I close my eyes, begin to pray,

Tears of joy stream down my face.

With arms wide open,

Under the sunlight,

Welcome to this place,

I'll show you everything,

with arms wide open,

With arms wide open.

It would have taken a blind wolf to miss the swelling of Ocena's stomach. The life that moved within her made the shewolf appear almost comically disproportionate, her stomach stretched to fit three lives inside of her frame. And it had been a stretch, but the time had come for her to bring these lives into the world. A den had been carved out not too long ago, in the early days of her pregnancy, off to the side of Glaciem territory. And it was to this den that Ocena made her way, slipping from the heart of her pack's lands to the more deserted expanses. Here, there would be less of a chance of a wolf stumbling across her during the birth of her children.

And it was lucky that the female managed to squeeze herself into that den, for the pains were beginning to come faster. The time was coming nearer, and where Ocena should have felt delight, there was only pain, rushing with each contraction as her body moved to push her children into the world.

The time passed in a haze of pain and discomfort, but finally, finally, three little pups cried their surprise and shock to the world. They were large, for pups, and one loving eye passed over the trio with a gentle smile. One seemed to take mostly after her, black and white in pattern like Gargoyle's. The other two had inherited a mixture of their parents colors; the two males were both large, though one was larger than the other. The main differences were that the larger one had more tan on his tail and less on his chest and hind legs. The larger one was nuzzled slightly as Ocena curled protectively around the three. "Avalon," She breathed, her voice heavy with exhaustion as the three moved to suckle, nipping and pawing at her stomach. "And Galileo," Her muzzle pressed against the smaller male there, a pleased smile crossing her features as she turned her attention to the female in turn as well. "Orica." With that, the female let her head lower to rest upon her paws, her one good eye focused on the three pups. The presence of any others was more or less ignored; Ocena had eyes only for the three that had been brought into the world, products of herself and Gargoyle. They were all beautiful, of course, though only time would tell if any had inherited the partial blindness that had shaped Ocena's life.

Names had been discussed with Gargoyle, of course, and had been settled on a little time ago. Avalon and Galileo had both been options for the males, and Orica had been their favorite for a female. Her tail thumped exhaustedly against the earth, and Ocena fought to keep her eyes open, unwilling to let them slip shut. As exhausting as it had been, she wasn't ready to let these three out of her sight just yet.

They would have good lives, of that Ocena was sure. With Gargoyle as a father, they would want for nothing, and Glaciem would be good to them. There would be many other pups; Keki was pregnant, and so was Crusade. There would be children for her trio to play with, and as time passed, they would be great wolves, Ocena was certain. There was potential held in these tiny frames, potential that surely all could see. Or perhaps that was just a mother's love speaking, coloring her view of these children with rose tinted lenses. That was always a possibility. But the exhausted female knew only joy in that moment. The doubt that had always tainted her life had been chased off in the warmth of this moment. For a time, she drifted in a haze of pure contentment and love.

If I had just one wish, only one demand,

I hope hes not like me, I hope he understands

That he can take this life and hold it by the hand,

And he can greet the world with arms wide open.

Speech