Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
10-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Lark didn't want to have this argument right now. In a few days, they would be going to war. He knew Shrike would likely be fighting, and Starling would be tending to the wounded - making him a target as well, from both fighting and sickness. And Bass would surely be leading the front lines in the battle. He wouldn't show it outwardly, but he feared for them. In his naive mind, he wished he could take on Hellstrom all by himself, to keep his family out of it and away from harm.

His mind wandered for a minute when Lillianna began speaking. Oh boy, was she angry. He was angry too. He felt it growing by the minute, boiling over into that low growl that rolled from his lips again as he moved a few steps back, away from her. She's the closest thing I have to family. I will do anything for her. She is family to me. But the difference was that she wasn't Lillie's family. And never would be.

"Never said you'd hurt her," he retorted gruffly. "I said that her family will take care of her and protect her. Certainly before you have a chance to." Lark didn't care that she brought her flowers and pretty trinkets. When it came down to it, he would do anything for Finch - and as far as he was concerned, he wanted Lillie to have nothing to do with it.  He fell silent then, letting her words wash over him. It wasn't surprising that she'd rambled on about it, given how mouthy she was - wasn't that how her face had gotten scarred up? - but he couldn't find any other words to voice his own thoughts. Lark had never been particularly wordy to begin with. "Vaffanculo," he would mumble finally, turning away from her to move away from her and the rest of the wolves. He had a lot to think about before the siege, and he didn't want to be around anyone.. especially not Lillianna right now.

-exit Lark-