ardent

you just might see a ghost tonight

Absinthe 1

gems
size
build
player
02-04-2016, 09:28 PM
ooc. I'm sorry this is so late! School is super busy this semester, but I'm trying to stay caught up! D:

Bacchus was stiff as a board as he settled onto the ground. Jeez, something was definitely up. This wouldn't a fun story. She leaned back against his flank, tucking herself into the crook of his thigh and adjusting her shoulder blade so it wouldn't impale him while they talked. She wanted to rest her chin over his back, but this wasn't a conversation for almost napping. He almost immediately asserted that she would be the first to tell tales. Absinthe sighed, frowning at him. However, it wasn't her place to push. He looked haunted, and that irked her immensely. Her best friend prompted to start from when they'd been separated. She settled further into the soft bulk of her steel coated friend, and let her tail still against his. "Alright, well, you know all about the storm of doom. You told me to go on ahead, and that you'd follow, remember? Well, I went on ahead, and found somewhere to hole up, right? Well, you weren't there, you never showed up." She muttered, staring at her alabaster toes. That had been a dark time for her, she'd been so worried but that storm would have swept her up in a heartbeat. She would have been killed in a second, it had gotten so bad.

"I looked for you, obviously. You don't think I left you, do you?" She questioned softly, mismatched brows drawing together. "After the storm stopped, I wandered around for days, looking in every nook and cranny for your big dumb face." She sighed, holding his ruby gaze with her odd eyes. "When I couldn't find you anywhere, I decided I'd continue on the route we had planned. I figured you'd do that too, because it seemed like a good thing to do, you know? I got all the way to the north, and stayed for a while. It was nice, up there. Nice and cool, I could imagine little baby Bacc running around with your brothers there." She giggled, trying to lift the mood of the conversation. It was true, she had been able to clearly envision her best friend frolicking in the snow drifts with his brothers, having the time of his life. She'd never found out why the family had moved to Fiori.

"When you didn't show up, I figured you'd gone home. You weren't there though, I didn't catch anything anywhere in the east." She murmured, dropping her cheek against his side and breathing in his musk. "Where were you, Bacc? What happened during the storm?" She whispered, trying to stop her vocals from trembling. Why was there a scar on his face? He'd been right behind her in the storm, she remembered that clear as if it had been yesterday. When the wind got too bad, she thought he had bitten her tail. Had he? Trying to hold onto her, probably, or making sure the wind didn't carry her off like a leaf on a branch. She'd been so heavily dissociated from her emotions while she searched for him, she didn't want them to get in the way. Now, she felt the distant dread roiling in her gut.

"talk"