gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

?owyn had been scouring the lands for any sort of loner that was needing a pack or at least a soon to be pack. ?owyn's goal was never far from her mind other than when she was with Birch. Birch seemed to calmed her down and let her focus on one thing; him. She loved him and that would never change. He had gone off to meet with his sister; at least she was pretty sure that was what he was doing while she went out recruiting. She had told him where she was going and about how long it would take so all was pretty good between them.

The fact was that soon it would be summer, the season of her birth. That meant she would be in heat and she was hoping for puppies. Sadly she wasn't sure that they were ready for them since they were still loners trying to gather some other loners. Pups probably could wait a year or as long as Birch wanted to wait. She looked at her paws before the dark tawny fae looked onward towards the terrain.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 07:06 PM

When Raisa had told Koros she wanted to climb to this summit, he had respectfully declined to accompany her. With a smirk and a scoff she had called him a name or two and set off without him. It had not been the first time, he had avoided her usually treacherous adventures. The woman liked to push herself, always yearned to find the edge and peer off of it. The small fox was more reserved, but she did not fault him for it, despite what she often tried to display. In fact, as she picked her way among the stones and roots, she found herself missing his nagging. She smiled. Once she reached the summit, however, she was glad he had decided to hole up below. She was not alone, and a guard flew up around her. She found a tawny fae awaiting her on the summit, and she smelled of other wolves. Perhaps just one, perhaps many, but it was possible that she wasn't alone. Raisa allowed a stream of curses to float among her skull as she debated what to do. She sighed, figuring it was better to be caught facing off than squatting in the woods. She cleared her throat, and waited until the fae noted her presence.

code by sam & image by lu
[Image: Kxe2eLS.png]
Y'all should be jelly of these sexy Tea arts!

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Quote:

?owyn turned in a startled manner as a wolf cleared their throat behind her. She spun and saw a fae sitting there and she offered a weak smile. "Hi." She told the loner simply as they stood upon the summit. The scents of Wraithe and Birch clung slightly to her fur because she had been around the recently. She smiled and she awaited a greeting from the fae who was on her guard. She backed up slightly and tilted her head to the side. A small smile had started to grow larger. Perhaps this wolf needed a pack like Wraithe had. Eo would never give up on her goal. It would probably even be the death of her.

The dark tawny's fur laid slicked back across her back. Her eyes were narrowed slightly because the wind blew directly into her face. A storm was brewing, she could sense it.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 07:31 PM

The fae's simple response evoked a smirk from Raisa. Perhaps this woman was a simpleton. Hi? That was all? Perhaps you've surprised her, wait and see, a small bit of her argued. Raisa returned the woman's smile, pleased to see that she wasn't growling or advancing or any of that usual aggressive nonsense. She missed dearly the days when her subjects would bow before her, when they had some shred of courtesy or manners. This land was starkly barbaric in comparison, but she supposed thus was life. "Oh, yes, hello indeed. Always a pleasant situation when you come upon a stranger and they don't want to rip your throat out." Really, her social skills were dazzling. "My name is Raisa Xanilov, former and future Queen of the Ebony throne. And you are?" Now that she had determined that this wolf was most likely NOT going to attack her, she begrudge Koros' absence. He made a wonderful steward, squire, herald, really all she needed him to be. One of his finer features was that he would always make sure any stranger knew of her titles as soon as may be. For all the scorn it usually earned the ex-Queen, her ego never seemed to mind. For now, only time would tell her if this fae would react the same.

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 07:41 PM
Quote:

?owyn couldn't help but chuckle at her words about how they weren't wishing to rip each other's throats out. "I don't really care for violence unless it is absolutely necessary." She explained in a rather quiet voice. She had her hopes up until the lady spoke again. She was the future queen to the ebony throne. There goes Eo's idea of recruiting her. It was alright though. She had Birch and Wraithe. She could find more of who knew, she could have pups and the pups could grow into her last supporters. She did want a family; part of her thought she wasn't ready though.

"?owyn. I hope to leader a pack of my own devise some day but I have no fancy title like you do at this time." She introduced herself to the lady who had scaled the mount to the summit as she had. The likelihood of a loner looking for a home up here was highly unlikely and yet she had still scaled up. Why had she?

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:00 PM

And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out

I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

Raisa smirked and resisted the urge to roll her eyes. The thought that this kind, seemingly timid fae might one day be a competitor thrilled the dark woman. She seemed meek at first glance, and even if she proved lively Raisa would not be disappointed. Perhaps one day they would each sit upon a throne, as allies... or enemies. The fact that they had such a unique perspective now was most interesting. It was time to test this fae's mettle. "You've led before then? Title or no, I mean. I remember when I was newborn, and my mother put down a rebellion with nothing but tact and wit. She was an incredible Queen, and I've been told I'm her mirror image." Her mother was also a dangerous sociopath, but she omitted that detail.

"Talk" Think "Listen"

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Quote:

?owyn offered a small sigh as she was asked if she had led before. She shook her head and offered an explanation to the woman before her as to why she had not. "I'm afraid my parents would not allow me to rule. In the pack I was born in, the only pack I have every been in, only the male children of the alphas were eligible to lead the pack. Me being female prohibited me. However, I have been told by many that I would be a good leader. Like my father." She told the fae with a sorrowful tone. Sexist at it's finest was what Sinister Falls consisted of.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:13 PM

Raisa considered teh woman's words carefully. She came from a noble family, if she could be believed, but watching a parent rule and having experience among them as an equal were two different things. So far this fae had offered her no shortage of amusement and Raisa could not help but chuckle now. "Forgive me, I don't mean to be rude. Well, that might not be true, I'm nearly sorry at any rate." She took a moment to get control over herself once more. "Well, Eowyn, I hope you find yourself leading a band some day. Perhaps I could make an ally out of you. What sort of pack do you plan to create?" She settled in, bright bi-colored eyes scanning over this tawny enigma.

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Quote:

?owyn sighed a bit as she said it might be true. sure ?o had never officially led any wolf as a leader. She was leading those whom she had gathered so far however. "I've been told by those I have gathered so far for my bad. I've led them, but it isn't anything official Miss Raisa." She said hastily and then the woman told her that she hoped to see her lead one day. "As do I wish to see you lead on this ebony throne that you mentioned." she told her gracefully with a small smile to her.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:24 PM

The wolf's kind words soured Raisa, and a bit of sadness flickered into her eyes. She chuckled quietly. "If I might give you some advice?" She leaned forward, and in a conspiratorial whisper said, "Don't be so gods damned trusting." She sat back and leveled Eowyn with a cold stare. Maybe it would be worth roughing her up a bit, if it would get her point across. Alpha's who trusted, particularly new ones, did not typically stay alphas for long. "The thing is, apart from a select few naive souls, most wolves would slit your throat and leave you to rot if it meant getting a leg up in the world. If it meant others would honor them, bow to them. We all want it, don't we? Wolves who trust are setting their hard work out on a platter for others to steal away." It had happened to her parents, it had happened to her. So many others had been struck down by treason, many from those they held the closest.

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Quote:

?owyn took the advice to insult and raised her haunches slightly in weariness and defense. Was this wolf trying to threaten her for those whom she had gathered? She knew she could trust her mate and Wraithe was still proving himself. She gulped and responded in a cold and distant tone. "I have no intent of laying everything out for another wolf to grab. I'd fight to the death." The words were almost hissed as her eyes were narrowed in a half confused state and a half alert and weary state. She was unsure if this wolf was trying to provoke a fight and so she thought about possibly fleeing as soon as most opportune.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:37 PM

Raisa's laughter was likely unnecessary, but she could not contain it. It bubbled from her and eventually her head was thrown backwards. The fae might think her less than sane, but she might not be far off the mark. Now she was getting the picture! "Oh, put your hackles down, I mean you no harm. Yet, at least, I'm no psychic." She sobered some, as what she would say next came into her mind. "In truth, though. Unless you want to end up slaughtered in your sleep like my dear royal mother and father, my cousins, my aunts and uncles and all our loyal followers..." So much blood... "Take what I have said to heart." Her eyes glazed over as the horrific images of her past filled her mind once more. So many bodies, and Raisa had only gone out for a quick jog along the border. Sanguine fangs flashing in the dim light, a terrible storm, and treachery... It had only been then that she had realized all the security she had taken for granted had in truth been rotten ice. It had hardened her, and it was not a mistake she would make again.

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Quote:

?owyn could not seem to calm herself down but she did eventually lower her haunches. Her eyes narrowed as she spoke once more. "You see, I do not sleep often. I have what is called Insomnia." She said defensively and she was a light sleeper when she did sleep. A small grin crossed her muzzle. "Sounds like your parents were deep sleepers than Raisa." she said with a small laugh. She shouldn't have laughed but she just couldn't resist it. A small smile that she had once held started to fade. "I'd hope that when we both rule on thrones, that perhaps he would ally some day. Of course... I'm no psychic. I will take your words to heart though Raisa. It sounds as if you have had more experience with this than I."

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:53 PM

And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out

I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

Raisa smiled. She could smell the fae's tension still lingering in the air, but the fact that she had not attacked or fled filled the smokey fae with a dark sort of hope. Perhaps there is hope for this one after all. Raisa turned her head to look towards the ground far below them, ruminating with her thoughts. "I think I'd like that," she said with a small smile. It seemed a strange thought to consider that his fae might in time become a friend. Not one that Raisa would use or exploit or expect to grovel before her, but perhaps as an equal. With a certainty, Raisa would want to keep in touch.

"Talk" Think "Listen"

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Quote:

?owyn gave a nod of her head and a small smile once more. She wanted to get off the summit and back on the ground but she would stay until Kiara gets 50 posts until she was sure that she should leave. The female offered that some day they might. "I'm hanging around the north if you ever want to discuss an alliance further. Right now it is me, my mate Birch and a follower named Wraithe. They would both know where I am." She offered up the information for the female if she wished to find her at any time.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 09:09 PM

Raisa flicked her eyes skyward, trying to remember if she had ever been in the north of this vast landscape. It was so hard to tell with the strange, inconsistent boundaries of the many realms. It came down to a shrug and a smile. "I could, and probably will. Time will tell. Perhaps I shall bring my followers as well, so that the two groups might learn of each other. As it stands I have only a brute and my steward to accompany me, but there have been whispers that more seek me out." Raisa had not met these wolves yet though, and could not vouch for their sincerity. All she could really do was hope.

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Quote:

?owyn took a deep breathe as she suggested the two packs meet some time before they are both official and she nodded. "I have just my mate and a follower as I had stated. But other are seeking me out as well." She said with a calm expression and another nod. Perhaps it was time for them to part ways? Perhaps it wasn't quite there yet. "If you do not mind my asking, what kind of pack do you plan on being?" The question made her curious as she waited for the answer with a small smile. she would achieve her goal and she hoped this girl did too.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 09:21 PM

Raisa considered this carefully before answering. "I will certainly take several of my cues from my old life. There will be structure, rigid structure even, if need be. I will make them strong and stable, able to trust one another." Her voice grew quiet, then. "But I will focus on loyalty as much as strength. It must be unquestionable. I will vow to be kind and dutiful," as my mother was not, "Vigilant and steadfast," where my father wavered. She forced a smile to her face. "I think keeping those few basic tenants in mind will create a strong foundation, and one easily built upon. And for yourself? Have you made plans?"

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Quote:

?owyn listened when she was told about the structure for the pack that this woman would eventually run. A small smile formed as she listened to the good ideas. "I intend on a pack where the rules are strict and punishments are harsh. Yet at the same time the pack needs room to breathe. Those who had not proven themselves would be the lowest of the low and those who have proven loyalty and strength can rise through the ranks. As for territory; depends on the amount of wolves. Location wise I was looking at this bat nearby." She told the fae.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 09:29 PM

Raisa nodded along as the fae outlined her structure. She could not help but agree that it was often best for a pack to be rigid and clean cut. Confusion among the ranks created anarchy and discontent; both very bad things. Raisa offered the woman a small smile. "It sounds well thought out," she said. "You shall be loved and respected, if I'm worth my bet. I hope for the same." Raisa stood, overlooking the low lands once more. Turning back to Eowyn with a smile, she said, "I think it is time I took my leave. Perhaps one day we will meet again, under more favorable circumstances." She even went so far as to bob her head in the slightest of bows. "Until next time, Lady Eowyn." Without the leave from her companion, Raisa turned and began her descent. Koros would hardly believe the story she had to tell...

-EXIT RAISA-