gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
05-21-2016, 08:36 AM

Pere's head flew upward at the sound of a bird's caw. By the time she'd found him and figured out what the hell was going on, a mostly pale she wolf threaded herself through the reeds. Peregrine's eyes flew wide. Magpie! Yes, she recognized that face. A healer and herbalist if memory served, they'd exchanged goods once or twice in the past. It had been... gods, she didn't even know how many seasons had passed, but she remembered the older fae as sharp and entertaining to say the least. And her little bird, Wolf, too! Pere tossed back her head and laughed, skipping away from the shore and onto smoother ground. "Mags! Gods be damned, it's good to see you again!" Her tail a slight wag and she dipped into a bow so low it could only be mocking, one forepaw sweeping out before her. "What could I have done to earn the honor?" She popped back up with a grin, which quickly slid down into a grimace. "Sadly, business has slowed to a halt ever since losing my old sling in a flood earlier this spring. Now I have to work for my food." Pere scoffed and rolled her eyes. She'd won her beloved satchel in a race before she was even a year old, and now it was gone.

Peregrine looked around them. She'd heard this lake was supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in all of Boreas, but she was unimpressed. Perhaps she'd return in the summer, when there was something of use here other than a cold drink. She considered digging up the tubers of some of the cattails, knowing some healers liked to mix more astringent tinctures in with a mash of the starchy root for palatability, only because she'd never done it before. Then again, getting cold and dirty was hardly an appealing though, despite the fact that the temperature of the air still seemed to hover above freezing. In the end she discarded the thought, looking to Wolf instead. "No greeting for me, you blasted bird? I'm heartbroken!" She tucked her ears back, feigning a injured demeanor, but could only hold it for a moment before giggling.

"Talk" "You" Think