size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

WordyOoh La LaRapid Poster - Silver
08-08-2024, 03:54 PM
She did not sleep well alone, of course she had Bigs, but his small form was not truly a comfort tonight. Usually, she could curl around the crested chihuahua and go to sleep without much trouble, but lately, her sleep had been plagued by nightmares. These she had lived, Judila burning, her citizens screaming, her mother telling her to run. No, she didn't want to face those demons again this night. Instead, she stared up at the stars, taking careful note of the brightest ones and wondering if any of them were her family members watching over her. Leaving Bigs asleep in their makeshift den, Atreyu moved out into the night. She didn't wander far from him, but she did explore around a bit. He would still hear her if she were to call for help.

Sitting at the base of a cedar tree, Atreyu began to hum a Judilian lullaby that her mother would sing to her siblings and her when they couldn't sleep. Soon enough, she was singing the words to it. "...let the river take your fears away..." Tears welled up in her eyes and she looked to the sky as she sang softly, "...let it run, you'll be okay..." Her voice was full of sorrow instead of the hope that was actually intended for the song, but her heart was breaking all over again as it had every night since the tragedy.

"Talk." || Think || 'Hear.'
code by bird, art by alo

Atreyu can be rated M for mature, not always, but expect it to pop up.
Her companion, Bigs, is assumed to be with her unless otherwise mentioned.
As her betrothed, Azriel is allowed in any of her threads, regardless of tag or label.

Oath

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Sinchanted
08-08-2024, 04:06 PM

Oath wandered through the night, his mauve coat glowing vibrantly under the silver light of the moon. The restless energy that had driven him from his den now guided his steps through the quiet forest. As he moved, the sound of a soft, sorrowful song, reached his ears, and he froze, his heart skipping a beat. That voice- those words- it was hauntingly familiar, filled with a sadness that tugged deep at his soul.

Following the melody, Oath found himself at the edge of a small clearing where a lone figure sat beneath a towering cedar tree. The sight of her, the way the moonlight touched her fur, sent a jolt of recognition through him. Atreyu. His sister, whom he hadn't seen in almost a year.

For a moment, he could only watch her, tears shimmering in her eyes as she sang the words of a lullaby that once brought them comfort. Unable to bear the sorrow in her voice any longer, Oath stepped forward with grace, his own voice joining hers as he sang the next verse, the words flowing freely from his heart:

"When the night is dark, and shadows grow,
Let the wind carry your fears below..."

As he sang, his voice was soft yet filled with emotion while he moved closer to her, the distance between them closing with each step. He wondered how she might react to his presence, and he could not hold back the tears welling within his own eyes as he watched her.

"Speech"

Oath Morningstar
CODE BY SIN

Oath has two Red-Tailed Hawks, Icarus and Nyx, that may assumed to be nearby at anytime.

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-08-2024, 04:29 PM
Sniffling between verses, Atreyu remembered how happy they all were the last time she had heard her mother sing that song. She had been looking for her family and pack for almost a year now, with no luck and no hint of them. Had they died? Was she the only one who made it out alive? She certainly hoped not, her family had to be somewhere, they couldn't have all died. Maybe she hadn't found them because they didn't want to be found. That thought hurt her more than the thought of losing them, to have lost them and then find out they don't want her would crush the young spotted woman.

Another sniffle and she continues her lullaby, hugging herself the best she could. "When the night is...dark..." There was a familiar voice that followed along with the lullaby from her homeland. Without turning, her holographic eyes widened with shock and so many other emotions she couldn't name them. She also couldn't finish the song. Her throat had closed on the knot that had formed, and with her face full of emotion she slowly turned to see who dared to impersonate her beloved brother. The sight that greeted her eyes overwhelmed her with joy and relief, there were no words to describe how much grief had been suddenly lifted from her shoulders. "Please tell me it's really you..." She begged, uncharacteristically, with tears streaming down her face. She took a tentative step toward Oath, as if she feared he would disappear.

code by bird, art by alo

As her betrothed, Azriel is allowed in any of her threads, regardless of tag or label.

Oath

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Sinchanted
08-08-2024, 04:38 PM

Oath's heart ached as he watched his sister's emotions play out on her face. The tears in her eyes mirrored the ones he felt stinging in his own, and he had to swallow the lump in his throat before he could speak. The sight of Atreyu, so close yet filled with so much pain and uncertainty, was almost too much to bear.

"It's really me, Atreyu," Oath whispered, his voice thick with emotion. He stepped closer, his mauve coat brushing against the cool night air as he closed the distance between them. "I'm here."

He could see the fear in her eyes, the worry that this was all just a cruel trick of the night. But, he was real, as real as the ground beneath their paws, and he would prove it. Taking another step forward, Oath reached out gently, touching his nose to hers in a tender, reassuring gesture. The warmth of the connection, the familiar scent of family, flooded his senses, grounding him in the reality of this moment as he was sure it would do for her.

"We have found each other," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper, but filled with deep, unshakable connection. "After everything, we found each other again." He nuzzled her cheek, brushing away the tears that streamed down her face with a soft, comforting touch of his nose. "I thought I'd lost you, but you're here. That's all that matters now."

He wrapped his neck around hers, pulling her into a tight, protective embrace, as if he could shield her from all the pain she had endured during the time they had been apart.

"Speech"

Oath Morningstar
CODE BY SIN

Oath has two Red-Tailed Hawks, Icarus and Nyx, that may assumed to be nearby at anytime.

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-09-2024, 11:24 AM
She could hardly believe her ears or eyes when those rich tones filled the air between them, all of a sudden the air whooshed out of her lungs on a sound that was somewhere between a laugh and a strangled cry. He closed the distance between them, then white-hot contact. When his nose touched hers, Atreyu felt a jolt of relief plunge through her heart and she finally released all those tears. "Oath..." It was all she could strangle out, her voice shaking and whimpering as she cried. Flinging her spotted forelimbs around her brother she pulled his slightly larger form into hers.

Finally, she took a shuddering breath, burying her face in the mauve man's spotted neck. "I feared you were a ghost..." She said, laughing and crying hysterically at the same time. Seeing him now, feeling him against her frame was the best feeling and it gave her hope that maybe more had survived the onslaught. "Have you seen anyone else? How did you get away? Are you injured?" The questions were rapid-fire, quickly worded between halted breaths as she tried to pull herself together. He was alive, that meant there was hope! Atreyu sniffled, pulling back to look into those neon blue eyes. He was really here!

code by bird, art by alo

Oath

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Sinchanted
08-09-2024, 11:43 AM

Her rapid-fire questions made him smile through the tears that welled up in his eyes. He pulled back slightly, just enough to look into her tear-streaked face, his neon blue eyes meeting her holographic ones. The intensity of her emotions, the relief and hope that radiated from her, mirrored his own feelings.

"Azriel. He travels with me.. though.. he is not quite the same as he once was. Other than him, I haven't seen anyone else," he admitted, a touch of sadness in his voice. "I... I searched for so long, but I didn't know if anyone had survived. I thought we were alone too." He swallowed, trying to keep his voice steady. "But I'm okay, Atreyu. We managed to get away... we had to, for you, for all of us. I'm not injured, just... tired. Tired of running, of being alone."

He reached up, brushing a tear from her cheek with a gentle paw. "But we found each other, and that's what matters. We're together again, and we'll find the others if they're out there. I promise you that."

Oath paused, his voice softening as he added, "I’ve missed you so much, Atreyu. I never stopped looking, never stopped hoping that I’d find you. And now that I have, I won’t ever let us be separated again." He pressed his forehead against hers, closing his eyes and letting the moment sink in, the reality of their reunion washing over him. "We're stronger together, and we'll make it through this. I believe that with all my heart. Judila lives through us."

"Speech"

Oath Morningstar
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-10-2024, 08:44 AM
There were so many emotions boiling within Atreyu, but at the forefront was joy. Her brother was alive! She wasn't alone anymore! Maybe her sleep had been taken from her for this very reason, Kiska must have known he was close to her. Making a mental note to thank their mother-deity later, Atreyu reveled in the fact that her brother was here and corporeal. Atreyu listened closely to her brother's rich voice as he answered her questions. Azriel was alive, there were two other survivors! That was so much better than no survivors! Atreyu looked over the fact that he had not seen anyone else. She had not seen hide nor hair of any of them in almost a year since the horrific genocide. Atreyu had begun to believe she was the only survivor of her entire family and pack. It was such a relief to know they had both survived!

"Oath, I don't think any of us made it out unscathed. We all have changed, I'm sure. I know I have..." She had grown more mistrustful than she once was, though she hid the fact out of respect for others. No need to make waves, not after what she had been through. What they had witnessed and experienced would have changed anyone, no doubt it had left a scar on all of them. There were ways to heal those wounds, but the scars would remain forever, whether visible or otherwise. "There will be no more running, I can promise you that. We only ran to live another day, so we can grow stronger." She would never let Judila be so weak again, so trusting of others. Blinking a tear from her eye just as he reached up to wipe them away, Atreyu gave a reassuring smile to her brother. "We will find them." Her confidence had been bolstered by his presence, they would find their missing pieces.

Atreyu pressed her forehead to his, her scarred ear sliding back on her head as she closed her eyes. She made sure to stay alert after the run in with the cougar while she cooked for Ellara. "You may have some idea about how much I've missed you then. I don't ever want to be parted again, not ever." A little bit of the childish pup in her came out, not wanting to leave her brother for any length of time after just finding him. "Judila asmakam madhyamen jivati." She agreed, her emotions so thick she could hardly remember the common words in English. She stayed quiet for a bit after that, simply soaking in the moment and breathing her brother in. His presence was a beacon of hope for her, as was the news that Azriel lived. Who else had made it through the horror? She hoped none of them had been seriously injured, they couldn't go back to get their revenge. There were too many of those twisted demons for the few Morningstars and Judilians left.

"Talk." (hover for translation) || Think || 'Hear.'
code by bird, art by alo

Oath

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Sinchanted
08-10-2024, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2024, 04:59 PM by Oath. Edited 1 time in total.)

Oath felt the warmth of his sister's forehead pressed against his, the shared moment of peace and relief filling his heart. As her words sank in, a sudden burst of energy and joy welled up inside him. As the two oldest, they had been the ones who would play fight and spar as pups.

Without warning, Oath gently batted at her with his right paw, a glimmer of excitement in his neon blue eyes. "Come on, Atreyu. Let's see if you can still best me." He leaped back, lowering into a playful stance, his tail wagging with unbridled energy as he invited her to spar, just like the old times!

Oath vs Atreyu for Spar
Round 1/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Golden Elongated Fang Caps
Defensive Battle Accessory: Diamond Bladed Gold Collar
Companion 1: Red-tailed Hawk, Male, Battle
Companion 2: Red-tailed Hawk, Female, Battle
Mutation 1: Horns - Offensive
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Beginner Intellectual

"Speech"

Oath Morningstar
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Atreyu had been alert for predators, not her own brother. She was unprepared as he batted his paw toward her, and his paw gently booped her nose as a result. The energetic joy he exuded was infectious and Atreyu couldn't help the tinkling laugh that came bubbling up her throat. Suddenly, she felt the need to burst forward toward her brother, forelimbs splayed out so that she could catch his larger frame in a hug of sorts. Her aim was to tackle him, using his lowered position to try and roll him to his right side. She kept her claws sheathed while playing with her brother, making sure not to scratch him or actually hurt him.

It was good to let that bottled-up joy loose on one another, just like when they were younger. She felt exhilarated and refreshed, Kiska had answered her prayers and sent one of her siblings. Oath was a blessing, as was Azriel and any other member of Judila who might be out there. Sure they were pushed from their riverside home, but they could always find something new here. Something better than what they had, something more...well...Atreyu had a different view on fighting than her parents. They would be a force to be reckoned with, and evil would be more careful about showing its face. She vowed this to herself and to her kin, those who survived the Judilian Massacre. "I've missed this!" Was all she said for now. She would bring up her plans when they had everyone together again.

Atreyu vs Oath for spar
Round 1/2
Build: Balanced
Offensive Battle Accessory: Five-inch long hawksbill blade
Defensive Battle Accessory: collar with spikes
Companion 1: Chinese Crested mix, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Retractable claws - Offensive
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Advanced Healer

code by bird, art by alo

Oath

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Sinchanted
08-11-2024, 05:04 PM

Oath let out a playful yelp as Atreyu tackled him, her laughter ringing in his ears like the sweetest melody. He let himself be rolled onto his side, a grin spreading across his face that revealed his gold-capped fangs; there was a familiar feeling to this rush of excitement from their playful scuffle. The weight of their shared past lifted, replaced with pure, unfiltered joy brought on from being together again, even if it was just for this moment.

"I've missed this too!" Oath laughed, his voice filled with genuine happiness. He pushed back against her with just enough force to keep the game going, careful not to use his full strength. It was like they were pups again, the worries of the world far behind them as they wrestled in the moonlight.

The playful energy between them was invigorating, a much needed release for Oath and all the emotions he had been holding on to for so long. For now, he was content to let their instincts take over, to bask in the simple joy of being with his sister, knowing that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would be able to face them together.

Oath vs Atreyu for Spar
Round 2/2
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Golden Elongated Fang Caps
Defensive Battle Accessory: Diamond Bladed Gold Collar
Companion 1: Red-tailed Hawk, Male, Battle
Companion 2: Red-tailed Hawk, Female, Battle
Mutation 1: Horns - Offensive
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Beginner Intellectual

"Speech"

Oath Morningstar
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-12-2024, 08:52 AM
The playful yelp that Oath had given made a giggle erupt out of Atreyu, she knew she didn't actually hurt him in any way. He shoved back against her and she moved off, though she rounded him and came in for his left side. Her teeth were aimed for his ear, to give a small, playful tug on the appendage though it was nothing that would make him cry out or hurt in any way. She simply moved in the moment, laughing and playing with her brother.

Finally after so long of searching, she finally had the prove that Judila might have survived after all. He had found Azzy, now she wondered who else could be out there, lost and alone. She had seen the alone part first-hand, and she had hated feeling like that. Grief had been a constant companion as well as pain from loss and devastation. She knew she couldn't be the only one that made it, and now here was palpable proof! The spirits had indeed been merciful, even though everything had been taken from them. They could rebuild, they could survive, and they would overcome. Alone, they were strong, but together they would be unstoppable!

Atreyu vs Oath for spar
Round 2/2
Build: Balanced
Offensive Battle Accessory: Five-inch long hawksbill blade
Defensive Battle Accessory: collar with spikes
Companion 1: Chinese Crested mix, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Retractable claws - Offensive
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Advanced Healer

code by bird, art by alo

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-15-2024, 08:43 PM

And the winner is...ATREYU

ATREYU

OATH must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

OATH:
Attack Roll: 44
Defense Roll: 8
Agility Roll: 60
Perception Roll: 67
Total: 179

Attack[44] + 50% Bonus[22.00]: 66.00
Defense[8] + 10% Bonus[0.80]: 8.80
Agility[60] + 5% Bonus[3.00]: 63.00
Perception[67] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 67.00
Total[204.80] + 10% Bonus[20.48]: 225.28

ATREYU:
Attack Roll: 77
Defense Roll: 30
Agility Roll: 56
Perception Roll: 69
Total: 232

Attack[77] + 45% Bonus[34.65]: 111.65
Defense[30] + 25% Bonus[7.50]: 37.50
Agility[56] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 56.00
Perception[69] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 69.00
Total[274.15] + 15% Bonus[41.12]: 315.27

Oath

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Sinchanted
08-19-2024, 11:07 PM

Oath felt the playful tug on his ear and let out a mock of a groan in defeat, his body going limp as he rolled onto his back, exposing his belly in a gesture of playful submission. He couldn't help but laugh, the sound bubbling up from deep within him as he looked up at his sister in joy.

"Alright, alright! You win again!" he chuckled, his voice filled with warmth and affection. He playfully pawed at the air above him, a smile spreading across his face as he gazed up to her. "You still got those moves, Atreyu. I stood no chance."

There was a moment of peace that settled over him as he lay there, the moonlight casting soft shadows across the clearing of them. The weight of their shared grief and loneliness seemed to lift, replaced by a renewed sense of hope and strength. They had survived, and now, together, they would rebuild stronger than ever before.

Reaching up, Oath gently placed a paw on his sister, his neon blue eyes filled with love. "We'll find the others, and we'll make sure that what happened to Judila never happens again. I'm here now, Atreyu. We're unstoppable." He gave her a final, affectionate nuzzle before rolling back onto his paws, his tail fanning out behind him in a slow sway. "Where have you been staying? Azriel and I just arrived to this land and stopped here because this forest.. well.. it has pretty much everything we need. We were going to make camp and search for you, or anyone else that might be surviving."

"Speech"

Oath Morningstar
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-20-2024, 09:56 AM
The air was thick with the feeling of belonging, she had purpose again and in this moment she would live for now. They would eventually have to part ways again, but at least this time she knew he was alive and well. It gave her so much hope for their other siblings and pack mates. Atreyu laughed as her brother submitted beneath her and she gave his pierced cheek a kiss before letting him up. "I have been training here as well, I've been making friends." Her warm voice was bright and hopeful, nothing could bring down her mood after tonight.

She nodded her head as he confirmed her hopes, "I know we will. Together we can do all things." Smiling brightly, Atreyu leaned into her brother's paw and slid in for a close hug. "I haven't really been staying anywhere, but I keep around this area. The lower continent, where we are now, is an interesting place. I would like to see what Boreas has for us one day. Perhaps, when we are all together again we can go exploring up there. Keep up your search for survivors on your way up that way, we can meet at a place called Alabastrine Shrine." She hadn't been to the area yet, but she had heard of it. Passing as close as she had it was impossible not to. Perhaps, the ancestors and spirits would be felt more strongly there.

code by bird, art by alo

Oath

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Sinchanted
08-20-2024, 03:54 PM

Oath felt a pang of surprise as Atreyu mentioned that they would eventually part ways again. His initial instinct was to protest, not wanting to be separated from her after just finding each other again. But, as he looked into her hopeful, determined eyes, he understood. Splitting up would increase their chances of finding more survivors, and that was their shared goal.

He sighed softly, giving her a small, understanding smile. "I wasn't expecting us to go our separate ways so soon," he admitted, his voice gentle. "But, you are right. The more ground we cover, the more likely we are to find the others."

Oath leaned into the embrace, savoring the warmth of his sister's closeness for a moment longer. "I'll keep searching as I make my way north," he promised, his voice filled with resolve. "And when we have gathered everyone we can find, Alabaster Shrine sounds like the perfect meeting place. We can start anew."

He pulled back slightly, looking at her with a mix of pride and affection. "I'm glad you've been making friends here, Atreyu. It's important to have allies, especially in times like these. I'll be careful on my journey, and I'll make sure to stay alert for any signs of our family."

He nuzzled her cheek one last time, the bond between them stronger than ever. "Until we meet again, sister. Stay safe, and know that I will be thinking of you every step of the way." With that, Oath took a deep breath, preparing himself to get back to Azriel and inform him of the journey ahead, knowing this time.. they were no longer alone.

"Speech"

Oath Morningstar
CODE BY SIN

Atreyu

Loner

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Healer (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

08-21-2024, 07:29 PM
There was a sadness in those holographic eyes, silver-to-lavender seeming almost swallowed by nighttime dilated pupils, making her seem almost pup-like. She moved in to be closer to her brother, feeling his warmth against her like when they were little. "I hate parting ways so soon, brother, but we must find them and bring everyone together." She sat there for a moment before pulling back, taking a simultaneous deep breath with her brother as she prepared to leave him after just getting him back. "I will be careful, I promise." She said and nuzzled his cheek in return.

Some things could not be helped, and parting ways was just a good way to get everyone back. At least, those who survived the massacre. It was impossible to think that there could be so many wandering lost in the new lands they would have washed up on. Or even in other lands far away from this one. Either way she hoped she could find them before the winter came. It would be one tragedy too many to lose another family member. Oath prepared himself to leave, and so did Atreyu, going to find camp for the night and sleep. Then she would find the rest of her siblings and pack members and gather them at Alabastrine Shrine, where they could respect their dead and pray for a healing hand on those who survived the onslaught.

code by bird, art by alo