Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-30-2014, 12:11 AM

After discovering the delta, Nagendra was perfectly happy to stay within the general locale. It was nice here. He found that though the foliage had all been crumpled and beaten by winter’s chill, it gave the area a wonderful, if somewhat callous, quiet. Birds were the only creatures about, peppering the naked trees with their hunched figures. The sky was smothered in clouds, and an endless shadow had fallen upon the world below. It seemed a tad dreary, but it was good to not have the burning sun upon his back for once. Nagendra also liked that, without all the leaves, he could see all the way to the horizon, and for someone who very much loved to see things, it was especially pleasing.

He strolled on and on, his ravenous stare drinking in every crinkled grass, every crooked branch. Each splash of dull gold was an exciting beauty – the way the dim grays and browns worked together, a masterpiece. Winter in itself, though harsh and hollow seeming on the surface, was a masterpiece. And though he might tire of it eventually, summer would always come along to rejuvenate him. Then when he tired of the heat and the pollen, there would be winter again. It was a never-ending cycle, and Nagendra enjoyed every bit of it. Even the unpleasant things in life were a joy, for they gave meaning to the pleasant things.

Nagendra thought about this to himself as he walked, smiling, absorbed in his own mind. He sank deeper and deeper into thought until the time came to slip back out, and when he did, his attention became settled upon the very interesting terrain before himself. Rocks, everywhere. But not… normal rocks. These ones were strange, precise. Weathered , but precise. They had angles like no rocks he’d ever seen, and were set up with some intentional structure. Nagendra’s brows furrowed as he paused some yards away, becoming overwhelmed with puzzlement and curiosity. It was… pretty, in a way. And so strange! He immediately wanted to know why, and how, but knew with remorse that there was no one near to tell him. Maybe no one knew anyways…

Like a fidgety child he wasted no time in hopping up onto the nearest one, partly buried in the ground, but still rising a good two feet above it. His tail lifted up and he leaned to one side, looking down the length of the rock. He then turned his jade stare to the many taller stones, which stretched up much higher, seeming upright and correct. Somehow, he felt as though this one, and the many other shorter, and buried rocks, had fallen. There was some original plan here, something which age and the elements had pummeled into loose disarray.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-30-2014, 12:44 AM

The dainty girl would find her way back to Abaven shortly after a quick disappearance. Finding herself overwhelmed with emotion after the birth of her brother's children she had fled. Of course she would not stay away when there were new little mouths to feed, and so her pretty paws would carry her back home. She'd explored this particular terrain at least once before, with a friend that she'd almost forgotten about. Her lips would pull back slightly as she thought of him fondly, hoping that he was alright where ever he'd ended up.

She also hoped that her sister had returned home finally, saying goodbye to Shaye had been hard but she'd see the girl again soon. The Destruction girl would return home in good spirits. Her mind would remain occupied as she loped past the stranger, his scent wafting up into her senses, but she wouldn't realize that he was perched in the rock above her. Obvlivious she would trot past him. However fate was not ready for her to be on her way yet, and while not paying attention Rhythm would trip on a stray rock, tumbling easily into a rock and knocking her head.

Pain would cloud her vision and the she wolf would struggle to stand back up, not realizing the severity of her injury. With a whimper she'd collapse onto the earth, eyes closed tight as she tried to stop the world from spinning around her.

""

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-30-2014, 04:25 PM

The creature blinked, enjoying the peaceful quiet which he’d been granted to survey his surroundings in. He traced the nearest monoliths with his eyes, following along the pleasingly even forms until he came to the ground, or another rock. He felt he could stare until every last one had been absorbed into his mind. He was given another minute to stand in silence, perfectly still and submitting to the world around, before his attention was caught by an approaching figure. He shifted slightly, easing his weight to one side and cocking his head a tad as he watched the details of the stranger manifest with the shrinking of distance.

The other grew closer and closer, and didn’t seem to notice him. The fact became more apparent when the wolf came within a good yard of him, and gave him no hint of awareness. Nagendra leaned slightly on his perch, looking with curious eyes and lifted brows. Sniffing the air softly, he drew in what information he could. A pretty female, he observed. Her fur was dark brown like his own, but whereas he was more dashed with darker markings, she had lighter ones. Her eyes were a beautiful blue. His curious expression swiftly changed to amused as she walked right passed him! A charming smirk danced across his face, and he was about to call out, wanting to meet her, when the grace of the moment was completely obliterated.

In one sudden move, her foot had caught on something and she went down. Nagendra jumped slightly, gasping as his smirk vanished and his green eyes widened once again. It sounded like she had hit something.  ”Oh my!” He leapt from his place on the rock down on to the grass, seeking out her form with a worried gaze. She seemed to try to stagger to her feet, only to go down again with a whine. ”Oh dear,” Nagendra said to himself, his heart pounding from the start her tumble had given him. He trotted over, disregarding personal space for the moment as he stood over her and twisted his muzzle this way and that, searching for anything serious. ”Are you alright? Can you hear me, sweetie?” He stepped back a fraction of a pace, then glancing around to see if she had been alone. He probably would’ve seen another from atop the rock, but you never knew. Oh, he didn’t know much about medicine and fixing people. What was he going to do if this was serious?

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-30-2014, 06:55 PM

There was a distinct ringing in her ears for a long moment, the whole world would go white. Beneath the fuzz she would slowly wade through. Opening her eyes just a peek the girl would see the silhouette looming over her, too much pain would radiate too be able to panic about such a thing. Her ears were clear enough now though that she would understand what he said, but responding was another task unto itself. She'd try to take in a deep breath as she urged the pain to dissipate, "I'm alive, I think." She would moan as she closed her eyes again, this time a dark paw would come up to cover her eyes. Oh it hurt so bad. "I really hit my head," she would say with a bit of effort, rolling onto her side as she dealt with the massive headache she'd been delivered. It really didn't look like she was going to make it home tonight with this injury.

""

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-31-2014, 12:29 AM

The girl groaned again, and he regretted that there was nothing he could really do to help. Sympathetic words wouldn’t ease her pain. Nagendra watched with concern, blinking and standing over her as she covered her eyes. She spoke once more, rolling over, still clearly in a considerable amount of pain. ”So you did,” he agreed, twisting his head slightly to follow the shift of her body. ”I don’t suppose you were headed anywhere important before your fabulous introduction with the ground?” he asked, a faint, curious smirk lighting on his face as he tilted his head to match his horizons with hers. If she had somewhere to be, this certainly seemed a bit of a time-consuming inconvenience. He wondered how long before she’d get up. ”Can I get you anything?” he added, though it was mostly for the credit of politeness, as he didn’t genuinely think that there was even anything mildly helpful nearby. This was a rocky, grassy hill as far as he was concerned. And besides, the only thing he could think of that might help a little was water, and there were no streams here. But what could he do?

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-31-2014, 12:55 AM

He wouldn't so easily be waved off, though the concern he showed would mostly be lost on her at first as her brain tried to unscramble itself. She would hear him agree with her simple statement, not 100 percent sure of her own words. He would ask her another question and her stupor would recede a bit more, enough to recall her eagerly awaited destination. "Home" The longing in her voice would be quite clear even through her pained voice. He would go on, asking if there was anything that he could possibly get for her, jogging her memory a bit more. "I probably have a concussion." She would whisper, "It would be best if I didn't sleep anytime soon." Though she wanted to so bad. "Would you keep me awake?" What a job to ask of this poor stranger. Why did she have to go and trip, she just wanted to be home.

""

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-16-2015, 11:09 PM

”Home,” she replied. ”Oh,” he said, his airy voice parting the quiet that followed hers. ”Do you want me to help you home?” he offered, very much wanting to help. She mentioned a concussion, and needing to not sleep, to which he would feel slightly puzzled at. She requested to be kept awake, which at first seemed a simple task. ”Certainly.” But when he thought about it… well, how was he to go about that? Tell a story or a joke? With someone he knew, he’d be able to easily pick out something to keep them amused and awake, but with a stranger, it was a bit more difficult. ”Ah, why don’t you tell me about yourself? If I am to keep you company for a bit, might I at least know your name?” he asked, smiling slightly. Maybe he could carry her, if she wanted, and take her to her home where she might be better cared for. Nagendra knew he wasn’t the strongest, and she looked about as big as he was, but he was sure he could try.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-20-2015, 10:45 AM

She would not deny his sweetness and the obvious want to help her injured self. How she had been so clumsy she was still unsure, but here she was almost immobile quite at the mercy of the stranger that had found her. First he would offer to help her home, but she found uncertainties in his plan, she couldn't have been much smaller than he was, she wouldn't have him hurting himself for her sake. He would easily agree to her request though, accepting it with a word before taking her seriously and starting his task.

Her eyes were slits as she watched him, her head pounding with a headache. She might have really enjoyed his presence were she not injured. Hopefully she could meet him again once healed. "My name is, Rhythm Destruction." Dark lips would utter softly, "I'm a messenger and healer-in-training in Abaven. Though, obviously in need of much more training since I can't even keep myself in one piece." She'd give a weak chuckle as her eyes opened slightly to see his reaction. "You probably shouldn't try to carry me either, I don't want you to hurt yourself." She made sure to add, her concussed mind almost having left it out.

""

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-24-2015, 12:42 AM

Rhythm Destruction. The first part was nice, the second left him puzzled. He arched a brow with a half smirk. ”Do you find yourself ruining things often?” he asked, the hint of a laugh rolling on the edges of his words like a breeze. He would shortly silence it though, sealing his lips with a smile that meant no harm. ”My name is Nagendra Bahri. It’s a pleasure to meet you, though the conditions unfortunate.” She would tell him more about herself, and he would remain smiling. A messenger. She certainly had the body for it, although an injured woman was no one to ogle, and so he’d keep his thoughts and intentions clean. Maybe he could learn some things about this place while she talked. Along with the information about her identity, she spoke something that sounded like a name. ”Abaven? Is that a pack?” he inquired with genuine curiosity. He had been interested in learning about the packs here. He knew there were some, for he’d smelled them, but he hadn’t felt quite up to going and bothering any of them for information yet. He had been surprised he hadn’t run into any pack wolves up until now… She would at last advise against him carrying her. ”Ah, alright,” he accepted simply. Unlike most men, Nagendra seldom felt the need to prove his masculinity with fabulous feats of strength and bullheadedness, so such a thing held no temptation. He could see that she was only a little smaller than himself, and besides, wolves weren’t exactly shaped for portability in the first place. He’d probably end up hurting her more if he tried.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-24-2015, 01:04 AM

.ooc. i love the new table!

The chocolatey girl would find herself smiling in amusement as he made an amusing comment about her name, though she couldn't deny the truth of it. "More often than I care to admit," her voice was quiet as he introduced himself elegantly, his name rolling easily off his tongue before she offered a little more about herself. It was indeed a pleasure to meet him, and she would regret the circumstances. curse her clumsiness.

He would ask his questions, keeping his end of the deal and distracting her from the rather strong urge to sleep. She would nod in a quick answer, the result making her head spin. The girl had to keep her silence for a moment, her eyes pushed close she her head lowered as she tried to still her spinning mind again. When she opened her eyes she could see a bit clearer and would finally answer him. "It is, my brother is the alpha there. I also have an Aunt who rules Threar, another Eastern pack." Keep talking. Stay awake and keep talking. "Do you have a home, Mr. Bahri?" She would ask her own question, now curious about his origins as the attempt to occupy her mind would continue.

""

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Thanks c:

The wanderer’s brow remained arched, his lips twisted in a faint, quirky smirk as she smiled too and replied. He had nothing to respond with, but merely continued to watch with an attentive gaze. When the lady closed her eyes for a moment, he found himself startled and lurched forward, stretching and leaning closer to her to eye her with distress. ”Ah – “ he opened his mouth, a hesitant note shivering in the air before dissipating. For a moment, he thought that she had fallen asleep. But he had allowed a tense second to pass – a second he was rather thankful for, for in the next moment she’d open her eyes again, awake.

Nagendra would softly exhale the breath he hadn’t noticed he was holding, and then sat back, realizing that his looming over her might be a bit disconcerting. His look of alarm staggered back to a faint smile, and his ears would tilt back forward to listen to her answers with renewed interest. Two packs, Threar and Abaven. He’d have to remember those… She would ask him, in return, if he had a home. ”Oh, Nagendra, please,” he’d dismiss the formality with a charming grin. ”May I call you Rhythm?” a quick, interjecting question. He waited a moment for a response before answering the original question. ”As for a home, I have none. I wander. Although I wouldn’t be averse to experiencing pack life for a little bit – just to try something new. I’m very new to this particular area, actually.” He offered a glance upwards.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-26-2015, 03:41 PM

She only thought about stopping the light spinning when she closed her eyes, as her bright gems opened again and she explained her home. He seemed to have jumped up at her dizziness, keeping to his word and making sure she didn't fall into sleep. He relaxed with her words, and her suspicions confirmed. She would smile as he insisted she call him Nagendra, out of habit her features would tip forward in another nod, sending her spinning once more. He'd ask her name as she closed her eyes once more, "I must stop moving my head," she'd mumble before opening her eyes and answering him, "of course," finally refraining from another mistake.

She was able to watch him as he explained his own home life, he sounded much like her sibling. He didn't seem beyond joining a pack however. "You sound like my other brother, Chord. After he left our birth pack he's just been out on adventures." Her voice was almost wistful, though she knew that she would never get away with rogue life if Bass or Motif had anything to say about it. "Would you want to come back and meet my brother to see if Abaven might be right for you?" She would tilt her head slightly and wince, it wasn't quite as bad as nodding. "I need to thank you for helping me somehow." She'd offer, now indebted to this kind stranger.

""

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-31-2015, 12:20 AM

A faint grin spread across his face as she confirmed his request for a more personal titling. When she continued on, he gave a small smile, tugging broader along one side of his face than the other. He picked up a little on the faint trace of want in her voice. ”Oh, and what adventures there are to be had - something new around every turn,” he perhaps sounded a bit cliché, but was undoubtedly devoted to it. ”Do you not have many adventures, living in a pack? Besides magnificent tumbles of course,” he asked, with an amount of humor.

When she offered to take him back to Abaven, he was quite pleased. He found that he was actually quite eager to investigate some of the packs around here. ”Oh,” he offered a slightly surprised syllable, still smiling charmingly. ”Well, I would love to see what the packs around here are like, although I can’t guarantee I’ll join; a pretty face is very alluring, but I very much like wandering,” he grinned with sudden mischief, his twinkling gaze upon the brunette woman a hint as to who the “pretty face” was.

I’ll stay here with you until you feel well enough to move,” he’d add, shifting smoothly from playful flirting to a more serious concern. ”Are there many hostile wolves around here?” he would ask, glancing about as if one might appear over the very next knoll. Such a question established his readiness to defend, although he was very much the passive type.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-31-2015, 09:16 PM

He wouldn't miss the wish in her voice as she spoke of adventure, she was free to roam the lands but she always had to be back in Abaven eventually. Unlike Chord, he came and went as he pleased and didn't have any responsibility waiting back in the pack's borders. He'd ask of her own adventures, teasing her about her tumble softly. "Oh I do, but it's so different when you are free of responsibility.." She'd trail off into a smile before dark ears would flick up to his response to his invitation to Abaven. She'd narrow her eyes playfully at his mischievous words and grin, fighting back a widening smile of her own. The amusement would help her to overcome the pain throbbing behind her eyes.

Of course thoughts of relief would only bring more pain even as Nagendra moved on to the next of his subjects. He would at least stay with her until she could get back onto her feet. Refraining from nodding she would accept his kindness, "Thank you, again.." her voice soft as he questioned her once more, this time about the potential for hostiles. "Not that I've ever seen particularly. It is rogue land though, there's potential for anything." though she'd try to shrug the danger off the threat was real. She couldn't expect this almost perfect stranger to defend her when she couldn't even walk correctly. A sigh would leave her as he looked a little nervous, her head stopped spinning but was that enough for her to stand?

Probably getting a little overzealous the dainty she wolf shifted her paws underneath her, readying herself to stand before trying to hoist herself up. She didn't get much further than that before she slumped back down. Nope, not moving yet.

""

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-08-2015, 11:56 AM

He listened, still smiling. ”Ah, I could imagine,” the young man replied with understanding. Maybe that was what he loved most about being out here like this – the lack of responsibility. It was liberating, although thinking about it made him feel like a selfish child, and guilty. The word “responsibility” was a heavy one. Was it wrong to have left his family behind like that? To take the opportunity to shed duties with the excuse that his family was substantial enough to care for itself? Which it was. So was it really something he ought to consider an excuse? He wasn’t sure, but still felt guilt lingering in his stomach like dark smog.

When his attention shifted back to the present situation, he would focus on Rhythm’s voice once more, thanking him. A bold and genuine smile flashed across his face, washing away the emptiness that his pondering had left behind. When she informed him about the area, he’d nod again to show his attention. He supposed that was as much as he could expect. Anything could happen. He looked away again for a second as thought rose up to try and envelope him, but soon he caught a glance of movement, and looked back to Rhythm. She began to try and stand, and Nagendra’s lips parted slightly to draw in a soft breath as he rose and took a step back to give her room. She didn’t last long though, and went back down. ”Oh,” a barely audible murmur escaped him as he stepped forward again to sit beside her, frowning sympathetically. ”Hmm, you need to rest a little longer, I suppose?” He fell quiet for a moment, trying to think of other ways to pass time and distract the girl. ”Could you tell me more about Abaven?” he hummed. Another useful question. Hopefully she wasn’t bored by all this.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
02-10-2015, 11:20 AM

The thoughts of running off after her adventurous brother Chord had been quite the temptation, but as she'd said there was too much responsibility waiting in Abaven for her. She had nieces and nephews counting on her, let alone the siblings who needed her as well. She could never abandon them even if she wanted to.

With her attempt at standing up quite thwarted she would sigh heavily as her head pouneded. Nagendra would keep his promise, eagerly trying to distract her from the sleep that called her. He'd ask more about Abaven. "It's a wonderful place to live. Everyone cares about you, and it's lovely being surrounded by my family." Though that seemed to be the exact reason it was so hard for her to be there. They all reminded her of the tragic loss, no matter what she tried to do. "You should really see it for yourself." She'd tell him as once again she willed herself to stand. Taking a deep breath and steeling herself the girl would push herself to her feet, this time leaning against a boulder before she fall back against the earth. "I don't think you'll need to carry me, but I may need to lean on you." Her expression was obviously pained, but she was through laying there like a helpless rat. She wanted to go home.

""

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-19-2015, 11:51 AM

He smiled at her loving description of the place. And of course she would describe it as so – it was her home, and her family’s home. He figured though, if he was really thirsting for love and care, he could head back to his own birth place, filled to the brim with his own family. They all cared about one another, certainly. But he had left because he had gotten his fill of that and had been more enticed by ideas of adventure. Still, he had decided that he wanted to see this Abaven. Rhythm would suggest that he just see it, and he would nod. He rose again as he saw her ready herself, his lips once more parting gently and his brows furrowing ever so slightly. She leaned against something this time before falling, then speaking. She really must’ve wanted to get back. And who could blame her? With all of his own gallivanting, Nagendra was thankful he hadn’t gotten himself hurt yet – all alone with nowhere to find shelter and aid. ”Here, come,” he beckoned, stepping beside her and offering his left shoulder. ”Just say which way to go, and I’ll make sure no more rocks attack us,” he grinned faintly.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
02-19-2015, 01:31 PM

She barely had to speak and the other chocolatey wolf was at her side, helping her to his shoulder as he just wished for her to point the way. He'd be there for every step she was sure. Even through the distracting pain of the headache she'd gotten his joke would amuse her, the smile playing easily at her lips. She'd lean her side into his shoulder, needing every bit of his help as she pointed the direction of home. "That way." she'd point her nose in the general direction of Abaven. The path pretty much straight ahead from the rock she'd crashed into. "Thank you, again." She'd tell him quietly as she leaned at his side, what would she have done if this complete stranger had not been here to decide that he wished to help her?

""

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-03-2015, 08:03 PM

The girl’s body leaned against his for support, and he’d turn his slender muzzle to watch her, waiting for directions. When she motioned, he’d follow the gesture with his snout, peering ahead. ”Right then,” he would breath softly, beginning onward with slow, deliberate steps to make sure that Rhythm would be able to keep with him. She thanked him again, and though he kept focusing onwards, a smile flashed across his face. ”Think nothing of it.”

-exit Nagendra w/ Rhythm-