Ellis

gems
size
build
player
05-02-2014, 05:01 PM

"Go and Wander." Said my heart.

...and so I would wander.
The two pups were precious, both with their own distinctive personalities. If anything Sequoyah was turning out a lot like Birch. The boy already had that protective personality rising within him, wanting to be there for his family and shield them from danger. Laria was showing signs of independence and strong will... it was wonderful seeing the two. They were the future. The wonderful future of this pack that their mother had planned... and Ellis had found them as her own family, not wanting to abandon them. She was happy here anyway... so what reason was there to leave?

The coming of winter did worry the healer a bit. Sickness could be a fierce killer in winter. She was sure she had found herbs to cover many of the common illnesses that could show up... but ah she couldn't help but worry. The healer was laying outside of her secondary den, the one closer to Birch and Eo's own. Truthfully the woman was hoping to see the children at play today. Sequoyah had gone off with Birch for some father son time and as far as she knew Eo was still at the den. Something told her to go check just in case though... so Ellis would rise, padding the small distance and calling at the entrance.

"Anyone home?"

"Speech"
"Settle down." Said my heart.

...and so here it was I would settle down.

Laria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-02-2014, 05:07 PM

Laria had been curled up against her mother's stomach all morning in a deep slumber until she started to drift into consciousness. The process was slow until she heard a voice and her ears perked up. She knew exactly who it was. It was Ellis! She jumped up, though careful not to wake up her mother in the process as her tail wagged. "Hi Ellis! My ma and I are the only ones here. I don't know where Papa and my brother went but I knew they were going to be doing something today." She rambled off, happy to have the company.

I've been reckless, but I'm not a rebel without a cause.
TEMPLATE ? NDA OF RCR & RPG-D

Ellis

gems
size
build
player
05-03-2014, 01:23 PM

The multi-colored woman would smile as she looked down at Laria, lowering her front half down so that she was on more level with the child. ?I guess your mother is sleeping huh?? She would smile, chuckling some. ?Your father took Sequoyah off for some bonding between the two of them... A father son thing. He?s probably just talking to him about proper respect of us faes and whatnot.? The femme would smile more.

"If you like we can play near my den or go for a walk down near the water.? The woman would be extra careful should Laria choose the second option. She would care for the girl as if she was of her own brood, defending her with her life. Ellis wasn?t a fighter... Nor cared for it... But that wouldn?t stop her from trying to defend Laria should anything happen... Or drag the pup out of the water should she decide she was going to try and teach herself to swim.

Laria sounded excited anyway... And she figured that her mother could use a little break from the children every now and then. She certainly had no problem entertaining one or both of them... And she wouldn?t ever go too far, as she was sure Eo knew, so she wouldn?t have to worry about them either.

"Speech"

Laria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-03-2014, 01:52 PM

The healer said she thought her mother (Laria's mother) was sleeping and Laria nodded with a small smile. Her brother and herself often wore their mother out, at least Laria did anyways. "Yup, she was really tired so I figured I'd let her sleep." She offered up as the woman went on to ask if they wanted to go play or go by the water and so Laria was tempted. She had never been by the water. "Can we go for a walk by the water Ellis?" She asked hopefully as she rushed out of the den and then froze, looking back at the healer with eyes brimming with hope.

Laria gave a small giggle as she thought back to talking about how to treat us faes. "Yup, and if Sequoyah has any ideas of harming any of us faes I'll kick him to the curve myself." She said boldly with a convincing look to go with it. So often did she wish to play and fight with others, since that was the only way for her to learn.

Ellis

gems
size
build
player
05-03-2014, 06:42 PM

The young woman would give a nod, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. ?It is kind of you to do that, Laria. A wolf such as your mother needs rest when she can get it.? The girl would rush out of the den, freezing and making her request. Ellis would give a nod, her warm smile brightening. ?Of course... But don?t go in it. You?ve yet to learn how to swim and water can be dangerous for those who don?t know.? Not to mention Laria?s mother would have her head if anything happened to her daughter.

So the healer would pad along, swishing her tail and motioning for Laria to follow her. Teal-green eyes would shine brightly as she answered. ?I doubt there will ever be a need to do such a thing, young Laria. Your brother and your father and both respectful wolves... And I can see a lot of Sequoyah blooming to be like Birch. You on the other hand, well, I?m not quite sure what to expect of you yet. But I can see you?ll be one to stand for your beliefs without hesitation. Certainly a good trait to bear.?

As they neared the water Ellis would look to the child again, ears twitching. ?You?re still young yet... But have you given thought on what it is you may want to do with your life? Fighting? Hunting? Healing? Perhaps even a mix of the three... A jack of all trades?? It was light conversation... And Ellis herself had chosen her current path around Laria?s age. She had been young yes... But... It felt right.

"Speech"

Laria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-03-2014, 07:08 PM

Laria gave a grin as the healer went on to compliment her and her eyes gleamed. The happy girl went out to listen as the healer asked her an important question and she answered with no hesitation. "Ima gonna fight fer my beliefs." She was going to be a fighter alright, a fighter until the end. "Would ya teach me to swim?" She asked Ellis with a hopeful smile imprinted on her muzzle. She held her breathe as she headed towards the bay. Her mother had promised to teach her but she'd have to wait forever until her mother decided to teach her. Her dearest mother was too protective and controlling for the girl's taste. It was something she'd never admit outside her mind though.

Ellis

gems
size
build
player
05-04-2014, 11:54 AM

The young woman would give another nod as the child spoke. A fighter then. One who would stand by what she believed in no matter what might come her way. It was a noble mission to be sure. The multi-colored femme?s teal-green eyes looked to the water again, mind beginning to wander just a tad. There were things she hoped to teach the children as well... Though she was not their parent. She hoped to play an important role in their lives... As a packmate and friend. The pack was not yet official but... Ellis never doubted that, one day, it would become what it was destined to be.

At the question of teaching her to swim Ellis would from down at Laria, ears lowering some. ?I don?t know if that?s such a good idea Laria... At least not without talking to your parents first.? Again an angry ?owyn would flash through her mind. Still though... Ellis didn?t want Laria to feel completely disappointed. ?If you really want to learn though... There?s a smaller pool of water that gets trapped near my second den. As long as I mentioned to your mom I was taking you there we could practice there first. The water would still be deep enough to learn to swim... But less of a danger of you getting swept away or anything.? She would smile.

?I don?t think your mom knows about it... And it?s still in the territory of the Bay so she should let you go.?

"Speech"

Laria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-08-2014, 05:23 PM

Laria held a small frown on her muzzle as her request was denied to her. She wasn't allowed to swim in the big water until she learned. She couldn't learn until her mother allowed it. Her mother never allowed her to do anything. She rolled her eyes at the healer with a snappy word choice, a fiercely independent rebel inside of her stirred with a wide smile and a proud gait. "Teach me in the big waters or I'll teach myself." She challenged the healer with slightly narrowed eyes. Her rather rusty shaded fur was bristling in anger for being denied. She was standing up for herself alright.

She spread her legs apart slightly to lower her center of gravity, her head lowering to protect her neck but not bending down. She stared Ellis in the eyes with determination filling them fast. She knew she'd probably not have a good run if she tried by herself to do it, but she'd get what she want, even if it was with hollow threats that she kept with a fierce determination. Her paws dug into the dirt to hold her traction as she narrowed her eyes and let out a small and intimidating (in her mind) growl.

Ellis

gems
size
build
player
05-09-2014, 08:28 PM

Ellis would wince a bit as the child spoke, her snappy word choice hurting the healer, whether she realized it or not. The woman would give a soft sigh, teal-green gaze lowering. ?Laria... What you are doing in hardly being fair...? She would shake her head. ?I am trying to compromise with you... So that neither of gets in trouble. Do you have any idea how devastated your mother and father would be if something happened to you? ...and it would be my fault for letting you into the larger waters before you had more practice swimming.? Ellis would look to the pup now, ears lowered some.

The growl... Was hardly necessary. If anything it served to hurt her heart all the more. ?We don?t try and do these things because we don?t know what it is like to have fun, or because we want to upset you or anything of the sort. Laria... Things in this world can be more dangerous then they seem... More dangerous than you know. The water of the bay is one example of that. Your mother hasn?t let you in yet because you don?t know how to swim... And she likely hasn?t tried to teach you because the water there is darker... And you have a dark pelt. If you were to go under and flail underneath the surface... There is chance we might not be able to find you in time... And wolves can not breathe underwater, believe me.? The healer would lower her gaze again.

?I do not want to fight with you, Laria... But... I don?t want to see you hurt either. So please, I am asking you not to go into the bay yet. I promise I will teach you to swim... But you can not go off and jump into things before you are prepared for them.?

"Speech"