gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
10-11-2024, 09:16 AM

The world seemed to go to shit as son as Star got to the continent. Curiosity and the need to know struck deep and the slender fae parted ways with Insomnia for a time to investigate. She made her way to a long stretch of beach where the lapping waves seemed to glow. The water was luminescent even with the red tinge to the sky.

Star looked out over the water and squinted a bit. There was an odd ripple in the water as the ground below her paws shook. She'd been told of the stone towers that had jutted up from the earth. Was it about to happen again? It seemed as though ridges of land stuck up through the ocean like sand bars, but they were oddly positioned in the wrong direction. Hmm. Perhaps she'd sit here for a while and watch.

"Starchild"

Starchild has Haphephobia, so please don't touch her.

She is always accompanied by a peregrine falcon named Merlin and a very nasty Tasmanian devil named Dundee.

Phantasm

Insomnia
Memory

Advanced Intellectual (68)

Beginner Navigator (10)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Skelle
10-11-2024, 09:31 AM
Ill edit in a table later maybe lol

—-

With the skies glowing red all over Boreas, Tazzy decided to make the trip south to Auster to investigate. Probably should have brought Enki with him to be safe, but he was a big grown boy now! Well… not very big but the point still stood.

Tazzy didn’t want to get lost so he kept to the shoreline, skirting around a pack and treading through the soft sand. Despite the glowing red sky, the ocean here had a blue glow. This he knew was normal, at least.

Something in the distance seemed a bit off however, drawing Tazzy away from the waters line and deeper inland. He noticed the land more inland looked disturbed, though what could have done it?As he looked around he noticed another, though knew better than to approach a stranger without making a sound.

”Do you think it has anything to do with what’s happening in Boreas?” he asked the stranger as he approached, purple gaze flicking between the wolf and the unsettled land.
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

Star

Loner

Beginner Navigator (10)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
10-11-2024, 09:48 AM

A voice from behind caught her attention and Star cast a glance over one striped shoulder. It was a small brute; smaller than herself. That same shoulder lifted in a slight shrug as she directed her cyan gaze back out over the strange, rippling landscape. "I don't know for sure, but it seems too much of a coincidence to be anything else, right?"

Star began to pick her way down the beach, hoping for a different perspective of the strange occurrence. She motioned for the other wolf to follow along if he wished. Below her paws, the earth shook again, a little more violently than it had prior. The monochromatic fae grimaced, legs splaying slightly to hold her balance. When the tremor ended, she looked to the man again. "I come from different lands. I assume this isn't a normal thing around here," her accented tones spoke with mild amusement. One white gloved paw lifted, gesturing the the sickly red sky. "The sky isn't filled with blood in my homeland."

With each shimmy of the earth, the strange channels seemed to protrude just a bit further. Star shook her head in mild disbelief. Such a strange place, this new world.

"Starchild"

She is always accompanied by a peregrine falcon named Merlin and a very nasty Tasmanian devil named Dundee.

Phantasm

Insomnia
Memory

Beginner Navigator (10)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Skelle
10-13-2024, 08:07 PM

pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

The stranger spoke, seemingly unsure if the strange happenings here had anything to do with the ones up north. Tazzy was almost certain that they were related in at least one way or another, because why else would it be happening if they weren't? It only made sense, but in reality, none of this made sense.

The ground shook beneath his tiny paws as she gestured for him to follow and he felt himself wobble, but managed to catch himself from falling as the woman spoke again. "It's not normal at all. I was hoping that maybe you'd seen something like this before," he said with a frown, watching as the channels shifted and moved. What was causing that, the quakes?

"It seems like it's more than just consistent earthquakes and the ominous sky, but I can't figure out how the two are connected," he said with a final sigh as he looked upwards to the sky, but regardless of how many times he did that, nothing became obvious to him.

"Speech"Think
─ by Skelle !

Star

Loner

Beginner Navigator (10)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
10-14-2024, 11:48 AM

Each tremor of earth brought the strange ridges to rippling. Star couldn't quite explain it, though she imagined this might be the way that a few landforms came to life in the past. Her icy gaze cast to the side as the man spoke once more. He wanted answers. She wanted answers. "Perhaps there's nothing to do now but wait," she suggested, seating herself in the sand. "Big things take time, and if my hunch is correct, this will be a big thing indeed."

The world around them still rippled in red, the vermillion shade seeming to undulate along with the shivering of the earth below them. Hey, if anything, the tremors were giving her travel-weary paws a nice massage, eh?

Looking to the other wolf once more, she tipped her head towards him. "Do you want to stay and watch?"

"Starchild"

Phantasm

Insomnia
Memory

Beginner Navigator (10)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Skelle
10-14-2024, 12:13 PM

pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

Perhaps there wasn't supposed to be an answer to what was happening yet. As the woman had said, big things took time. It hadn't exactly taken much time for the spires to erect themselves up north, but perhaps that wasn't even as big as what was to come. If it was only a mere stepping stone, well, Tazzy was a bit afraid of what would come next. The channels forming in the earth and the spires appearing were strange and ominous on their own, but they were only symptoms of what was very likely still brewing. Not to mention the bloody red sky, which frankly, was the scariest of them all.

"If you don't mind, I think I would like to. My boyfriend is Insomnia's Daemon... I don't think he'd like that I came here by myself, but I'm sure he'd appreciate anything I learn as long as I make it home safe," he said with a small, nervous smile. "My name is Phantasm Mortem, by the way, but everyone just calls me Tazzy," he said, unaware that the woman he sat with was related to many of the newest Insomniacs.

"Speech"Think
─ by Skelle !