size
Large
build
-
player
02-21-2016, 05:18 PM

GOT AN ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER
But the devil always won...

Hárekr watched the girl mull over the names. Hmmm… nothing seemed to quite suit her tastes however and Hárekr's brow furrowed. A tricky customer, hm? He sat back thoughtfully. Háre knew snippets of numerous languages but honor was not a word frequently brought up in regular conversation. He thought of old Angvarr, now that was a man who talked ceaselessly of oaths and honor and of a time when wolves were more than wolves. A world traveler and renowned trader it seemed to Hárekr, at least when he was young, that old man Angvarr knew everything.

Hárekr sifted through his mind and memory, seeming almost to slip into deep meditation as he picked through the words of his old friend, through the strange and exotic languages that seemed so foreign and strange to him but no less beautiful.

"I'm afraid in the tongues I'm more familiar with the words will all sound quite similar. Honor is Ehre in German and is similar to Ære. Integrity in Spanish is Integridad and Intégrité in French. They have a similiar sound. However, I have touched many other languages thanks to my friend Angvarr but it has been awhile. Let me see. I don't know many ways to say integrity. There is Sláine and Akhandata but that's all I know. Honor is an easier word, Angvarr would go on and on about it, what it meant to the men he traded with."

Hárker shifted and grinned softly. He missed his old friends and couldn't help but wonder how they were now. Was Angvarr even still alive? "Meiyo is used by an elusive group of small islanders far, far to the east. Sharaf by a desert tribe Angvarr once lived among for a time. He also dated a woman from a jungle pack and I believe the word was… Aadar. Yes, that's it Aadar. Let me see… ah! Heshima! Also Kaajenan. Languages used by a few different packs across the sea that Angvarr also traded with on occasion. He never did tell me how he got all the way over there. Am I closer to the mark this time?"

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head."