size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

UnderachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La La
10-02-2024, 02:36 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna had been focused on her hunting, gathering pelts for the turn of the season while summer prey was bountiful. She was deep in her den, resting from the busy day when the tremors began. She immediately squirmed out of her den and peered toward Mount Volkan. Nothing seemed particularly off about it but the darkness was strange… dark, thick, almost as if it were pressing down on the land. She scurried back down into the den and waited it out.

When morning rose she quickly headed out to investigate. The morning light was red and abnormals. She'd seen red skies before, the kind that so often harkened a stormy day to follow but this red was different. She just couldn't place her paw on it. It didn't take long however to notice strange spires off to the west. Now wait a minute, when did these get here?

Speech

Sonnet

Avalon
Puppy

Beginner Hunter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
4 hours ago

Sonnet was more than happy to hide away in the den with her family when the tremors began. Darkness fell over the land outside in such a thick blanket that it would have been too difficult to see anyway. Though she hardly got any rest that night, mostly due from the tremors often waking her, she felt rested enough as the light began to filter in. When it wasn't the normal bright, yellow light, but a dusky red the color of blood, she practically raced to the doorway. What happened? Her eyes are wide as she drinks it in. This definitely was different!

Curiosity plagues Sonnet as she slips from the depths of the den toward where the red light glistens brighter. She knows she's breaking the rules, but when she spies an older girl, Stjarna, headed in the same direction, the pup knew this would be her way out. "Star, wait up!" Sonnet calls out, tail lightly tucked between her legs as she hurries over. "Can I go check them out with you?" She questions with a cant of her head before her attention is pulled back toward the spires in the distance.

"Sonnet"

sonnet's family may enter her threads without permission until 2 years of age.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
53 minutes ago

After the chaos of last night Álarr was inclined to curl up and sleep the next day away. Maybe it was the fact he was getting so old. He'd seen enough weird ass shit in Boreas he didn't think this required his immediate attention, not until Brynhildr came flying in saying that Stjarna was gone. Immediately he started to worry. She would go investigating those weird spires he could see on the horizon now wouldn't she. Bah! So far his big take away from parenthood was that it was a lot of worry. Worrying all the dang time. Couldn't drop his guard even though she was a yearling.

Getting his stuff together he tracked her scent into a place he really didn't want to be. Eerie stone spires stretched up into the sky, the wind groaning through the gaps in the spires. He felt drawn to one of them but quickly pulled his face away. He needed to find his daughter, and it didn't take long. Soon he spied her brilliant blue coat and one of Thalia and Theory's pups to boot. Oh great….

"What are you two doing out here? This place is dangerous. Sonnet, you are way to young to be this far out." He felt Afi hop off his back and side-eyed the cat as he went closer to a spire. "Afi… careful. We don't know what these are."

The pallas cat waved his fluffy tail in a flippant matter. "Well, we're here now aren't we. I want to know what ruined my sleep last night." He stretched up on his hind legs, front paws leaning against the stone of the nearest spire as he squinted at the carving. "Egh… some creepy ass faces carved on here. This one looks pretty scared, gripped with terror even I'd say. C'mere Álarr, quit being a pussy." Afi winked at the horned man.