gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
03-05-2016, 07:49 PM

The explanation took Leo off guard. Cypress? And Holly... It seemed that the messes never ended with their family. Would there ever be a time when there wasn't some sort of discord or heartbreak? Just as things begin to settle down something blind sides them. He frowned as he listened to his nephew, settling on to his haunches while he did so. There was no easy answer to any of this. He wished there was a fix all solution for this, some easy way to ease the pain he was feeling. But the only thing he could offer was his support and he was sure that was going to work about as well as a leaf holding back a river.

"Seems like today's the day for disappearances," he commented with a heavy sigh. "Riv, there is no way for you to fix your father's mistakes. I know that well enough. This was his choice and no part of it is your fault." He let his gaze drift away from Rivaxorus as another sigh passed his lips. "I wish I could tell you it gets easier- the pain from not knowing why he left... It does in a way. At least it did for me. Although I suppose it's more of just an acceptance and not thinking about it than getting easier." He hadn't thought about his father in ages. After a while he had even stopped using the Mathis portion of his last name. There had been many more reasons for that than just him disappearing, but that alone had been a tough one to accept.

"Talk" "You" Think