gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
06-01-2016, 09:05 PM

Magpie spoke of the Deadman's Scrap, and Pere let out a scoff. That hellhole? Well, you do what you gotta do, right? She had a tough time swallowing that unpleasant nugget of knowledge. "Brilliant," she purred out, voice dripping with her obvious exasperation. Still, she capped it off with a chuckle. After all, it wasn't Magpie's fault and her company would likely make the trek more than worth the struggle. When she proposed lingering a bit longer in on the perfectly comfortable lake shore, Pere couldn't agree fast enough. "The cattails alone are as good as gold to me," she said with a dry laugh. "That fluff at the top is damn warm to line your den with. All the same, I'm certain you're right." The soil here was rich and she could see all the dead growth which remained from last year. It would certainly be a wealth of herbs and other useful materials.

Magpie went on, inquiring as to her presence. Sure, where she went mischief and uproar usually followed, but as to the arrival of caravans she could not say. "I certainly hope so," she began. "I spoke to a few of my contacts in the east across the sea before traveling here, who knows where they might choose to go next?" The caravans weren't much better than dandelion seeds drifting wherever the wind takes them. They flit about on a whim, wherever trade is strongest, wherever business is promising. So far this land seemed painfully void of exchange of any sort, and frankly Pere wasn't certain how they'd managed to survive as long as they did. "Perhaps we'll just have to give things a push in the right direction, eh?" She tossed the other woman a wink. She certainly had the aptitude for it, a quick mind and a strong sense of others. Not to mention Mags could take a fair amount of shit, which was an important trait in any profession, but Peregrine would give her points for it all the same.

"Talk" "You" Think