And We Sing Hey-O

Astrid

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
10-23-2014, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014, 04:46 PM by Astrid.)

Astrid was not pleased. Summer heat, summer storms, and now it was nearly winter. Where had the time gone? It had been madness there for a while, and now she was hearing talk of lands discovered down south. She wondered if that was where her damned family had gotten off to. Honestly, it should not be this hard to find just one of such a large band of morons. She cursed under her breath, brilliant emerald eyes narrowing to slits. She just want to find her freaking brother and sisters. Even an uncle would do, if she was being completely honest.

She stopped her trek through the marshy soil and looked up as a flock of some fowl or another flew over head. That's what she needed, some sort of avian. It couldn't be that hard to extort something with such brittle bones, and she'd heard the eyesight of raptors was excellent. But, she admitted at last, it was most likely folly. The time and effort that would be required to even capture a winged creature was ridiculous. She navigated her pale paws to a dry-ish piece of land and allowed herself a short rest, mostly surrounded by reeds and scrub. She ought to find a few minutes shut eye undisturbed here, or so she thought.

Taddeo

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-23-2014, 04:56 PM

The boy was still lost, his mother disappeared just as his sisters once had? or rather he had disappeared. The guilt of that ate him alive, as far as he knew she was alone. He had failed at his self-appointed mission. This area like all the others he had tired seemed to be a dead end, if he could only get his bearings he could try and work his way back to places he knew, pick up the trail there. But the storm had gotten everything turned around in his head. It hadn?t been all a loss of course, his sister Signy had been found! Not that it mattered too much right now, seeing as how neither of them knew where their mother was.
The yearling let out a faint growl and lifted his head, turning violently away from the tree he had just been sniffing. He stomped through the estuary, only too aware that his frustration was getting the better of him and yet unable to reign it in completely. He was no doubt making quite a bit of noise, and a few birds took flight as he marched in proof of that, but at the moment Taddeo could care less.
"Speech"

Aksel

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
10-25-2014, 11:29 AM
ooc: going to assume Everest was always Astrid

With a bounce in his step Aksel perused the estuary. Despite the rapidly approaching winter the birds were still out in full force chirping away in the canopy above him. Aksel was taking some time to just simply enjoy the day. Of course the little trickster always had his eye out to cause some mischief if the opportunity presented itself. Aksel paused as a familiar scent hit his nose. Astrid?! So she was still around after all. When she hadn't appeared with the Frost family on the island he assumed she'd taken her leave. Well, well, well..

Aksel shifted his course gracefully south to follow the scent, as he strolled into a clearing. This was clearly the source of the scent? though, his eyes fell upon a young male making an awful lot of noise. Aksel moved in nonchalantly, his frame relaxed as if nothing could be the least bit wrong. "She went that way." Aksel gestured to his left and just stood there like an idiot waiting to see what would happen.

"Speech"

Astrid

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
10-25-2014, 03:24 PM

The young fae was awoken what seemed like only moments later to the most horrendous noise. Her mood blackened and she slid slowly to her feet, curses bubbling on the tip of her volatile tongue. Who or what was stupid enough to bumble around like that to begin with. She was not so vain as to expect this mystery creature to know that she had been slumbering near by, but honestly. Her acid gaze locked in on a brown mass. Her lip lifted in a sneer and her jaw unhinged, but before the pale youngling could speak a familiar cadence filled the air. She reared up onto her hind feet for a breath, trying to see over some of the reeds she had surrounded herself with and saw her brother's dark form. "Aksel," she barked out, neither accusatory or overjoyed, simply an observation.

She leaped through the reeds and skittered into the clearing which now held two young wolves. She'd fallen asleep in peace and woken up to this. Joy. "You're alive, that's good." Another observation, this time tinted with a smile. She might have been more excited if she wasn't leveling the stranger with a glare. "And you make far too much noise. Didn't anyone ever teach you that 'Silence is golden?'" She resisted the urge to roll her eyes or bare her teeth, reigning her temper into something cold and very ticked off. There was no point in telling the male he'd disturbed her sleep, the fact that he was apparently an oaf would not change.

"Talk" "You" Think

Aksel

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
11-07-2014, 10:24 PM

Will you recognize me, When I'm lying on my back?
Something's gone inside me, And I can't get it back.

His sister emerged from her hiding place barking out his name. Aksel turned to her with his characteristic shit-eating grin, a glint in his eye. He'd missed his sisters to be perfectly honest. They could get into so much more trouble together than the could apart. He smiled more sincerely and nodded at her statement. Yes, he was alive. "I could say the same of you, where on earth have you been?"

Aksel's focus turned back to the young male, gaze shifting sideways as his sister spoke. "I'll say? you trying to scare up some rodents or something?" Oh that sounded enjoyable. He wouldn't mind scrounging up some odd little critters to eat. Sure they were small and more bone than meat but he didn't really mind the crunch. In fact he rather enjoyed it.

"Speech"
Will you recognize me, When I lose another friend?
Will you learn to leave me? Oh, give me one more try again.