a mere whisper in the cool night air, her words painting a grim picture of the nightmares plaguing her sleep. “Almost every night … I dream of him ..his presence, suffocating and oppressive..." Mariah's words trailed off, her breath hitching as she fought to keep the tremors from her voice. "He...he attacks me in the dreams," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. The confession hung heavy in the air between them. The weight of it seemed to pull at the corners of Mariah's mouth, dragging her lips into a tremulous line as her eyes filled with a silent plea for understanding.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

07-12-2024, 03:52 PM

Caedes took a deep breath, feeling the weight of her trust and the vulnerability in her words. He gently pulled Mariah closer again, wrapping his strong arms around her, enveloping her in a warm embrace. He did not like the sight of her being so frail; and while she may not have been a healthy woman… This was far more worrisome. Her defiant nature was being oppressed, and that he absolutely hated. His touch was tender, his fingers tracing soothing patterns along her back, gentle so he would not incite further fear within her. “I am sorry, Mariah.” He murmured, his voice a steady rumble. “That you are experiencing such nightmares. But know this; Moros may haunt your dreams, but in the waking world, you have me. And I will not let his darkness touch you here.” Protectiveness surged through his veins, with nowhere to go, nothing to unleash on. It burned him deeply, but he did not wish to ruin her vulnerable moment with his own need to banish the thoughts plaguing her.

As he spoke, he pressed his forehead gently against hers, their noses almost touching, his breath warm and reassuring. “I will help you,” He continued softly, his voice a gentle caress. She was dreaming of this phantom attacker every night, to the point where she was adopting a fear-response… his mind and all its clinical workings began to ponder on it. “I do not know how yet, but there must be something I can do to help you sleep easier.”

Caedes paused, letting his words sink in, his hand moving to cradle her cheek, his thumb brushing away a stray tear. His eyes held hers, filled with unwavering determination and love. He leaned in, brushing his muzzle against hers, a tender gesture meant to comfort and reassure. “You are safe now.” He whispered, his breath warm against her fur. “It is a manifestation of fear. If only I could face it for you. But it may serve you well to talk about it more, if it is something to be worked through.”

He felt as though he was getting too driven to provide her solutions however, so he stopped himself there.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

07-12-2024, 10:37 PM

Mariah leaned into Caedes' embrace, her body seeking refuge in the familiar warmth of his arms. The scent of his cologne lingered around her, a comforting reminder of their bond. His words hung in the space between them like a lifeline; a beacon of hope against the relentless darkness that threatened to consume her. She trembled, held upright by his unyielding strength, grateful for his unwavering support. "I...I don't feel safe, Caedes," she admitted with a shaky voice. “I do when I am with you- when I'm awake. But when I close my eyes ..." Her voice broke on the last word, the truth of it slicing through her like a sharp blade, opening up old wounds and fears.

Mariah's tear-filled eyes brimmed over again, yet she refused to break her steadfast gaze with Caedes. His words were like a solid wall, impenetrable and unwavering. His resolve acted as an anchor, offering a shred of stability amidst the chaos that threatened to consume her. With a shaky sigh, she closed her eyes and nuzzled deeper into his warmth, seeking solace and a moment of respite from the overwhelming emotions. “I’m not sure that’s a good idea …” She hesitated, unsure if discussing the situation would truly help or only bring more pain- if not to her, to him. Mariah knew she couldn't keep it bottled up inside forever, but also didn't want to burden him with the weight of her trauma- the very trauma she didn't want to face it alone.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

07-12-2024, 10:46 PM

Caedes held Mariah tightly, feeling the tremors in her body and the weight of her fears. He gently stroked her back, his fingers running comfortingly through her fur. “Mariah,” He began softly, his voice a gentle murmur against her ear, “It may not comfort you much, but even when you close your eyes, when you dream, I am here for you. Even if you cannot see me, or feel me.” He paused, pressing a tender kiss to the top of her head, hoping it would provide some solace, a reminder that she could wake from her nightmares to find him by her side.

He pulled back slightly, gently cupping her face in his hands, his thumbs brushing away the tears that threatened to spill over. His emerald eyes locked onto hers, filled with steely resolve. “You do not have to carry this burden alone,” The brute said softly. “You did not let me endure my grief alone, and I will not let you face this alone either.”

Caedes leaned his forehead against hers, their noses almost touching, bearing down on her with affection. “I know it is hard to relive nightmares.” He continued, his voice low, careful.. “But sometimes, sharing them may help lessen their grip on you. You are strong, Mariah, but you do not have to be strong by yourself.” That was his belief.

He wrapped his arms around her again, pulling her into a protective embrace, his chin resting atop her head. “Whenever you wish to talk about it, I will be here to listen.” He whispered, his voice a gentle promise.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

07-13-2024, 04:59 PM

Mariah listened to Caedes' words, feeling their raw sincerity seep into her. A shudder wracked her frame as he finished speaking, his promise resonating within her. She knew she could trust him, had trusted him with so much of herself already, but this...this was a piece of her so fragile, so tainted, that she feared it would stain everything it touched. It was a realm of nightmares where her weakness was laid bare, where the specter of whatever cruelty took the form of Moros, tormenting her with inescapable terror.

Her silver eyes met Caedes' steadfast gaze, the emerald depths reflecting her fear, vulnerability, and the undeniable trust she held for him. In a barely audible whisper, her voice trembled as she spoke, "It... it's always the same, Caedes. Always him... Moros." She paused, a shudder rippling through her slight frame, as if merely speaking the demon's name had given life to the specter of her nightmares. The feeling of absolute dread, the cold touch of terror on her soul, seemed to tighten its grip on her, and she involuntarily clung to Caedes tighter. Despite this, she continued, forcing the words to tumble out in a hushed whisper as she clung tightly to his fur, "The... the cold... it's so cold in the void. He's there, his black eyes... they're like holes in the darkness. He... he looks like him... my... my father...." She took a deep, shuddering breath, her voice catching on the last word as if it was a stone lodged in her throat. Her eyes clenched shut, tears leaking from the corners and soaking into Caedes' fur.

Her voice was a shaky echo when she continued. "Every time, he... Moros... he overpowers me. Holds me down, laughs at my struggles as he tears me apart piece by piece- as he tortures me. I... I can't move... can't speak... can't scream." Mariah swallows heavily, her body trembling from the weight of her words. “He violates me over and over- ‘teaching my my place’, he calls it …” Her words trailed off into an agonized whisper, the horrifying reality of her nightmares laid bare under the scrutiny of her disclosure. For a while, silence stretched between them, filled with the harrowed remnants of her confession. Her heart hammered in her chest, echoing the drumbeat of fear that pulsed through her veins. “And then, he kills me.” She finished, afraid to see Caedes’ expression- avoiding meeting his gaze altogether. “I know they’re just dreams, but they always feel so real.” The sensation of Moros's touch, the chill of the void, and the sting of her wounds lingered even now, stirred by her confession and imprinted deep within her memory.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

07-13-2024, 11:05 PM

Caedes listened intently, his heart aching with every word she spoke. Her voice was a symphony of anguish and fear, each note striking a chord deep within him. He could feel her pain, a palpable force tightening around her with each mention of this Moros. Her trembling form clung to him desperately, and he wrapped his arms around her, holding her as if he could shield her from all the world's cruelties. His grip tightened, a silent promise that he would do anything to absorb her torment and make it disappear.

He took a deep breath, steadying himself before speaking. His voice was calm, yet imbued with a fierce protectiveness. “Your nightmares do not weaken you; they prove your resilience. Moros may wear your father's face and exploit your fears, but he is just a shadow trying to break you. You are stronger than your nightmares and the pain he brings in your dreams.” But oh, how angry the brute was at her dream torturer. Even if they did not truly exist, Caedes wanted nothing more than to rend them to sinew and slivers.

Caedes' eyes softened as he gazed at her, filled with unwavering determination and love. “Let your tears fall, let your fears be voiced.” He urged gently, his thumb brushing a tear from her cheek. As he held her close, he could feel her heartbeat slowly begin to calm against him. “You are safe with me, Mariah. Always.” He whispered, his voice a gentle vow, a promise that no matter how dark the night, she would never have to face it alone again.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

07-13-2024, 11:12 PM

Mariah swallowed past the knot in her throat, her silver eyes finally meeting Caedes' emerald ones. Her gaze was haunted, the terror of her nightmares still lingering like a chilling mist. But within those haunted depths, something else flickered: a spark of hope kindled by Caedes' words. She wanted to believe him- but could she? It was so difficult for her to do so. But rather than argue with him, she offered a pained grin- a sublte nod in acknowledgement as she nestled closer into his comforting form, her trembling slowly subsiding. She let out a shaky breath, a weak laugh escaping her lips as she muttered, "You make it sound so easy,” He did. To be strong. To stand against the ghost that haunted her. But to be fair, his presence alone was comforting, and for a moment, as she was nestled against his warm chest, the nightmarish visions of Moros seemed to recede into the shadows, their cruel taunts silenced by Caedes' soothing voice. His reassurances may not have magically banished the nightmares, but they had bolstered her resolve, reminding her of the strength that still simmered within her.

They grew still, the silence of the early spring night filling the space around them. The crack of the fire. She was exhausted, and she felt herself getting heavier with sleep. She gently shifted them, laying back on the pallet of soft furs, her head resting against Caedes' chest. His heartbeat was a soothing rhythm, a lullaby that sang of safety and solace. “I love you,” She said softly, before braving the attempt to let unconsciousness take her once more.

-end thread-
"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A Dream Within a Dream Alias Island 10:39 AM, 07-06-2024 05:56 AM, 08-21-2024