gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
04-03-2016, 08:56 PM

As she greeted him in return and settled into a seated position, he would sigh tiredly and recline onto his rump as well, allowing himself the small luxury. As she began to speak, he soon learned that this woman before him was Athena, the very wolf he'd been hoping to find eventually. Now was not the time for pack business, but at least it was good to know who she was. He listened intently, nodding his head as she spoke, although it was clear in his bloodshot eyes that he was ready to doze off. A mighty yawn would stretch his jaws, and although he turned his head away from his acquaintance, it was much too obvious to be missed. He looked back at her, a sheepish grin upon his maw. "Glad to meet you, Athena," he said with a nod of his head, "When I first arrived in Fiori, Leo told me I would need to meet you. But I think that's business for some other time."

Another yawn would cause his jaws to part, and he'd shake his head, trying to rid himself of the sleepiness. Clenching his jaws, trying to ward off any further shows of fatigue, he'd offer an apologetic look to the woman. "Don't worry, it's not that you're boring me, I simply haven't slept since... well I don't know when," he admitted with a tired blink of itchy, irritated eyes, "Tired as I am, I haven't settled well. I just haven't found the right place to set a den, and I can't stop pacing. Perhaps I'm being a little picky... but I'm wary about where I choose to close my eyes." He supposed he didn't need to retain such caution, but it couldn't be helped. It was in his nature to stay awake as long as possible, before sleep dragged him into the dark abyss, and by that time he didn't care where he was, as long as his back was tucked against something sturdy. He didn't like the idea of anything sneaking up from behind.

Digging his claws into the ground to settle himself, Xephyris perked with sudden interest to a thought in his mind; Athena must have lived here quite some time. She would know the lands. So tired was the man, that he was willing to take suggestions as to where he might rest. "Perhaps you have a suggestion for me?" he would query suddenly, "Is there a place unoccupied that might do well as a resting spot?" He wasn't even sure what he was looking for. It had been so long since he'd made himself a permanent resting place, he didn't even know what to look for or expect. Maybe this woman had a better idea than he did.

"Talk" "You" Think