gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Sparrow just couldn't quit laughing. This back-and-forth was ridiculous. Ashmedai's face was so expressive every time she got him. She was laughing right up to the point he told her she better run. Ears pricking, Sparrow looked at him just in time to see him coming at her. She squealed and turned to run off, her cry turning into laughter as the two ran through the trees illuminated by the light of the fireflies.

--------------------------LATER POST-CHASE--------------------------

Ashmedai was too fast, but she was agile. Coming up to a river, Sparrow splashed in a little ways, "Time! I call time!" The girl panted, turning to look at Ashmedai, "I need a drink," she said breathlessly, bending to drink from the cool waters. On a warm night like this, the water was refreshing and clear. The lazy bugs flickered overhead, their reflections dancing in the river below. It was really relaxing, but it reminded Sparrow how her aunt was laying with the pups and how she was supposed to visit them. After drinking, Sparrow turned to Ashmedai, "I should... probably get back to my cousins now..." she mumbled, not making eye contact.