size
Large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
02-26-2016, 01:41 PM
Cas' ears pricked up at Hati's sudden delve into the philosophical, and the tips quivered with the effort to not laugh. It wasn't that he was really adding anything new, some of the kids had already professed that practice would help their confidence. But he had given her a new angle to work with, in his own way, and hiding a grin behind Super Serious Cascade-face she added, "Hati's... right." Ish. "Sometimes there doesn't look like there's much difference between a lack of confidence and an accurate assessment. If someone's bigger and stronger than you, realistically it might be a harder fight for you. That's true - that's not necessarily a lack of self-confidence. But the difference is in whether you are focused on their skill, or if you're dwelling on your perceived lack thereof. When I stand toe-to-toe with Valentine getting ready to spar, do you think I think, 'man, it totally doesn't matter that he's six inches taller than me and outweighs me by like a million pounds' no way, I am very much aware that he is bigger and more skilled than I am. But in the end it doesn't matter. His strengths can be used against him just as much as any of our weaknesses. If we second guess ourselves and say, 'man I'm just not good enough' we never will be. But if we look at an opponent, and instead of saying, 'man he's way bigger and stronger than me, I'm toast,' we say 'oh hey, he's not paying attention to the sand under our feet, I bet I could get him to slip in it if I tried,' that will make all the difference in the world. It's just a matter of changing the perspective of your observations away from what is bad towards what you can use."
Cascade's "baby daddy" (Valentine) and her children (Angelus, Seraphim, Evangeline, and Chaos) are allowed in any of her threads, regardless of whether or not they are marked private. Because they are all special rays of sunshine.

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!