gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
10-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Starling seemed to finally get a grip on the world, feeling the dizziness slowly melt away. Yet he didn't want to move. Feeling the warmth seep into his chest and belly, feel his heart beat against his own, it reminded him he was alive and made him feel...safe. He hummed lightly, eyes slowly peeling open as his mind tried to catch up blinking as clarity slowly edged into his eyes. What was that? What? He parted his lips a moment, staring down at Cathaoir, before it finally caught up to him that he had switched over to Italian suddenly. It was his more comfortable language, it made sense. So he smiled softly. "I-it's italian...It's m-my family's language..." He said softly, giggling softly to himself and nodding in affirmation when Cath asked if he could call him Star. Of course, of course! But reality suddenly seemed to crash in on him as his thought process finally stuttered to a start. Blue eyes would widen slightly as he looked down at the boy before he jerked his forepaws onto the ground. "O-oh!" He said quickly, feeling his muscles quiver in protest as he shuffled back, off the man. "I-I'm s-so sorry! I...d-dizzy, oh.." He breathed then, feeling all his blood rush away from his brain as he tried to move, only to have his legs quit on him. And suddenly...oh, he was down again. "D-dizzy, ah, I-I think w-we should s-stay p-put for a s-second." He said with a laugh. Perhaps he had tried getting up too fast, or his air supply couldn't keep up with his pounding heart. Spinning, didn't it just stop spinning. "I-i've n-never d-done an-nything d-dangerous." He laughed then, sadly, weakly as he hid his nose in his paws. "O-of c-course the fi-first time I t-try, I a-almost die." He would open his eyes slowly, knowing he was just embarrasing himself. But he had been scared, so scared, in those moments, that he was about to fall and no one would be able to heal him. The concept of mortality wasn't something Starling thought about often, and it terrified him to know it could all be out in a second. "I-i'm sorry...a-again...o-oh g-goodn-ness..." He whispered, quickly averting his gaze from Cathaoir. He was so weak, it was true. He lay on the floor of their platform, but this time, nothing but cold rested against his racing heart.

"Burn Baby Burn" | "Italian"