size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
09-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Cascade blinked at the sudden vehemence in the youth's voice as he denied any interest in going to see his half-siblings, again at his sudden flood of questions concerning the pup (was it Rhythm's? had Rhythm run away? had she stolen it? That last one amused her more than she'd admit) and she sighed internally. It wasn't like she hadn't seen it before. Jealousy, insecurity... Vana had it in spades, and it certainly didn't take anything as big as a new litter of siblings to set her off. She didn't want to be mothering Esti's kid along with her own... She kept her own annoyance sharply tamped down, knowing it was mostly the exhaustion talking. She was Ash's mentor, and she was the Et Uxor, so tired or not this was her responsibility too.

"Ash," she started gently, "Do you remember how Angelus treated you when you were young? He'd gotten used to his litter being Valen's only kids, but when you were born that changed, and you were the newest, shiniest, and youngest of all Valen's kids. You got attention, and your father spent a great deal of his free time with you because that's what babies need. But that didn't bother him. He still loved you, and played with you. You were still his brother. Now you're in the same position he was, and you get to make a decision. Regardless of who their mother is... those pups are your siblings, just as much as Angelus and Seraphim and Evangeline."

A half-smile quirked her muzzle. "And Chaos."

She jerked her head over her shoulder to the den behind her, where the sleeping pup was still quiet. "Your newest younger brother, Chaos. He's sleeping just now but you can see him later when he wakes up if you want. And no," she added with a chuckle, "I didn't steal him. He's my son."
Cascade's "baby daddy" (Valentine) and her children (Angelus, Seraphim, Evangeline, and Chaos) are allowed in any of her threads, regardless of whether or not they are marked private. Because they are all special rays of sunshine.

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!