Caeli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-22-2016, 10:44 PM

Astrea could see his anger then, could tell that she seemed to be hitting a deep well of anger and desperation, he unleashed it on her. Calling her out on her journey away from the family, a journey that she needed to take to cast aside the child she once was, to give up the immaturity that had fallowed her those first years of her life... but he called her out on it, making it sound like it was for nothing, that she was merely playing out in that darkness that they called the world. Her own anger was sparked with that, a anger that seemed to only be called when Volt was at his most unreasonable. She narrowed her pale eyes at him, the feathers in her pelt rustling in the wind. "When have I ever said I know more than you? When have I ever even acted like that, I have never acted like I always know best, I point out things that may be missed merely giving advice when it is needed. If you take my advice or not if up to you." Her voice grew deeper as she continued, "So you know my feelings better then I do? Okay, lets test that, what am I scared of Volt? Why am I not able to sleep at night, even before little Illume was lost to us. What haunts me, what shadows eat away at my light? Tell me Alpha Voltage, what fear does your youngest sister hold near her heart?"

How dare he assume her thoughts and feelings, as if she was still that scared insecure child that he brought home to the rest of the family. She had found herself those months she was out in those world but not only that but she found clarity to the shadows that had filled her, had began to understand them... "You do not want to push me Voltage, I may be your youngest sibling but I will not scavenge and beg for scraps."

Then his tone changed slightly, a slight begging tone coming to his voice, but seeming to be hidden under his high and mighty tones. She laughed when he seemed to turn the very words she told him all those months ago back at her, but it was a bitter sound, one filled with the anger and distress that she felt at this very moment. It was a sound that never had before came from her, Voltage it seemed could bring out her most ugly emotions. "Cannot lose me, eh? Need me? Why? Why Voltage, I am nothing, nothing more than a passing thought most of the time, always pushed into the shadows, always forgotten until I am needed. Why is it Alpha Voltage that not ONE of my brothers or sisters ask me where I have been? Or ask if I had something to eat, or if I would like to sleep where it is warm? Why have you not seen the darkness that seem to hound me like nothing else?" Her voice grew softer as she looked down then at the ground between her paws. "Why does it seem none of my siblings are concerned with my fading light? That even before little Illume was gone that there was a shadow in my heart, no matter how hard I hide it one of you should have seen it flicker in my eyes." Why have no one heard my soft cries when I wake from my nightmares? "Even at home my light will fade, even safe and fed I will fad, the shadows I live in, Alpha Voltage, have covered me in a way your inattention have only fed... At least this way I am doing SOMETHING, I am fading for a reason..."

It was true she felt the shadows draw on her, filling her like they had never before. Knew that her failures had cut at the light enough to let the darkness grow, and her families ignorance of this shadow had only made it harder for her to resist it. The only thing that seemed to keep her going was her nieces, the need to find little Illume and her promises to little Ray, those two purposes was why she was still going, why she got up from her bed and went on with her day...