ardent

Stitching

Cypress

gems
size
build
player
12-03-2015, 11:44 PM

Cypress wasn’t sure what the kids thought. He knew that they had to be hurting, had to be confused as to why their world was being turned upside down even more. The man would pad towards his children. Towards the gathering where he had told them to wait. He wasn’t sure if Juni would show, but he was sure the other four would pass along his words. He didn’t want to speak for them. He wanted them to be happy. He wanted them to be able to choose their own lives. But...

Cy would arrive to see the little ones gathered. He’d heard ‘Ponine and Holly, his heart breaking. “No one could have brought her back, Holly. You did your best... But it was her time.” Cy would let out a heavy sigh, sitting down as he gazed as his young. His young with his beloved wife. How strange it felt that she was gone now. How it stung... That she thought no one would miss her.

“Children, it is not secret why I’ve called you here tonight.” Cypress would delve right into it. “Things are changing. We are no longer at home... Because without your mother it never will be. This pack was damned... And without her I will not continue to lead it for much longer. I needed someone to pass this pack to. Someone who wouldn’t be pissed on just because they shared her blood.” His gaze was deeply saddened.

“We are hated... We are mocked... For being Sonticus... So... It was time to change. I... I don’t know how much longer I will be around. I will be going after Sin come spring. I will be challenging him to the death, same as your mother...” He knew it was a lot to take it. He expected cries of anger, of sadness. “I can’t let him get away with what he did to your mother... And if I am to fail... At least I tried. At least I can be with her.”

""