ardent

I think my eyes would do the same

Vahva

gems
size
build
player
01-12-2014, 05:19 PM

The island was an easy refuge, but it never could hold someone from their dreams. Nightmares all the same again made her in an uncomfortable spot under the tree she had decided to call home for the night. Even though the entire island was home, along with two other territories that Valhalla had claimed. Though the darkness was even more of something that made her feel at ease. The moon faltered over the high tree tops. She refused to dream, when she did though, it wasn't always unpleasant. Just sleep would not come to her tonight, leaving the blue maned woman to stand herself shaking fur free of sand from the beach that she was on. Listening to the water roll into the shore, her paws leaving prints as the well filled out lady rested her rump. Letting the water hit her white paws. Red eyes looking over herself, with spring here, her children would be adults now. And she was simply left wondering where they were, what they'd be doing, and more. With all the family scattered about, it was no surprise, and sometimes she wished she didn't care as much as she did. And didn't feel so uncomfortable here, and she was building herself all over again in the hopes of gaining the trust of the members of valhalla.
Though she was sure within time things would go over smoothly. These wolves were shut out, slightly broken, but never once had they been unable to repair themselves. It was only because of the distrust thwarted towards them by wolves of a greater evil from their point of view. From hers as well, since they had hurt her family, but regardless she couldn't force them to like her so there was no use hanging herself over it, and just trust that their judgment of her would be more relaxed. She shut her eyes, pulling ears back. She would hopefully create something of a safety blanket if she could. No one should live their life fearing that another would take away everything. They should feel strong, dignified and able to defend themselves. While of course they should be aware, it was just something that she wished for. She was a wolf of Valhalla, and she hoped to make a print, much like her mother had during her time as a healer here.

Speech,

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-12-2014, 10:31 PM

Azalea strolled along the shore after having gotten the puppies to sleep. It was late and she knew she should be curled up with them but her paws were restless and so had carried her out of the forest and down along the beach.

When she looked up to see a dark silhouette ahead, she jumped. Eyes narrowed and she noticed the crest on the wolf and smiled. There was only one wolf she knew of with a "mohawk" and that was Vahva. She woofed lightly, knowing in the quiet of the night she didn't need to be loud to be heard. She trotted toward her friend, tail aligned with her spine and swaying as she moved.

"Vahva." She greeted, coming to halt to nod to the woman before walking over to her side and sitting down, facing the water with her. "Can't sleep?"

Speech,

Vahva

gems
size
build
player
01-15-2014, 06:24 PM

Vahva had been lost in her own thoughts starring at the repeated waves on the shore. Thinking about the bad things that were etched into her brain, that being also of how her mother died when she was a pup. How Valhalla had never received their lead healer back, and in the end things moved on so quickly when she returned with a bitter attitude in which was indeed to cause trouble. That temper she used to have was literally beaten out of her, making her think of that made her think of how pathetic she would have been if that man from Glaciem hadn't tried to kill her that year ago. Though these thoughts were quickly broken as out of the midnight air the familiar scent and appearance of Azalea would come into her vision. She spoke in tones only a friend would say so closely to her. Vahva had come to know Azalea a little bit more if nothing at all, her eyes closed for a moment as she opened them again. "No, if I did I'd probably have nightmares." Vahva said truthfully. And that was just what she was afraid of really, the reality of it all she had buried under a skin of independence.
"Sometimes I want to forget things I can't, and they always come back to haunt me." The lady said looking up at the sky. The quiet wind rippled through her thick strands of black and white fur. "I never thought I'd have to build relations all over again like I was born a new. The only time I've felt so uncomfortable was locked inside of a den covered in wounds unable to leave." The stars were shining brightly tonight.

Speech,

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-03-2014, 12:18 PM

"No, if I did I'd probably have nightmares." The red eyed female looked at her and Azalea pulled her ears back. Nightmares? She hadn't asked Vahva of her history so she only knew parts that came out in casual conversation. The female was Valhallan by birth and her mother had been a healer. She brawny female had children of her own, though they did not come back to Alacritia with her.

"Sometimes I want to forget things I can't, and they always come back to haunt me." A paw messed in the sand as Azalea considered what the tri-colored female said. Azalea knew well of those sorts of things. "I never thought I'd have to build relations all over again like I was born a new. The only time I've felt so uncomfortable was locked inside of a den covered in wounds unable to leave."

"When I came back, after... well..." She had to pause, to clear her throat. "I hid from everyone and it didn't make things easier. I felt like a alien in my own home and it was horrible. But... I got out there again, realized I couldn't change what had happened but could change the future. I think you're doing fairly well here."

She smiled lightly. "We should visit more often. Maybe go hunting sometime."

Speech,

Vahva

gems
size
build
player
02-03-2014, 12:33 PM

Vahva looked at Azalea, she gave a sheepish smile. There was a difference between the two, Vahva could see Azalea was strong. She had the blood of Cairo in her veins. However, she was not as strong as Azalea. If anything, her weakness would come to bite her. Specially the fear she kept her calm demeanor to hide all the time. Vahva was terrified of her own four feet, but she'd keep that a secret for who knew how long. "You are an Adravendi Azalea, you will be accepted no matter what happens. My birth was a mistake and even now the world is giving me constant reminders of that." She sighed. She wanted comfort, but she knew none would come for her.
"I was a slave for nearly two seasons, and it was a fearful reminder of how weak I was. Even if I had been an alphess of that pack for the remainder of my time there, it was only so that I wouldn't have to feel that fear again. I could hardly look at my children's faces. Less I let my guard down." She shifted herself. Hunting sounded nice. Vahva was lucky to have gotten to know Azalea if not just welcome her company as a whole. Unlike others who were so wary, and she was so afraid of tripping over herself. Specially with a hidden temper inside.
"It would mean everything in the stars to have someone who cares for me Azalea. Your company is welcome any time. I'm lucky to have such kindness from an Advavendi." Her blue mane sparkled in the moonlight. Marking her as a bastard child, but these were the fears that plagued her mind. Who knew how long it would take for them to eat at her.

Speech,