ardent

Avoiding the Thought

Cassandra

gems
size
build
player
04-11-2013, 10:52 AM
The way he would show his teeth every time she spoke made Cass a little uneasy, and she stopped for a moment to think- If I lead this Domovei to water, once he drinks and regains his strength, what's to keep him from attacking her? But at a second glance, she decided that was a foolish notion. He was gaunt with dehydration, and would probably take several days to fully recover. She watched as he scrutinized her body, hoping he was not sizing her up for an attack

"A stream, she says..." his weak voice rasped and he looked at her with suspicion in his eyes. He seemed to be losing sight of her at the same time, his eyes going in and out of focus as she tried to hold his gaze. She thought he would faint, that his strength would finally leave him, but he continued to speak, this time of his pack.

"Domovei of Lentajin." She looked down at him, his malnourished and visibly distressed frame, and wondered what his packmates must look like if he was this bad off. "If this Lentajin is so great, where are your packmates to guide you? You seem to be wandering like a common rogue. Your Alpha must not be too concerned about you, letting you off alone like this."

It was amazing to her that he had managed to get this bad. Survival had never been hard for Cassie. When a situation became unbearable, she would simply leave. Her youth and general good health kept her fed, and quick thinking kept her out of harms way. This wolf, however, seemed too delirious to survive on his own for much. She wondered what might have happened to his loved ones. Had he left them behind, like she had done? Or had they abandoned him?

Either way, her sense of compassion told her to stop insulting the unstable wolf's pack and start trying to lead him to the water. She turned back the direction that she came, keeping an eye on him as she took a few steps toward the faint scent of water. "Why don't you come with me now, I'll take you somewhere you can drink."