Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
03-21-2013, 06:54 PM
She wandered through the forest, contentment flowing through her. Her tail wagged more than usual, a soft smile was always present, even in deep thought. She was happy, in a way that she had never known before now. Nova?s love, and her mating with him had opened a new horizon to her mind. She had given him her heart and Love, and he had given her so much more. But she needed to find a den. She as a Lead healer. Injured wolves needed a place they could trust in to always have her there. Shelter to protect them while they healed.

She?d been scouting for a while, dismissing each site she came to. Too small, too small. Bad placement. Too far from water. She knew she would never find a den like the one in the old land. Or the one before that. Her tail waved gaily. She had to find a den for more than just herself. Nova would need a place with her. There had to be room for a Dire wolf, herself, and much more for injured wolves, sick wolves. She turned, on an absent minded yearning for a change in direction, and found herself padding down a path she?d not yet taken.

Her tail waved as she took up a sense of adventure she hadn?t felt since her pup years. She noted the different plants and flowers that made up the tools she used in her Craft. Dandelions. Great for strengthening the heart, strengthening night sight, and arthritis! That could be used for Cairo. Ducksfoot. It was good for curing the intestines of worms. It helped to draw out the venom from a snake?s bite. She stopped as a thought came to her. Ducksfoot was one of the herbs her mother had listed as being good for Lung Cancer. Why hadn?t she remembered that when she?d needed it? Ducksfoot had been commonplace in their old Packland? She shook her head. It was too late to berate herself for this. Better to commit it to memory now.

She noted Burdock with a smile. It was wonderful for most everything, from fevers to arthritis. She flicked her tail and continued on. She passed through a narrow little ravine, the tops of the walls curving in to almost meet at the tops, giving the ravine a soft green glow of sunlight through greenery. The soil beneath her paws was soft and dark, rich. It would be cool in the summer. She moved on, and stopped as she heard and smelled water. She turned and followed it, pleased with the clarity of the small waterfall. It gathered into a pool, which evolved into a small stream heading off into a gap in the ravine wall.

She turned from it, and stopped. The ravine went sharply upward, soil falling away to reveal stone, stacked and fallen in such a way that it formed a natural stair step up to a spot where the tops of the ravine?s walls met and the ravine ended. A small cave. She liked the location. It was sheltered so that a patient wouldn?t be confined to the den, and could get fresh air. But would it be large enough? She climbed the natural stairs, liking the way they seemed to fit her stride. They were easy to climb, not too steep. They took the cave high enough so that it would be above the flood line. She could see the previous floodlines from previous years that had helped to shape this lovely place.

She reached the top and peered into the cave. It had seemed to be too small, but as her eyes took in the dark cave, she felt delight thrum through her. It was spacious. And it wasn?t the only part. Alcoves opened into smaller caves. Enough for several wolves. One of them caught her own interest. It was large, but cozy. Comfortable. She stepped into it, and her tail stirred the air. She liked it. She turned, decided. This would be the den of her and Nova. It would be the lead healer?s den.

She padded out and loped down the ravine. She padded to a stop and looked back. It was beautiful. She sent up a song for her mate. She also sang a claim for this spot. It was her den.

Nova

gems
size
build
player
03-27-2013, 09:27 PM
A sensation of awe stirred his insides as he padded slowly through the land, he'd followed the scent through the forest, and then he had heard her. It was a long run through the forest to begin with. He knew what she had been doing this whole time, and he had intended on accompanying her on her journey. It had only been a couple of days with her after he had made her his and mated her. Finding a den this fast he hadn't even come close to expecting it.

Once again, his thought patterns went from a constant coherent train, to a silence occasionally interrupted by a silent, but facially visible awe at his practically inspiration surroundings. His head lowered as he reached where he knew she had got to be, he looked up at the visible cave and gave his large tail a big wag and began up the natural staircase to his new home. His own home, with his own mate, and soon puppies... He just knew it. He could feel it in his bones. He would be a father.

He arrived at the top of the large, but not so numerous natural steps and peered in, he saw her then. His beautiful female, Erani. A boyish smile pulled on his mouth as he entered and gave her a big nuzzle with his scarred snout, burying his nose into her scent and rumbling a lovely growl into her ear before pulling back and looking at her. "I see you found it... At last, Erani." He spoke to her as he brushed across her on his way past, giving approving looks to everything he found in the den she had picked out for them, and for her position in the pack. He immediately found where he would want to sleep with her. It was roomy, and lit enough during the day, would stay cool at night he imagined. He nosed the bed of lichen in a snugly fit corner and gave a light hum of approval.

His head turned to her as he padded back into the main joint of the den, the body one could assume, and all of the other coves appendages. his eyes looked deeply into hers and he spoke. "I love it."

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
03-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Her joy rose as she saw Nova bounding toward her, those muscles rippling under his thick black fur. Her tail went into wild wagging as she turned to lead him to what she?d found, her body pressing and molding to his as she moved, returning his nuzzle with soft licks to his neck, tail thwacking into his side. As he reached the cave with her, she fell behind to let him discover the cave?s attributes himself.

?I believe so. Not only is it great for us, but I can keep with my duties as the Lead healer in it as well. The extra alcoves will be wonderful for future injured wolves, or the sick. That wide area outside will be good for them to get out and get fresh air without being in danger.? Pups hadn?t even once come to her mind. At least, not pups of their own. Every noise of approval he made, made her heart swell further.

She gazed up into his eyes as he gave his verdict. He loved it. Her tail stirred the air behind her at a furious rate, and she pressed into his chest, listening to the beat of his heart. ?I love You, Nova.?

Nova

gems
size
build
player
04-14-2013, 12:54 AM
A resounding laugh vibrated off of the immense cave as he saw her reaction to him, she was practically shaking with excitement. "I love you too, I love you too!" He said to her as she pressed into him, her fur melting with his to form a silvery tangle of fur. "I had better get to marking it for us, you know?" He pulled back and grinned at her.

He turned and went to the mouth of the cave, looking out at the view. "This place will feel like home in no time." He mused quietly. He turned to look at his beautiful mate and smiled fondly. "I'll be back shortly, you head off in another direction and give me some help, ay, Era?" His eyes were vibrant and alive, full of thoughts for his future. A wink was all he left her with as he bounded off down the natural steps to the wilderness, and went about his business, claiming.

-Exit-

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
04-14-2013, 02:16 AM
Erani

His laugh. It made her heart swell, and her tail fan faster as she licked at his face returning the I love you toos with enthusiasm. He mentioned marking, and she nodded, grinning at his wink and bounding off behind him, splitting away to add her scent to the area. Life was wonderful.

-Exit Erani-