size
Large
build
-
player
02-12-2016, 09:38 PM

LORD, I AM CLIMBING HIGH MOUNTAINS TRYING TO GET HOME
Trying to get home...  

Lyndvarr eyed the feathered creature, taken aback for a moment. This boy wanted him to heal the bird? Hmmm…. his brow furrowed. "Well, I could give it a try but I've never tended to a bird before." Dosing might be difficult if he used anything but the mildest herbs. The bird was smaller even than the average pup and Lyndvarr's specialty was battlefield medicine not pediatrics. This was going to be tricky. Lyndvarr listened intently as the boy listed off her wounds and he nodded, he could smell the infection from here. "I see, can you clean the gunk away from the wounds? I'll be right back with some herbs. I saw some Eldrun not from here and I have yarrow and white sage with me." He'd been hunting for ginseng as well but so far he hadn't had any luck and he rather doubted he was going to get that lucky so he'd stick with what he knew was available.

Lynd traced his steps back to the Eldrun plant, gazing up at it's foilage. He supposed it was more commonly called Elder here or Elderberry. He hoped the spirit that dwelled within the plant would not mind him taking some of her berries. His hind legs coiled beneath him as he leapt up, snatching a frond of elderberries from the great bush. He was fairly certain the bird would be able to eat the berries. Trotting swiftly to where he'd been setting his herbs before he'd gotten distracted by the willow tree he laid the berries on top of the pile of plant material before nuzzling the corners of the hide together and scooping it up in his mouth.

Swiftly he returned to boy and bird and unwrapped his treasures. He plucked the berries off the top and set them aside before digging through the other plants. Marshmallow? No. Lady's Slipper? Also a no. Ahhh here it was. Gingerly he pulled out a few pieces of yarrow and white sage. "When you're finished can you go gather some pieces of moss and clean them while I tend to her?" He realized it was probably a bit to ask for the boy to trust him with the bird but honestly Lyndvarr was well-fed and not interested in anything so covered in feathers when there was game around far easier to eat.