Hold on Darlin'

Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-30-2015, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 01:01 PM by Nagendra.)

The frown remained on his slender muzzle, looking out of place and invasive where only smiles truly belonged. His brow was knit, the frustration giving decent enough explanation for his frown. The frustration was its temporary permit. He glanced back towards the mouth of the den, and then back to the grassy horizon, tilting his head some as if it might help shake a decision out. Then he heard his name, gliding across the warm air on a gentle voice that was welcomed by his ears. He turned suddenly, his lips parting slightly and his eyes widening. ”Rhythm!” came his soft exclamation.

He rose as she approached, pressing swiftly against him in a surprising embrace. ”Hello,” he said, an uneven grin stretching across his face as a laugh bubbled from his mouth. ”Yes, yes,” he answered to her question. When she told him how she had worried, he felt bad, just like he had with Valentine. He made no exaggerated repentance though, did not hang his head in shame. His guilt was something delicate, that graced his features with all the softness of a flower. ”I’m sorry about that,” he said quietly. ”It was very rude of me… I like to think of myself as… a leaf on the wind. But it is no excuse for trying to be a part of something and then disappearing like so,” he said, his voice firm.

”I am back now. Although I should think that this is not the only reason we have to celebrate,” he grinned with a sliver of simulated egotism, ”I heard that someone has been messing around with boys in the late hours of the night.” His grin stretched farther, taking on a teasing angle as he leaned forward. ”How are your children?” a gentle smile fell across his face as his voice grew warm. He always cleaned up his banters well with compassion – and such palpable sincerity.