Solveiga

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
05-26-2016, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 01:47 PM by Solveiga.)

The small woman stayed where she was, carefully watching the man before her. Her ears stood tall, prepared to catch any greeting he might throw her way. But after an irritated flick of the ears and what looked to be a conflicted little scowl on his face, all the man could be bothered to say was what. Solveiga knew at once that he was going to be a grumpy fellow. It wasn't that hard to tell. The irritation and disinterest rolled off of him in waves as he came closer and settled himself beside her, which made her wonder why he bothered to approach at all. Why not just walk away? Solveiga could not help but be intrigued by him. She was like a pup in that way, always secretly wondering at the motives and behaviors of others. Some, like this man, could turn out to be really interesting. You never really knew what was lying below the surface and ticking them off all the time.

He looked at her as if expecting a response to his blunt earlier question. If it was a question. The woman stayed quiet a couple of seconds longer, weighing her words. "I didn't mean to bother you," she said evenly, her voice soft as usual but not quite as timid as usual. This man was actually a little smaller than she was. He didn't scare her, not really. He was all bark and no bite, and even if he did decide to snap at her, she would wager that she was still faster at him.

And even then, he should have no reason to be aggressive toward her. She was not insulting him in any way, nor did she plan to. "I just saw you on your own," she began. "like me. I thought maybe you'd like some company." If that wasn't the case, she would understand. If he asked her to, she would simply leave him alone.