ardent

Problems - Open

Eos

gems
size
build
player
04-12-2013, 07:51 AM

There was nothing the banshee despised more than the presence of weakness, and yet it was just that that had grasped at the youthful impressionability of her mind. Had tarnished her carefree childhood and replaced joy with confusion, displacement, loss. Had she of been stronger, the demise of their mother would never have had such a devastatingly jagged effect on the character of the feminine youth. Who was to fault for that? Hell, she had no idea. Had Guinevere chosen to die? Had she given up on her body and her children in the sour and careless, thoughtless, painless way Eos had always thought? Or was she dragged unwillingly and violently from the earth by the cruel and unforgiving forces of nature, and nature alone?

The questions had clawed at her mentality from the day of Guin?s death; tugged painfully at the folds of her childish brain, dragging arteries and nerves from one side of her skull to the other; displacing her clock-work, changing the blue-print of her intellect, savaging everything she could have been. Her sisters seemed virtually unaffected, and yet the russet banshee had been so disturbed and wounded by the loss that it would drag her from the life she had always known, drag her from the path of knowing and force her into the mystifying thorns of uncertainty. It was a shady place, and yet it was sickeningly beautiful. Every now and then she?d catch a glimpse of the path she had once walked, looming between the twisting arms and coiled fingers of her new-fangled world; and this was one of those times.

His voice ruptured the hazy thoughts of her mind, brought her back to the non-existent memories of her creation; the collision of the Kings DNA with her mothers. Eos was the product of him, and as much as she tried to deny it, tried to deny that she was the artifact of anyone or anything, she held the quietest whimper of pride within the tapered impound of her chest; a fickle and fragile tickle that would remind her of her family, of everything she should have been. ?No, I didn?t want protection,? her voice struggled to break free, clawing desperately at her jaws in irregular cracks. ?I don?t need you to protect me Father, I don?t fear the world or it?s sinister ways- I yearn them,? she paused, silver-green eyes straying as Chrysanthe coupled the reunion. ?She broke the ties that made us what we were and it shivers me. Shivers me in places I don?t understand. In losing her I lost a part of my spine, but I?m going to find it- whether it leads to the most ominous of nightmares or the sincerest of imaginings.?

Nape snaked almost robotically upwards, tawny strands clicking with static against the fibres of her father. ?The blood you have given me makes me strong, but I need more than ?this,? regretful gape crawled between the cerulean gazes of all four of her company, the emerald tone that swirled within her own windows a suggestion of their differences. Ah, Syrinx. The name tugged at her compassion in a way no other could, Eos had always been detached from her sisters. But she and Syrinx had faced the world together as pups; their similarities causing devastation in the most faultless of ways. Where was her brother? Would she now only see the painful differences between the two, or would she find a sense of comfort in the reticent armour of his psyche? She wanted to see him.

ooc: Some of you may decide not to reply after this, sorry I couldn't include you all. :c