gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
03-21-2016, 12:53 PM

Leo nodded in understanding when Riv spoke of having to stay strong. That was always the hardest part, wasn't it? Keeping their own emotions in check and being the rock for everyone else. He knew he had willingly taken on this role. He had wanted to lead a pack for this very reason. He wanted to be someone his family could lean on and depend on, but sometimes it just felt so hard. So very, very hard. The past few days had been like that. Having his children with him constantly only made it worse because there was no option to go back to his den at night and give in to this loneliness and sadness. He had to keep up this front all the time for them.

When Riv asked how he was doing he could only shrug with a little shake of his head. "Like you said... I'm struggling to stay on the surface." He sighed a frown touched his lips. "If it was just me, if I didn't have the pups to worry about, I think I'd be okay. I'd take a few days, search Alacritis for Svet, and if I came home empty handed I would be heartbroken for a while and move on. But our pups... He sighed again and gave another little shake of his head. He didn't know what else he could say about it. "They don't understand what's going on and I don't know what to tell them."

"Talk" "You" Think