gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
06-03-2016, 01:36 AM

Roza knew her father didn't like when she went past the pack boundaries, but she really wanted to catch herself a late night snack and she just wasn't having any luck around the mangroves! The grassy plains were right next door on the other side of the border that went around the hot springs so it wasn't even like she was going that far... at least that's what she told herself to convince herself that she wasn't going to get in trouble. Besides, wouldn't her dad be so proud when she brought home her own prey! She had left Abby back at home as well since her friend wasn't quite ready to fly just yet and she knew she wouldn't be able to keep the bird on her back while she was hunting.

She trotted out into the grasses and was immediately glad she did. She could hear the little mice and squirrels everywhere. Now whether she was actually going to be able to catch one of them was a whole different story. She crouched down into the grass like her father had taught her and like how they had practiced with Bright Moon and inched forward, listening and searching for their scents. She followed the scent of one of the squirrels until it finally came into view. It was digging at the dirt for something, which worked just fine for her. She inched forward a little more before she sprung forward, but her paws missed the rodent by an inch. The squirrel darted away from her and Roza chased after it, too stubborn to just call it a loss and search for new prey. The squirrel ducked into a den and without thinking Roza followed in behind it. She saw the larger wolf's form moments later and she skidded to a halt a few inches from him. Her prey darted back out into the open and she watched it go with a huff before looking back to the man in front of her.

She didn't really know what she should do. Should she run back out as well? Maybe the squirrel had the right idea. She dipped her head guiltily and started slowly backing out the way she had come. "Sorry! I didn't mean to! I'll just go, sorry!"

"Talk" "You" Think