Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
10-22-2014, 07:19 PM

He resisted the urge to scratch at the healing wound on his neck. His green eye looking at the snow as he sank down into it to relax the itching. Of course he was still pissed off at the whole situation itself. Yet, Devin had went off on a long lecture about how he should have been paying more attention. Obviously he didn't or wasn't doing a good job as king so he needed to start acting like it. He wasn't a child anymore and his children were soon to be born into this world. Yet, he didn't want to be like his father, even if he did feel like he was becoming him.
He sat himself up, snow falling off of his form. His wound was healing, but it was so large Devin said it would have a permanent scar there. It looking like someone had tied a collar around him too tightly. Vereux patted his tail against the snow. Maybe he needed to go somewhere and cause trouble. Maybe he needed to just.....be himself and stop being afraid of it. He had always watched himself so carefully because he was afraid of what Athena would think, but somehow he thought he was doing himself a dis-service.

?I speak?

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
10-22-2014, 07:40 PM

It had been a few days now since she had at last returned, and things were finally starting to feel like normal. While she was battling her feelings for Athena, she tried to be the perfect girl that she was. It hurt her so that Athena was so worried about her husband, she herself had seen the large wound on his neck. Tisking her tongue she set off in search of him then, meaning to check on him. While it was strange to be so kind to someone that she was not supposed to like, it just wasn't within Amalia to treat anyone unfairly. Plus, she herself knew a thing or two about healing, she had taken it up so that she would not burden anyone when she stumbled on those paws of hers. The wound had been pretty infected, but it had been healing pretty nicely. It was easy to pick up the large male's scent, and the girl followed it until she saw him among the snowy mounds. His form stood out like a sore thumb, and she couldn't help but let out a soft breath of laughter as she approached him. "How is everything treating you?" She asked in her sing-song voice, small stub of a tail wiggling behind her. She was surprised that Athena had not questioned her lack of tail, not that she really liked talking about it. Blinking her bold blue eyes, the girl looked at Athena's husband. It was strange... to be in love with someone's wife. It made her feel guilty, and she wanted to do all she could to prove that she was not a home wrecker.

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
10-22-2014, 07:57 PM

Vereux eye would come to rest upon Amalia, his ears flicking a little as he made an effort to press himself up. The wound had been treated since Devin returned, he was the lead healer so he had done a good job. The infection gone, but the irritation was just from the scab healing over. It was the same way when he had lost his eye, but nothing would be any more painful than that moment. That was when he dragged Talvi and her siblings back to Glaciem. The memory still etched in his mind of the bastard children, of his mother.
?Fine.? he said, looking over her. Athena's scent lingered on her, and it made him suspicious but he sighed ignoring it however. He thought that marrying her would lay claim to her, after all, he didn't want to be like his dad but it seemed like their habits just centered around him. His tail flicked a little, maybe he should have just accepted it and moved on. ?I wish this place had less secrets though.? maybe if Athena didn't want to tell him, Amalia would. It had been kind of obvious from the way he observed the two girls.

?I speak?

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
10-22-2014, 08:42 PM

The kings words seemed short, making her ears lay flat against her skull. She hadn't done anything wrong, nothing to make him this way towards her. Well... perhaps he had noticed her feelings towards his wife. Yeah... there was always that. Then he made a comment about there being less secrets, and her head tilted to the side. ?And what secrets are you talking about, Vereux?? She asked. Her innocent blue eyes looked him over, not quite sure what he was getting at. Did he mean her and Athena? It was a bit hard to catch his meaning, there could be a large number of things that he meant. In a pack there must be so many secrets hidden within it, and she didn't have the key to all of those. She shrugged her white shoulders, not knowing what she offer him. Amalia didn't want to be the one to tear them apart, she was quite content with sitting in the shadows if that is what she had to do. She refused to tear them apart, to make them choose between each other and her. She was nothing that fantastic anyways, while these two had loved each other for a long while. It would kill her if she wrecked anything between them, to be the 'other woman.'

?talk?

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
10-22-2014, 09:01 PM

He shut his eye, placing his ears on the back of his head. He had no problem with Athena sleeping with someone else, it was the fact that neither of them wanted to tell him that they were doing it. He wasn't some baby who needed cradling. He used to be that way, but he wasn't like that anymore. Vereux settled down into the snow again, relaxing his head against it. As he pressed his paws over each other. He was the king, so there was a lot of things he could do, but a lot of things he felt like he couldn't do.
?I thought marrying Athena was the right thing to do, but what if in the end I'm just hurting the both of us.? he stopped for a moment. ?What if she married me just because I wanted it....I went into it without thinking.? he sighed a little. He didn't expect amalia to completely understand. She was far too innocent from what he gathered. Something he enjoyed, and hoped she kept. He was just worried about hurting Athena. He had been tiptoeing around her his entire life.

?I speak?

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
10-22-2014, 09:26 PM

She watched Vereux with careful eyes, concern lingering in her eyes. What was wrong with the male? He seemed to be distressed about something, but she would not press him. Amalia just sat down in the snow herself, letting the silence spread. She knew that he would speak when he was ready to, she wouldn't gain anything by asking him what was wrong. So she just waited, knowing that it would only be a matter of time until he told her. And just like she had thought, he spoke. The words that left his maw was a huge surprise to her, and left her mind spinning. Blinking a few times, she had to gather her thoughts before she even dared to open her mouth. "Why don't you speak to her about it Vereux? She loves you, I can tell. But it takes two to make the relationship work, and communication is the key to all of that." Her words were slow as she tried to gather her thoughts. She probably wasn't helping, but it was all she could offer. She knew that she had feelings for Athena, but was unsure if she should tell him. Just because Vereux was feeling like he was having marriage didn't mean that she was going to roll in and tell him to peace out. She was too sweet for that.

"I've known Athena since I was little, as you know. I highly doubt that she would go into a relationship with you without meaning it. She cares for you -- really and truly." Her voice was honest, she knew that Athena cared for him. What the two of them had was different though, both were hiding it from each other and it was not something that had been confirmed vocally. Was that was he was trying to get at? Was he blaming her for these feelings he was having? Russet ears laid flat on her skull, feelings of uncertainly twirling in her gut.

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
10-22-2014, 09:43 PM

Vereux looked at Amalia for a moment, he wanted to tear up but part of him just sniffled. He sniffled and that was about as far as he could go to crying for the rest of his life now. His kind state had been ripped out of him literally by Rentaro. He only had subtle movements of compassion for anyone at this point. As he turned to face the girl and flopped down that way looking at her. ?Yes but she also really cares for you Amalia. Your feelings are just as important as hers are.? he said suddenly.
?It's okay if the two of you love each other.? he stared at the white snow. ?It's kind of hard not to notice the two of you. I just... really wanted one of you to tell me, trust me really. Amalia we grew up with a father who had many women, it's in our culture our blood there's nothing wrong with it.? he shook his head. Then his green eye looked at her a bit sadly. ?I just don't want either of you to feel like I'm standing in your way. If Athena cares about you, then I too care about you, if your Athena's lover. Than that gives me more the reason to protect you and be a good king and friend.? he stood up and shook himself off. ?Ahhhh I sound like an idiot.? he shut his eye.

?I speak?

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
10-22-2014, 10:10 PM

Amalia's eyes grew wide at the kings next words, blinking up at him. Athena cared for her? But... how? She listened to his words with a shocked expression on her face, russet head shaking back and forth. "I'm not sure what you've seen, but Athena and I have never said anything like that to one another. I mean I..." She trailed off, unable to look at him as her paws shuffled in the snow. "I care for her, greatly. I have loved her for a long time now, but have never told her any of it. I didn't want to come between you two, to be the bad person that broke up a relationship." She slowly looked up, her mind reeling. He had said things about his father being very open about his relationship, which only made her head shake more. "Just because your parents acted a certain way does not mean that it is forced upon you. You are your own person, and everyone has goodness within them. It is your own choice -- its your life and you can do with it what you want, dream, and desire." Not that she was much of a good example, having hid her feelings for so long now.

He had said something about him standing in their way, and she nearly choked on the very breath in her throat. "Stand in our way? You state that Athena cares for me but she chose you Vereux. I am okay with it, and I feel no anger towards you. I wish nothing more than to have you as a friend, but you are not standing in our way. I don't even know if there is an us." She said with a soft sigh, her head hanging. "It is I that feels like I am standing between you two, and have often thought of just wandering off again. I couldn't do that though, not again. But if you wish it, I will work on concealing my feelings for her. I don't want to be the other woman, I couldn't live with myself if that was the case." Blue eyes grew somber, but she smiled weakly at him.

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
10-23-2014, 06:52 AM

Vereux lifted a brow to amalia. So neither of them had confessed to each other. Now he felt like he was intruding, both of them loved each other and yet they were at this stand still and Amalia felt like she had no right to confess her love. A small smile crept on his face as she spoke, now he understood why Athena loved her so much. She was a kind and gentle soul something rare, delicate, easily broken, and something that was definitely hard to protect. He shut his eye and opened it again. ?You aren't the other woman Amalia.? he said softly. Knowing Athena, she wouldn't just let Amalia become distant that was just how she was.
?I have no problem with it, honestly, at first I thought it would but when I look at you I understand why Athena loves you. She didn't just chose me, I was the one who went stead-fast into marriage I really didn't give her much choice. Plus she probably liked you far before that.? he grinned at her. ?If you haven't confessed to her yet I wanna help. If anything Amalia, Athena isn't just going to give up on you. A beautiful couple can't be wasted.? his tail wiggled behind him. ?Come on, what do you say.?

?I speak?

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
10-23-2014, 10:56 PM

She hadn't thought that this conversation could get anymore shocking... but she was wrong. Amalia was completely baffled, and quite honestly had no idea what to say to this man. He was not only fine with her feelings towards his wife, but was willing to help her confess her love for Athena. She blinked her cyan eyes up at his one seeing one several times, fighting to collect her thoughts. ?I don't know what to say..? She stuttered, a small burst of laughter leaving her lips. This whole week just felt like a whirlwind of confusion and shock. ?I guess I have to say yes! I just-? She stopped, unable to control the laughter as it left her maw. ?I just can't thank you enough I guess.? With another breath of laughter she stepped forward, pressing her neck against his. ?Oh but what should I say? What can I say! And look at me, talking this over with my lovers husband.? She shook her head, her mind ringing at the one single word. 'Lover'. Athena was her lover. And she was married for goodness sake! Oh now she couldn't help but laugh at the whole situation.

?talk?